Do laws guaranteeing freedom of religion protect Muslims from discrimination?

• Yes, Muslims are protected against discrimination due to the laws we have.

I believe that the laws guaranteeing freedom of religion protects Muslims from discrimination. I think that a lot of Muslim are able to practice their faiths and beliefs here in the United States due to the laws we have that requires people to respect the rights of others to their beliefs.

• They're really not discriminated against.

Yes, laws guaranteeing freedom of religion protect Muslims from discrimination, because there are really very few instances of discrimination against Muslims. To the contrary, people tend to bend over backwards in order to make sure that they feel welcome in the United States and not discriminated against. Cases of discrimination are few and far between.

• Yes They Do

The laws guaranteeing freedom of religion don't protect discrimination, but there are separate laws that uphold this, so for the sake of the question I agreed. People who follow the Islamic faith have just as many rights in America as those that follow Christianity. I know this is a problem for a lot of conservatives because they associate everyone who follows Islam with terrorists. That is discrimination, I wish you would learn to recognize it.

• Laws guaranteeing freedom of religion do not protect Muslims from discrimination.

Laws guaranteeing freedom of religion do not protect Muslims from discrimination. Although there are laws that punish people for religious discrimination, Muslims are still discriminated against or harassed. The law does not completely deter people from harassing Muslims, and Muslims are often harassed or discriminated against because of events such as 9/11.

• Laws guaranteeing freedom of religion does not protect Muslims from discrimination.

Laws guaranteeing freedom of religion does not protect Muslims from discrimination. I think that after the 9/11 attacks the Muslim people will always face some sort of discrimination. Unless we can provide proof to the discriminating people that they had nothing to do with the attacks then they will continue being discriminated against.