• Bla bla bla

Bla bla blabla bla blabla bla blabla bla blabla bla blabla bla blabla bla blabla bla blabla bla blabla bla blabla bla blabla bla blabla bla blabla bla blabla bla blabla bla blabla bla blabla bla blabla bla blabla bla blabla bla blabla bla blabla bla blabla bla blabla bla blabla bla blabla bla blabla bla blabla bla blabla bla bla

• Bla bla bla

• Bla bla bla

Bla bla blabla bla blabla bla blabla bla blabla bla blabla bla blabla bla blabla bla blabla bla blabla bla blabla bla blabla bla blabla bla blabla bla blabla bla blabla bla blabla bla blabla bla blabla bla blabla bla blabla bla blabla bla blabla bla blabla bla blabla bla blabla bla blabla bla blabla bla bla

• I'm left handed

It gives me Aden advantage because people don't expect what I'm doing. In football I am the best because of my advantage. I also have met lots of left hinders and they are better than right handed people in general. I totally agree for the statement that lefty's are better at sport.

• I know many left handers

Every single left handed person I have personally met has been a great sports player, although some of them might not stay fit and become overweight, but overall, they may have a little bit of an advantage because some sports are hard right handed, but easier left handed, and can be mastered easily.

• They have the "Surprise Effect"

Most athletes don't expect to end up playing left handed people. I speak from personal experience. I have played tennis for 3 or 4 years and I had not played a single left handed person until this winter. I wasn't prepared for what he could do differently with his spins and other things. Athletes are often not prepared for left handers so they will have a slight upper edge.

• Advantage in being the minority

A left handed person will be well practised at playing against right handed opponents (as right handed person make up approx. 90% of the population) but right handed sports players are less likely to be as prepared to face a left handed opponent, as the chances of them having faced one is much smaller. This gives them an obvious advantage.

• Left-handers do have the advantage in some sports

Some lefties have an advantage in some sports. Baseball is a sport were lefties have the advantaged. They are closer to 1st base. Lefties have some advantages in some sports but may not realize that advantage. I'm not saying that all lefties are gifted at the "advantage" sports, but that some sports give an advantage. Granted, there are some vary talented righties in baseball, tennis..... Etc, but some of those sports do not offer the "advantage" to the righties.

• They do, especially when playing against a righty

In many sports where there are positions (right this or left that), being the opposite of your defender is really important. If you are playing zone basketball, for instance, and you are on the left side of the court and dribbling with your left, you have an advantage over a right handed defender. Same for soccer and field hockey.

In baseball, it only really matters for the pitcher (and batting). Other non-positional sports, it is not as important.

• Defenders play to the right

As a left handed basketball player, I feel as though I usually have a major advantage against the competition. Most defenders give you the left as they're used to playing against right handed players. They'll tailor they're defense toward a right handed player making it easier to attack with the left hand. Also, a skilled lefty will mask that they're left handed by dribbling with both hands. When you can go both ways, the defense relaxes and you'll always find a time to attack with the left.
    Also, left handers have better looking jumpers. It just looks better.

• They are not

I know many people who are very good at sports and are right handed. I also know a few people who are left handed and are not very good at sports, some are even overweight which proves that people who are left handed do not have an advantage of being better at sports

• They're the same

Left handers and right handers are techincally the same. Left handers and right handers both have advantages in sports. For example, basketball doesn't have to do with left handers or right handers. Some sports like golf and baseball, they both have advantages and disadvantages. Not all sports need/change depending on left handers and/or right handers.

• Left-handers have no advantage because there is equipment made for both hands.

Left-handers are no different that right-handers when it comes to sports. In basketball, a left- or right-hander would have no advantage simply because there is no equipment evolved. The question comes up in a sport like baseball, where bats and mitts are involved. But there are these kinds of equipment made for left-handers as well, and there is no plausible reason for why this would give them an advantage.

Posted by: TigerAmb
  • Left-handers do not have advantages in sports, because right-handers can learn how to compensate.

Left-handed individuals once held a unique advantage in many sports, because they threw their opponents off balance. In the Internet age, when everything is recorded and analyzed to death, and broken down into a million statistics, it's easy for defenders and opposing coaches to come up with adjustments, negating left-handed advantage.

Posted by: FlakyHerb64
  • No, because I am left-handed, and I never saw any advantage to it.

There is a certain level of myth to the idea that left-handed people somehow have a leg up in sports. Never in my lifetime of playing sports, which I have done quite a lot of, did I find that being left-handed gave me any kind of competitive or practical advantage over right-handed people. In certain situations, there might be a small advantage, such as left-handed pitching in baseball but, in general, there is no advantage.

Posted by: MariaR
  • Left-handers and right-handers have an equal playing field.

I think that both left-handers and right-handers have the same advantages when it comes to sports. People grow up learning to adapt to their abilities, and this is a prime example of how both cases are familiar with dealing with the other case. Any person playing a sport will have a run-in with someone who favors the other hand. This gives both sides equal opportunities to adapt.

Posted by: TedieDelight
  • No, they don't, because there is no scientific evidence proving so.

While most people are right-handed, it would seem that left-handed people will have an advantage over their right-handed counterparts, but that is not so. Most sports can be played with both hands, with right-handed players having more positions to play. So long as your opponent knows what hand you are using, there is no advantage.

Posted by: JaggedGiuseppe
  • I disagree that left-handers have an advantage in sports, because most athletes are right-handed.

Right-handed athletes mostly dominate the sports world. And, as a result, there is far more equipment crafted for right-handers. Specialized equipment does offer advantages. Additionally, it is easier for a right-hander to cover a right-hander defensively, where applicable, more than it is a left-hander on a right-hander.

Posted by: DapperEsteban32