Do modern people enjoy a better lifestyle than people in the past did?

• Of Course it is!!!

We a safer than we've ever been. At least if you live in the developed world, you have 0 chance of being raided by your neighbors. Women have rights and reproductive power due to contraceptives. You can get educated and pick any job you like. You can buy anything you want as long as you can afford it. You can say anything you want even to the most powerful people. Medical care is better. Products are better and there are thing that even kings could not have because they didn't exist yet. You have unlimited access to information. You can eat food, listen to music, and enjoy the products from any culture anywhere in the world. You don't have to hunt or farm you can just have a job. What's not to love.

• Hey you people

Obviously i agree. The people who do not, are stupid... How many of you people have phones . I think like 90% of the people in the world do. Well in that case earlier people didn't have any. The person on my right says there is violence in every modern day item. Well, if your parents are good they would have given the right channels to watch. I think that the modern days are great.

• Yes there are phones

N n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n i don't have an arguementf fnf f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f

• More Freedom Nowadays

The modern society is more lenient than in the olden days. It's more acceptable for single parent & blended families to outnumber traditional families nowadays. We're much more fortunate to have more options open to us. We live in bigger houses, drive cars, have more technology to make our lives easier, cheaper holidays, payment cards etc.

• Life today is way too better and ideal

Time doesn't changes people change same as that as the time is changing we are grooming our selves and we are developing men and women are equal and inventions are becoming our great helping hand no doubt there are some disadvantages of inventions but its basically depended on the person that how he/she uses that machine.

• Romanticizing the past.

It's tempting to click No, but the reality is, when I think if I'd like to not shower everyday, if I'd like waking up at 4 am to plow fields to eat, if I'd like being obliged to wear layers upon layers of clothes in 90 degree heat only because to show my arms would be considered indecent--when I really think about it, I realize that modern life is much more preferable. We are more comfortable, and yes, that leads to moral decline. But, that's assuming that past generations were in fact morally superior to our own. This, I think, is romanticizing the past. Read any novel written in the 19th century and tell me that morality was really so much more intact, or that the same problems we have these days didn't exist back then (moral issues, that is). In fact, I'd go so far as to say modern life is superior to the past in a moral respect, since, as in the past, anything considered taboo or morally offensive/transgressive was swept under the rug and kept quiet, these days, we've begun to talk about WHY people have such desires that are counter to our moral understanding of how things should work. In the past it just wasn't talked about; these days it's still a problem, but it's KNOWN to be a problem. This awareness is part of the reason why people have no "respect for life," I think--because, why should they? That's not to suppose that there is no reason to respect life, but we seek a REAL answer, that is compelling for all, not just people of a certain religious inclination.

• It is cool for people to learn about the past.

What if your child had a essay on the past. What would you do? They ask for help. You say nothing. This one reason for you to know the past. Two you go to a museum and the tourist ask you a question. She or he asked what was the one thing they had to use back then to call people. You do not get it right. You see she gives people candy to whoever gets it right. You really want a peice of candy. T

• I never lived in the past

Neither did the self absorbent pessimistic individuals that try to claim that there lifestyles are infact that bad. Your not a slave, and your not living in a time of mass genocide. Everyone should be thankful that we can live in a time that is not engulfed in war, like our great grandparents lived in a century ago. Get over yourselves and make the most out of your short life. Hopefully one day complete strangers can treat each other as brothers and sisters.

• Modern lifestyle are better

Better housing,transport ,facilities ,network hence better connection with world , worldwide content sharing ,mobility of people across boarders for hustle,faster information access and disbursement,tech , infrastructure are well placed across town,and modern leaders and heroes that make life worth ever minute on live it nevertheless modern challenges .Cyber crime terror etc make it less worthwhile.

• Yes indeed present is better than past.

In the past women were treated as chattels , working like animals all day long and were not allowed to leave their homes specially in muslim societies.But now in present due to modernism much has changed and everybody is granted freedom.Indeed present is much better than past.Especially in case of MODERN FEMINISM which i support a lot.

• Pollution is a big hazard

I am sure that the past life style is better because in olden days there was no pollution but now it is not the condition we have four types of pollution the most important reason for it is industries in older days there was no less factories . Our earth is dying because of pollution and other environmental hazards like ozone layer depletion and global warming

• Pollution is a big hazard

• Modern lifestyle and its effects

Modern technologies have reduced the skills of people. With the introduction of modern technologies people are convenient, comfortable and moreover are very lazy. The modern lifestyle may seem to be an enjoyable one. But the later effects are too vigorous . The shortened lifespan and the existence of social evils are the strong evidences for hazardous effects of the modern lifestyle.

• Technology is ruining our life and we are in the artificial medium.

Generally, humans and other animals are meant to live with the environment and surroundings. Because of the overloading technology, so-called modern life, we tend to occupy ourselves in the man-made virtual medium which has no relationship with the environment. The saddest part is we are bragging ourselves living in a sophisticated life. As we evolved, the humans started rupturing all the natural wealth. Now, we are in the process of making the artificial alternative for the natural products. The technology should have been saturated well before; so that we could have enjoyed both the natural wealth and technology.

Nowadays, the bond and love within our family get weakened. All are packed with our smartphones connected to outside world virtually. It is not in the case of past.

• I am ka

Is Old society better than modern society

I am strongly opposed old society is not better than modern society for many persuasive reasons I have to mention. My very first argument is in the old society had many war and fights constant problems. My next point is modern society lacks racism and other terrible behavior unlike old society. The final reason is they didn't have any Is Old society better than modern society

I am strongly opposed old society is not better than modern society for many persuasive reasons I have to mention. My very first argument is in the old society had many war and fights constant problems. My next point is modern society lacks racism and other terrible behavior unlike old society. The final reason is they didn't have any Technology or any brain

Not to be mean

• We just lost the feel

This days its impossible for someone to think about themselves when they can only think about their video games, pc, smart phone....Etc.

This days people live a virtual world instead of the real world and don't think about their family's neither their social life.

This days if someone is thrown on a island without anything they would go crazy in few hours not mentioning they would give up all hope in minutes, scaring away in seconds.

I know we should be smart, always look into the future but we need to not go beyond our limits, how is the stuff today looking into the future? We create better phone so it wastes more of our time and hence affecting our health.

This days pre-martial sex is all okay, I mean how is this supposed to be ok, sex is fun but we need to know our limits.

You have your boyfriend, you should just be in your limits just kiss and stuff because you may break up even if your love is strong and you have to look for a new guy and this happens alot.... ALOT.

Example: A kid has a father and a mother, the mother breaked up with 4 guys before marrying the kids father finally and the father breaked up with 2 girls before marrying the kids mother.

How is this ok??? Again i don't mind kisses and keeping their love, nothing happens when you break up(aside of the pain of breakup between the couples) but when you have sex, things change. Sex isn't a game.

This is making(no offense) most of your wifes a bitch, even tho she didn't do it for money or something else. Your wife still had sex with someone else.

Sex doesn't express love.
    Love express's love.

Kissing is ok, hugging is like totally ok and all that stuff, but sex should be done only after marriage.

• Life of modern children is competitive than the children of past:-

Yes it is true because in this type of modern world the people are so dependent on the technology and almost a 5 year old child will have his own cell phone or laptop etc.
    So this is not good at all because a child doesn't know the basic things of life and the simple counting but he knows most about how to use a cell phone or a laptop etc.
    Also the parents are not saying anything because they are busy in their own life and they leave the children free...So this should not happen at all...
    Thank-You!

Thank-You!

• Always relying on machines

Nowadays we just rely on machines and products of advanced technology. We don't even care anymore about the factory workers,the mailmen and women. There is something about robots and mqchines and gadgets, they don't understand our feelings. When they make errors,you need someone educated to fix them up. But,our fellow humans,they make mistakes that can be corrected,neither illiterate or literate,uncivilised or civilised.Their info,it only comes from their man-made brain but our info,it comes from our heart.

• A throw away generation with no respect, no morals and no respect for life in general. TV, radio, news and music promote violence.

Every-way you turn there is violence being promoted. People are buying violent games for their children. Kids seem to live for games and TV and demand the best things to purchase and nothing else, only the best and the parents give it to them.
    Look how people dress! No self-respect at all, everything hanging out. Guys with pant waist at their knees. Everyone making fun of them and laughing at them but they think they are cool. NO!!
    We need less violence and we need more respect for ones-self.

leaartist says2015-10-16T09:47:44.040
In my opinion, the ancient way of life and the contemporary have anyhow a great deal in common: If people love and understand art and culture, if they surround themselves with paintings, books, designed objects or music, antique or contemporary, contentment is the result! Best Regards, Lea (from desiremesh.Com)