Do people who live with Tay-Sachs disease deserve the same benefits as cancer and HIV patients?

• Life Threatening Disease

I personally think that people who live with Tay Sachs disease deserve the same benefits as cancer and HIV patients because those diseases are life threatening those diseases are just different names as well as causes conditions in a different way. I personally think that people who live with Tay Sachs disease deserve the same benefits as cancer and HIV patients because they have something to do with the body.

• Yes, I think Tay-Sachs victims deserve the same benefits as cancer and HIV patients.

People who suffer from Tay-Sachs disease should get the same benefits as cancer and HIV victims. It's an affliction that isn't brought on by careless behavior or actions. That is why I believe they definitely should be helped just as much as other disease that affect other people as well.

• Rare In Adulthood

Tay-Sachs disease is something children are usually affected by and it tends to kill them quickly and at an early age. Adult on-set Tay-Sachs which is rare can vary on its affects on a patient, but its not as fatal. I believe people deserve proper medical care and that should be the case regardless of what the medical problem is. I'm not really aware of any special benefits for those with cancer and HIV.

• No, Tay-Sachs patients should not have the same benefits

Tay-Sachs disease is a relatively rare genetic disorder, while cancer and HIV cases are much more prevalent in the general population. In a perfect world, everyone with any type of debilitating disease would get as many benefits as they needed, but unfortunately, there are a limited number of resources at our disposal. There should be benefits for Tay-Sachs patients, but more resources and research should be directed to areas where there are more people who can be helped. A breakthrough in Tay-Sachs research, while very important, would only benefit a fraction of the people that a breakthrough in cancer or HIV research would benefit.

• No they dont

No, these two diseases are a lot more serious than Tay Sachs disease I think, and are a whole lot more common, so I do not think that they need to be given the same benefits as the other to more harmful and more prominent diseases that people can get.