Do parents and teachers need to be very strict about the behavior of their children?

• Harsher society, parents need to become stricter

Society is growing more and more competitive and it will be increasingly harder for children to become successful later on in life. A child's success will depend on how strict his or her parents are. A strict parent will allow their child(ren) to get better grades in school, and become more responsible. Children left free to roam tend to get in trouble and become "bad". Also, strict parents must discipline their children and allow them to realize that what they are doing for them is beneficial, not harmful.
    "Strict" parenting does not mean that you are abusing your child, it means that you care about them, love them, and are guiding them in the right direction.

• It gives their children a chance of a real future.

Poor behaviour will cause so many problems for their future's. If they do not learn to behave as children it can lead to their being expelled from school, fired from work, unemployed, put in jail or even killed. Only a very loving parent would be strict with their child. One who cares about their future.

• Never Ever EVER!!

Parents should not be strict with these following reasons, it will scare guests, make the child swear, and makes the child want to be gone from you, what I mean is to never return to the parents ever again, which makes them feel like the parents don't love them.
    Following along that it will scare guests: People are over for a family tradition. At one moment...You do the wrong thing. People may have parents less strict than yours depending on how strict they are. Your parents yell at you in front of family including cousins/friends who may not have parents as strict will be frightened and granted for not having them as a parent. So, it can scare guests.
    Following along that your child will say swears: You get in trouble, your parents yell, you get really really mad at them and wanna say F***, or you are a b****, etc. So parents have to be wicked careful with that. So, for that chance, they should never be strict.
    Following along your child never wants to see you again: You get yelled at and been punished to go to your bedroom. Say that all the things you're doing wrong are accidents and your parents are just thinking you do it on purpose and yells very strict at you and this happens every second every day. You wanna grab all your things, move somewhere else and evacuate because of how your parents treat you. Then the next day or two, they notice you are gone. They will cry and wonder why you left, it's always by how you treat your children that is why you should never be strict.
    Thanks for reading everyone, and I hope this helps you learn to not do this right now or when you grow up. Hope you learned and enjoyed!

• My parents should never be strict

My parents are always strict with my little brother. My mom is never strict with anything but she yells at me for doing things I am not supposed to be doing. My dad is very strict with everything. He always tell my brother to read for 1 hour, practice his piano for 1 hour, and draw for 1 hour when he does a single thing he is not supposed to be doing. When they both see me doing these things, my parents tell my brother, 'Look he's doing something so quiet!'. Everytime my father has to remind my brother to do these things, he always complain to me and it upsets my brother. So that's why my parents should never be strict.

• Parents should not be strict!

People may think strict parenting is good for children and they will be better behaved however that is not always true because it actually produces kids with lower self esteem who behaves worse than others,therefore get punished more! Its creates bad behaver problems in kids.
    Besides being harsh may temporally control behaver however they don't help children learn self-regulate,instead harsh limits trigger resistance for taking responsibility for themselves.NO ONE LIKES BEING CONTROLLED! Unless there is some think wrong with you.
    Would you like to be a puppet always being controlled by your puppet master?
    You may not think you are a bully and you may not be you may just be concerned about your child's future even though you should let your children take there own paths in life, they need support and make their OWN mistakes in life and learn from them not always other peoples remember no ones perfect. You need to be asking yourself do your child want this or do you want it for them because you never got the change, your forcing your dreams onto your children.
    I'm 14 years old a teen and my parents aren't really strict but they will be if necessary which is not often.However they understand I'm my own person and need to stand on my own two feet and take responsibility for my actions and i do. My mother understands because she hates being told what to do; so if she respects me i will respect her. I follow rules and i walk my own path.
    Finally you need to understand being too strict could damage your relationship with your beloved ones. Parting becomes much harder because the kids lose interest to please you, and its more difficult to manage, meaning you end up fighting lots and your child may look for love in all the wrong places! And no parent wants anything bad for their beloveds.

• Parents should not be strict!

• Teachers shouldnt be strict...

God creates people to enjoy all the things that he had created.....Children are blessed with parents to be guided and guarded .....Not to be dominated.On the other hands teachers are to show them the things that are available on earth to live a happy life...Life is not eternal...Nothing on earth is permanent...Hence nobody has the rights to express to much of love or anger on anybody else in this world...It may be a mother or a father or a teacher....Nobody is a belonging of another...Everybody ia temporary...

• Teachers shouldnt be strict...

• Parents/teacher shouldn't be so strict on kids because it well drive them crazy they need to be allowed to do things

Kids should be allowed out parents should be able to trust there kids. But im not saying to let them do what ever they want jut let them out but have a time they should be back home, and they should know the hours they are allowed out and to come back homee

• No, they don't.

I think many kids are good on their own without strict authority in their lives. There might be a few kids who act out and respond better to this type of discipline, but I think that the vast majority of children would be better with a calm and laid back approach.

• I'm looking at this argument from 1 side; I could make a case for the pro side. I assume the word "strict" here means severe.

I believe children should be raised with proper manners and enough etiquette to know to say their "pleases" and "thank you"s, smile, act polite, and be amiable and respectful to everyone. In addition, I have the belief that parents should teach their children to have good expectations of themselves and to know that they need to earn good grades. Parents and teachers alike should also encourage self esteem and confidence in a child.

However, parents and teachers do not need to be very severe or critical about a child's behavior. If a child has been raised to be decently respectful, polite, responsible, and obedient, their behavior will naturally stick to them. There is no reason to restrict them from letting loose a bit and having fun. If a child lied, teach him/her a lesson on why lying is bad, but say it in a serious yet gentle tone. Don't teach the child a lesson through physical action or sharp verbal critiscm/yelling and screaming at them. This will cause them to lie more because they are afraid of being yelled at again.

Once a child is reared properly with enough sense and manners to know making loud comments in public is rude, not sharing toys with their friends is ungenerous, talking back to the teacher and their parents is disrespectful, and knowing they are not supposed to do whatever they want or feel like, there is no reason for them to be strictly restrained.