• The natural world says they do

I see the same arguments all the time, and there all there again on my right. The purpose of sex is for having babies or if you will to keep the species alive. Nature figured out that if it feels good we will want to continue our species. Imagine if sex didn't feel good, would we have sex? Homosexual couples know this instinctively, that's why in 90% of the homosexual couples I have seen always have a male and female role. You all have seen it. Having love for the same sex is normal, having sex with the same sex is a lack of self control or in this present world narcissistic. Men have tried to use those same excuses on there wives for years when they cheat. Hasn't worked yet. Just for fun take all the pro arguments and change the word Homosexual for cheating on my wife or husband or boyfriend or girlfriend and present that to them. See if they agree, you don't choose to cheat. Sex is a choice, you have control. I wonder do the same arguments hold true for pedophiles, necrophiliacs, beastelity,objectophilia etc. etc. ???

• I chose to be heterosexual:

It was too hard being anything else and there was no benefit to it. Honestly I could live without the labels but if I must wear one I do choose to wear the one that is the most popular, least controversial, and easiest to maneuver in society with. They're archaic.

• Nature vs Nurture

Everyone one of us grows mentally and physically from something smaller than a grain of rice. In a world full of other people, we want to be different! We want to stand out, and be our own unique person who will be remembered as "that person". Unfortunately, people can fall astray along this path. For all of those who say that they have no choice are just making excuses. We all have the choice to do what we think is right. Did you ever seek help before you decided to give in? There is always a choice, no matter the situation. If a robber has a gun to your head, you can choose to tell him off, or you can give him the money. (I recommend option 2.) All of you who have chosen to love the same sex have given up rather than fight. However, it is not completely your fault since the current generations have not been taught the difference between right and wrong. You have no resolve to fight yourself because you do not know what is unnatural. I have not struggled with my own sexuality, but I have struggled with my own inner demons. Either way, it is still fighting yourself, and it is still a lifelong battle everyone will face. Will you give in?

• I am going to have to go with yes on this one.

People can choose who they want to be. This is arguing nature vs. Nurture and people who have been in horrible circumstances have come out as better than those around them. My point is that where there is a will there is a way. If you want to be straight, then you will. If you want to be Homosexual, then you will.

• We have more control over our decisions than we believe

People can choose to be homosexual, they can choose to be straight, bi or anything really.What is homosexuality and heterosexuality but a sexual orientation? Maybe people cannot choose who they are inherently attracted to but they can choose not to act on their impulses.

For example, a man may be attracted to a woman but he can choose to not act on that attraction and indeed he should not if she is not attracted to him.Similarly, someone who is gay can be inherently gay but not act on his impulses for a variety of reasons, maybe religion, fear of society disapproval and so on.I am not saying he should but he can if he wants and indeed some do.

I met a speaker once who told me about her friend who was gay but chose to be celibate for his religion.It is a legitimate choice.On one hand it seems unfair because he has no chance to be with someone he is attracted to but at the same time his relationship with his God matters more to him.Straight people like nuns, monks and priests often make the same choices as well as Christians who choose to only marry other Christians because of the desire to not be unequally yoked even if they are attracted to a non-Christian.

51% of marriages are arranged as well.These people were not attracted to each other at the start, they didn't even know each other.But as time passes, many of them grow to love the people they are with because they spend so much time together.So how important is attraction to a relationship really?In society today we often mistake love as a feeling when really it is a choice.You can love anyone if you put your mind to it.

Let's be real here, how many people get married just because of attraction? Most people have a predetermined set of criteria for a partner such as age, financial stability, values, even political affiliation.As a person grows older, some people will start compromising on their criteria if they cant find a person who matches it all.Sexual attraction is just another criteria and it is possible to compromise on it if a person so desires.

I'm not saying that gay people should not be gay or that straight people should not be straight.People have a choice to do whatever they want.My only point is that society overemphasises sexual attraction when it really doesn't matter as much as people think in choosing a life partner.

• No they don't

If people did choose to be homosexual than why would people from very religious backgrounds become homosexual and be shunned by their family's and pray to god to make them "normal". Why would people kill them selves because they're gay? It's not a choice and people need to realize that. Who someone else has sex with is no one else's business.

• Sexuality is a construct.

Monogamy, polygamy, heterosexual, bisexual, asexual, homosexual, pan-sexual, all words made by man to try and define what is natural. Yet all of these words are un-natural because they're trying to make a subjective experience objective. Sexual/emotional attraction is a subjective experience of what makes someone feel good. If something causes the release of oxytocin, dopamine, serotonin ect. Then that is a natural feeling of attraction by definition.
    This is not to say that if it makes you feel good (natural) you should be allowed to do it (underage, animals ect.) things society can agree are morally wrong.
    So no people don't choose to be anything, we have just created words to make it seem like there is.

• No more than being heterosexual

If people choose to be gay, do you choose to be heterosexual? This does not hold water. Who would "choose" to be homosexual and willingly subject themselves to prejudice and discrimination? Only by acknowledging that homosexuality is a sexual orientation and not a lifestyle choice will it be accepted completely.

• When was the day you chose to be straight?

Sexual orientation isn't something you choose. You can choose whether or not to acknowledge your sexual orientation, but ultimately it's something you're born with. It can change and take various forms throughout your life.

When people call being gay a choice, i like to bring up this counter-argument: when did you choose to be straight? You didn't. It never happened. You just always knew you were, or maybe found out you were after a little romantic/sexual experimenting. And so were all LGBTQIA+ people.

• Their is no chance that homosexuality is a choice.

The real question that is being stated would actually be 'is love a choice?' You can't choose who you fall in love with, its an unexplainable occurrence when you fall in love with someone you didn't think you could. Forcing yourself to take part in a relationship that you is not choosing to be heterosexual. You are still homosexual you're just not accepting who you are. Love is love. Love is unexplainable. Love is spontaneous. Love is not a choice.

• No, people choose to be happy.

If you really think about it, people technically do choose to be homosexual. But, they also choose to be happy. Gay people can live a straight life, but would that make them happy? Not really. The same goes with straight people, they can be in a gay relationship and not be happy. People choose their partners because they both connect. If a straight person has a relationship that does not connect, then they just move on and find someone else. But, for homosexuals, being in a straight relationship is just like that, being with someone that you just don't connect to. You don't want to be with someone that does not make you feel the butterflies, or someone that you just are not attracted to. So why should homosexuals have to be in relationships with people they don't feel connected to just because other people think it's not the correct way of living and straight people can just go find someone else and no one says anything? We are all people and we all have feelings. We all have one goal in life and it is to be happy.

• No. You can't control your brain, since it controls you.

Sure, people may choose to lead a gay lifestyle, but they can't help the feelings in their head.

Many gay people have attempted to live the "str8 life," and forced themselves to be with the opposite sex, and it felt wrong to them. Some have described it as "repulsive", "boring", and "like doing it with my sister."

Consider this: You can choose to live a gay life, or force yourself to be with the same sex, but that doesn't make you gay on the inside.