Do people retweet a topic because they care but they don't care enough to write their own opinion?

Asked by: epv
  • Yes, OH Yes!

I hate when people just re-tweet something because they saw it and thought it would be interesting for other people to look at. This goes especially for anything political, even news articles. If I have something to say, I want to say it. Unfortunately, Twitter has this lame rule in which you can only use 140 characters per post. So, maybe that is partially to blame, but I'd like to see a little more freedom there.

Posted by: S.K
  • Our basic behaviours are the same online or offline. When we gossip is not necessarily because we care, but because we want to share.

When someone writes a Tweet on Twitter it is because they care enough about the subject to spend some time typing their own thoughts. However, is it the same about Retweets? When someone retweets is it because they think exactly the same as the person who first posted it, or the just share it because they think the content will resonate with their followers. Like when you tell a joke that someone else have told you before, maybe is not your favourite joke, but you think your friends may enjoy it? I think so

Posted by: epv