Do magazine advertisements send unhealthy signals to young women?

• Yes! They absolutely do,

It can be difficult to comprehend why, but if you just think about it you may actually agree. Many people are blind to the harmful things right before your eyes. Although you may just think it’s perfectly harmless you probably have never seen the results of these unhealthy images being put in young women’s heads.
    Through a young woman's eyes, anything is possible and everything is real. Teenagers have a fascinating tendency to believe in the unbelievable and dream of the unthinkable. So they will most likely want to do what models or celebrities do!

• Love yourself the way you are

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

• Yes it is bad for young women

It makes women feel like they need to be skinny and half the time girls will go on diets and then start skipping meals and then end up not eating just drinking water and chew gum and then they end up having eating disorders and thats bad trust me i know from experience

• These aren't real ppl

These women are photoshopped to look like perfection. No one on a magazine cover isn't touched-up, young women strive to be these people don't exist. I'm not saying that your fave celebrity doesn't exist,just the person the magazines portray. These young girls believe they can look like this, but not without the help of a computer,

• Yea idiotz mm

Wanna die noooo sooo plz they are giving bad info to ppl ahaa thats tru ah why more wors anyways its tru tri ytri tru tru tru tru truttruttr tru tru tru tru tyru tru tru tr u truy ru tutru tru tru try tru yru tru tru tru tyr

• I hte looking at nice bobs bc i will never be like that nd i dont ned to know it!

Ok im done byeeee whhyy do i need so many words its not fair just like the ads you bums jk you guys are awesome but still let me goooooooooooooo please? Why so many words holy! Ok fine im lmost done! Lol lol lol lol lol ll lol lol lol lol

• Yes they do

Some Magazines have pictures of overweight actors and now models who are trying to making a difference by making clothes for OverWeight people when what those people need to do is lose weight because obesity is a serious problem that can cause heart disease blood clots diabeties and more which all of these can lead to death.And those Actors Singers Models what ever they are convince young women to become Over weight because they think that its ok and everytime that happens a person will probably die.

• Yes they do

Young women who see these starving, skinny girls in magazines somehow think that that's what beauty is, being skinny. I am aware that obesity is real and its bad, but being 400 lbs is different than being a size 11. Being bigger than the skimpy bikini models is not bad!!!

• They should take it as inspiration

No how could it send unhealthy messages to girls? The girls idolize these women and the women obviously take care of themselves. That is a positive message to send to girls. Now girls shouldn't starve themselves to look like the women on the covers but rather it could motivate the girls to get in shape. They don't need to be saying it makes me feel horrible that I don't look like them, because it's a fixable problem the girls today are just lazy and want people to say that fat is healthy when it's not! They just want a reason to justify their laziness!

• I strongle disagree

I absolutely disagree that magazine advertisement sends unhealthy signal to young women because it gives inspiration to young women,they are tips and tricks and could turn young women into beautiful models.Here are top three main reasons why I disagree that magazine advertisement sends unhealthy signal to young women.

To begin with, you don’t always have to compare yourself, you can take as an inspiration to make yourself look like that.For example if you saw a really skinny women on your favourite magazine don’t compare yourself, just take it as inspiration and try doing some simple workouts to look like her.Don’t compare just inspire. Inspiration motivates to do something more and healthy.

Additionally, magazines have clever tips and tricks to make life easier for us to proceed.Imagine your life without using any tricks or tips?Its going to be hard for me since I use lots of tricks in my laptop.Tips and tricks are last minute time and money savers for those who are lazy.For example it halloween you have no costume,looking at different magazines gives you lots of ideas and using one of those suggestions saves time and money saving.

Furthermore, there are more than hundredths of models produced everyday in the world because of advertisement.Women who want to became models see magazines everyday because they want improve themselves to look more prettier and skinnier just like the models.So young women can turn into models and make lots of money on advertising.

Therefore, I absolutely disagree that magazine advertisement sends unhealthy signal to young women as shown in my argument because it gives inspiration to young women,they are tips and tricks and could turn young women into beautiful models.

• No they do no not send unhealthy messages to young women for multiple reasons.

As a female that reads these magazines I know for a fact that they do not. They actually can help women. They can help keep them fit, eat healthy, and help them set up goals. Young women see these pretty fit models and say "hey, I want to look like her." and they can choose two ways to do that, the healthy way or the dangerous unhealthy way. But if they choose the healthy way yes it will take time but eventually they will get there and they will be happy with their body. They also show healthy food that looks delicious in these ads and it encourages them to go out and buy the ingredients to make these healthy meals. They also encourage young women to workout and stay fit and healthy which is a good thing that everyone wants. These are only a few ways and there are many more out there.

• Being big is NOT OKAY

Many people say that magazines are sending the wrong message to teenagers, but they are just promoting a health lifestyle. Many are now promoting thay being big is okay, but in reality it isnt. Being big means that you don't have a healthy life. You are endangering your health and have risks for obesity and diabetes along with heart and organ failure. BEING BIG IS THE SAME AS BEING OBESE, AND WE NEED TO STOP OBESITY!!

• How does it make them unhealthy?

You don not have to take it that way you can also take it as an inspiration to make yourself look like that. It did for me i went to the gym evryday for a year and i lost 55 pounds and i am still going to the gym thanks to one of those "unhealthy" magazines....

• People take what they want from the media

They don't have to take take to heart what they see. They can chose what their opinions are and what they do and don't think is attractive. It's not being shoved down their throat; it's just there. No one's asking them to even buy the magazine the images are in!