• Yes, men expect too much from women.

I believe that men expect too much from women. They expect women to be "superwoman." She is supposed to be able to hold down a full time job, take care of the kids, have a sparkling clean house and have home cooked meals on the table every night. Women still take on most of the household chores and child raising responsibilities.

• Men expect women to wear more hats.

The expectations of women include being successful at work, in the community and in the family. Men, generally do not carry the same burden of being able to gracefully perform all of the tasks as women. Women's liberation has placed equal expectations on women in the workplace without really alleviating their responsibilities at home.

• Absolutely no doubt

Modern women today are expected to:

-work full time and contribute 50% like a man or else you are a "golddigger" This is true even if you make substantially less money than your husband because you work in an underpaid field. This results in men having more spending money on themselves than women do. Most married men I know go out and buy expensive cars, electronics and such quite frequently then ***** at a woman for buying a 50 dollar purse or new outfit every few months

-do the majority of housework and childcare. Studies show women do 5 times as much housework and childcare as men.The worst part is since men do *slightly* more than their father did they assume they're equal. Studies show men vastly overestimate how much weight they pull outside of their career around the house. Men believe in equality as long as it benefits them.

-never age, keep your 20 year old body forever. I am very much into fitness, and many of my married female friends are too. I have seen with them, after having 2 kids even the best diet and working out...Your body/skin/stomach will never go back to how it once was.

-accept that our husbands will become disrespectful and not as attracted to you as you age. No matter how great of shape you are, at some point (around 35-40) you are OLD and younger gals are seen as hotter. Men with wives this age start acting disrespectfully and then say "he's just being a guy," "it's biology," and "cannot help it." Yet if I notice a cute younger guy I'm "not trustworthy." Looks like the biology card can't be a 2 way street...Plus aren't women wired to want security? Yep, I studied evolutionary biology/psychology and women are wired that way. Oh wait, it doesn't benefit men so it's invalid.

• Absolutely no doubt

Modern women today are expected to:

• Without a doubt YES!

Men expect us females to be doing every single thing! Whether its cooking, cleaning, taking care of the kids, and hold down a well paid job. Not to mention they expect attention whenever they feel like getting it but god forbid we ask for attention because then we are "needy"

• We do not expect much either

I feel sorry things went that way..But just remember that you are beautiful cause you bleive in yourself and you do not need a man say it to you! I am recently separated and just after he lost me he is trying to get in touch I ve been also abused verbally and indirect physical also..But I always believed in my self and I realized men expect women to be under their shoes control her and shape her as they want customize her whenever they feel like to..*** sex we can live better without it to some degree better than men!If I ever think remarry I will choose not live with a husband see his imperfectness and he see mine everyday! A wife and a husband should miss each other and not share all to keep passion love and attraction curiosity alive! Best of lack in life :)

• Not that many Gentlemen in the world.

I been married for 15 years with a man . I keep myself looking good and he just don't care about his physical looks. I even look pass this because I love him at one point but all he has ever done is put me down. He even got me to believe that I'm unattractive and not worthy. He drank and hang out with his friends on weekends to talk about other woman. He even try to make me look or be someone else. Well I was sad depressed and I cry a lot because my husband didn't show me any affection. I even though of dying but then I realized it's not worth it. As I went out I was surprised to find other men found me attractive and even try to date me but I made it clear I was married. You be surprised how many didn't care and probably were married themselves. Well any way Karma is real. One day my husband said hi to a pretty girl at work . He even flirted and she got mad and told him your ugly. He came home and told me. I didn't feel bad he deserves it. They have been lots of time were people friends, family even strangers told me . Wow! You are beautiful and your husband is lucky. He not even attractive. You could of done better. I'm still in a marriage with no love and I'm beginning to hate this man day by day because I try I really try to get him to appreciate me but it doesn't work. He continues to neglect me and be an jerk. I have chat with guys that I met and I discovered all men are pigs . They want to be intimate right away and do no work. They disrespectful rude. Some look like cap but think they are God's gift to women. I going to get divorce I'm waiting for my son to be 18 because he's young like 13. So when my son 18 I promise my self freedom because I'm tired of the verbal abuse. I won't look back and I'm going to be a lonely number but it's better to be alone then in a relationship where you feel alone.

• Such a wrong statement

I am a guy and I'm saying no. As long as a girl is nice, with a slight bit of looks, I will want to date her. But for woman I've known, They care about physical looks in places that shouldn't matter like the penis. Us men are expected to be almost perfect, although we have to hear you woman, especially in my age of being a teen, complain about their period every so often, and makeup, and how they have a "fat" body. Of course that may sound like going off subject, but that is clearly linked to woman's expecting more from a guy than us men expecting from a woman. To sum up to what I am speaking of, I must say that although I am as nice to a woman as possible then I ask for a date or something, they will turn me down because I am, "not their type." - Coming from a 16 year old high school guy

• Other way around. Women expect too much from men.

Hence why they're never satisfied with men. No sense of appreciation, no sense of respect, laying out guilt trips, jealousy, being dramatic, complain about EVERYTHING, etc. I'm not saying all women are like this, but quite a substantial number; men ought to try listening to women talk about guy stuff and their problems amongst themselves, and you'll understand why its so difficult to satisfy a woman nowadays.

• Way to generalize.

You take on the responsibilities you choose to.
    People are allowed to expect what they want.
    If a man wants a woman to contribute half to the house hold because they are both working, then that's fair.
    If a man wants to live casually, and the woman wants a cleaner place, it's the womans responsibility, and choice to live with someone who is less concerned.
    If you want to be attractive (physically) to your partner, it's your responsibility to stay in shape, guys and girls.

• To make a counter point

There are only a few females who are lining up for military duty, or dangerous jobs. Few enlist in police, detectives, fewer still are becoming scientists. With equality comes the burden of equal standard, if one side takes 3 steps, the other side must do so as well.

My main point is still civil service and dangerous jobs, few females find the guts to do those jobs.
    Or to make a joke...When there is a strange sound in the house, when something is amiss, who goes to check? When was the last time the wife said "honey stay back I'll go check what that is"?

Just being devil's advocate here.

Posted by: N711