Do Rex Tillerson's international work disqualify him from serving as Secretary of State?

• Yes, I think so.

Rex Tillerson’s witless, contradictory, and obfuscatory testimony before the Senate Foreign Relations Committee confirmed fears that the ExxonMobil CEO is too conflicted, too ill-prepared, and too disengaged from accepted understandings with regard to diplomacy, sustainable development, and human rights to be seriously considered for the position of Secretary of State.

• No, I think that Tillerson has a great deal of international experience.

Not sure how I feel about Tillerson yet, but I am willing to give him a shot. He does have practical experiencing dealing with foreign powermakers. People are saying he must be tough on Russia, but I am not sure if that will make any difference with Trump ramrodding everyone.

• No I don't think his work should disqualify him

Although I don't like the fact Rex Tillerson is anywhere near the White House I don't think the fact he has done international work should disqualify him from serving as Secretary Of State. If you took that as a blanket rule it could potentially rule alot of people out in the future, especially as globalisation continues.

• No, Rex Tillerson's international work does not disqualify him from serving as Secretary of State.

No, Rex Tillerson's international work does not disqualify him from serving as Secretary of State. It could, in fact, be helpful. His international work makes him familiar with foreign countries and governments and may allow him a foot in the door. The troubling part is that he has such close personal contact with Russia at a time when many questions of hacking, sabotage, etc. are arising in connection with that country. How much involvement did or will Tillerson have on that front?