Do news anchors sometimes broadcast information to the public that can be used against our society? (i.E. Technology faults, Hackers, Security breeches, Terrorist plots, etc.)

Asked by: Evan_Of_Hearts
  • The media is a problem.

The way they cover stories can have a negative impact. Painting the picture the world is all doom and gloom has an impact on some. How they report on the poor or refugees or social security issues impact people. This misinformation can have a real impact on people and society.

• I think they do

I believe they do because they're always talking about hackers,terrorists and stuff like that.They need to watch what they say and do on national television.And if they do need to say something about hackers or terrorists they need to censor out unneeded information that can be used by bad people.

• I think they do

• Going a step ahead

1. When media tell you a hacking strategy, or a mechanism on how to rob a bank account, or terrorist plot, that is only to raise awareness so we can improve our strategy and prepare the counter-attack. Not knowing this kind of information will only result in more damage.

2. Hiding this kind of information is against the very ethical rule of media. Media should never close any information. Media has no right to choose which information they should tell the people and which should not.