Do philanthropic organizations sometimes put playing politics ahead of serving their clients?

• Yes, I think philanthropic organizations sometimes put politics ahead of serving their clients.

I think when an organization becomes large and powerful their leadership more often then not becomes involved in trying to expand their power even more and that is usually done by playing politics, I think overall the more powerful an organization gets the more it neglects it's clients in favor of it's own self interest.

• Yes, I think some do

I think some can easily use their own political platforms for themselves rather then the needs of their clients. That is just human nature everyone wants to get ahead. The people that run these organizations usually fall into some kind of law field and that means they are using it as a gain rather than a social service.

• It just happens.

Yes, philanthropic organizations sometimes put playing politics ahead of serving their clients, because sometimes people who run the organizations have pet projects, and they want to use the money to do things that are political. The Susan G. Komen foundation is a good example of this, giving money to Planned Parenthood.

• Yes, charity programs do play politics sometimes.

I definitely think that some philanthropic organizations sometimes put playing politics ahead of serving their clients. I think that politics will always be a factor to some charity programs. And to make sure that their beliefs are placed first, a lot of them place more importance on that instead of making sure how to benefit their clients first.

• Not that I have noticed.

From what I have seen and in my own work, philanthropic organizations do not put playing politics ahead of serving their clients. These are some of the most hard working, caring, and humble people in the world. There aren't many bad apples among these people, and we need more of it.