• It will make them happier.

Many people are happy because their children. Even though they didn't liked to have children before, there are many people that likes to have children after they have their first child. It will make the population increase, and that is good for the country, so it is good for them too.

• If they don't want to they don't have to.

Marriage is about being friends with your spouse, not just raising kids. You can enjoy each other and it may be easier to bond without kids; you have fewer responsibilities. And less stress. Having good kids makes many couples happy, so go for it if you'd like, too...It's a personal choice. Never feel pressured to have kids. It's your choice. Just make sure you and your partner enjoy your life and family relationship either way.

• Not if they don't want to

Children not the sole purpose for marriage, it is just the social norm. One of my former sociology professors is voluntarily childless, and my sister does not intend to be a mother. Being a parent is an enormous responsibility, and if certain people decide they are not up for it, that's their decision. I myself am not motivated to be a father.

• Married without kids and happy

My husband and I have been married for 5 years and we have no plans for children and am very happy. My husband believes we should focus fulfilling each other's happiness. We do not want to have children because someone told us we should or because it is a social norm. You make your own choice based on what is best for your life.

• Life is for living

Different things make different people happy. It takes all types of people to create a balance in society and couples should have the right to choose what they feel is the best thing for themselves. Having children because you feel pressured to by others will not mean you are automatically a good or happy parent. Those who want children and want to provide the lifestyle to support their kids should do so. Regardless of what choice you make, you should be respectful of others who may make a different decision to you.

• Not every couple has children

I got married a year ago and it totally drives me bonkers when the in-laws ask about us having children. We are happy right now just the two of us and it's really based on a huge responsible decision if we are emotionally, and financially ready to have children. And the answer is no. The fact that we live in Vancouver Canada ( ridiculously expensive living here ) makes it really difficult to even think of bearing a child.

• Freedom of Choice

Married couples should be able to choose whether to have kids or not. There are too many unfit parents that decided to have kids only because there are told to start getting on it. I have seen many of these parents unhappy and mistreat their children. Eventually, they stress out and it could cause more harm than good. Marriage should not be that way. Instead the couple should be more focused on making their marriage work than having kids. If kids is part of their choice that is fine, but it should not be the sole reason for the marriage existence.

• Marriage is about family - a partner to witness the events of each other life.

Children don't make a family the married couple do; children are an addition to the family. Families are about people in the family and would dismiss the 100's of families that are not married couples. 7 billion people on the planet is it wise to continue with this selfish growth?

• No one has to have children.

Children are not always, or even usually, the basis for marriage. Some people can't have children, and others don't want them. No one should have to have children if they don't want to. It isn't mentally or emotionally good for them or the children and can be a financial burden.

• Kids Not Necessary

I believe that a couple can absolutely be married without kids. An aunt on my mom's side of the family, for instance, has been married for 25 years and neither she nor my uncle have ever wanted kids. The marriage is still going strong and they couldn't be happier. So despite what Catholicism says, married couples CAN be happy without kids.

• Not everyone needs to have children

We have enough of an issue with overpopulation in the world. We don't need to expect all married couples to procreate.

Not everyone is cut out to have children or even what's to have children. Not everyone has a job or a lifestyle that lends itself towards raising children. The days of trophy children should be gone. Children will be much happier if parents don't feel obliged to have them, but want to have them.