• There should be discipline and it is needed badly!!

I think that a person should be self-organized in such a way that they should be able to present in a clean and in an organized manner. People in schools should show their so called school authorities and i think that in future there will be arguments on this pathetic topic and i know that there will be more votes for uniforms in school than our opponents!!!!!!

• Yes, very much

This is so due to the level of preparation given to student for jobs with a certain type of clothing restriction(s) i.e. uniforms. This further prepares students for a sense of workplace discipline and conduct (in terms of hairstyle and dress-code etc.) that is less lenient towards "mistakes" that may be committed. This as a result brings comfort to students going into a real world environment instead of an oppressed feeling when subjected to certain worker guidelines (uniforms).
    *P.S. I'm a student lol*

Posted by: DIHJ
  • Yaasss to uniforms!!!

Uniforms helps us to be more organized; for example, we would know to keep them clean and neat and ready for the next day, giving us a practical life experience. Uniforms are very helpful and yes they can encourage discipline! 2 more reasons why uniforms are great is that it prevents bullying and is LESS TIME CONSUMING!

• Yaasss to uniforms!!!

• Yes sir I do

I go to a private school, and one can see the change in character and behavior when students are allowed to wear normal clothes on certain days. Actions become more.....Rambunctious when wearing basketball shorts and Nikes, rather than khakis with Sperrys. I've seen it head on and have discussed it with my teachers, in fact, I'm writing a paper on the subject right now, and I firmly believe uniforms promote a more professional sense in a child

• School uniforms encourage discipline.

Students are more disciplined if they are forced to wear uniforms. Making students wear uniforms sets a good example of conformity and discipline. Students know their role. Everything is kept neat and clean, with no room for deviations. It encourages students to work hard and do their duties for the school.

• Sure they do

It can help young students when they get into collage for an interview and a big importent job interview in there future. It also helps them learn how to dress approtesly in front of importent business peolpe in the real world. That is how school uniforms show disclpine torwads students.

• Yes they do

I think that they encourage discipline and "show the schools authority" (Rosa prince). They get kids ready for job or college interviews because it gets them used to dressing up. Even if the kids don't like the uniforms them dealing with it will help with their over all discipline and prepare them for the real world

• School Uniforms encourage discipline!

Many students, specifically females trying to figure out what to wear to a school day and will take a long time deciding. With the uniforms, she won't have to decide, she just has to pick a clean one and go. Students also fell more mature and like the felling so they cherish it and work hard to keep it like that. There are many more reasons uniforms encourage discipline, but no time.

• What should I wear today?

Over the past few years, many school boards have debated the issue of students wearing school uniforms. Several schools have introduced this rule into school policy, while several others are still discussing the subject. Although wearing uniforms is a minor change for students, it is an effective and much needed one.
    Wearing school uniforms can be helpful in many ways. First, having matching outfits can make all students feel equal. Poor students would no longer feel excluded because they were not wearing name brand clothing like the richer kids. In addition, social status would be less of an issue because everyone would be wearing the same clothing. One of the biggest arguments against school uniforms is that students would lose their sense of individuality. I believe that uniforms will improve students’ individuality because they will have to express themselves through their personality and attitude, rather than through an expensive pair of shoes or a brand name pair of jeans. Uniforms will improve self-esteem in the students because they will not feel pressured to dress a certain way.
    Secondly, uniforms will allow more time for studying. Students who have to wear a uniform will spend less time shopping and more time studying than those who do not have to wear uniforms. Also, students will be more focused on their schoolwork than worrying about what they will wear the next day. Students will arrive at school earlier because they will not be trying on several different outfits each morning. Having an outfit already chosen for students is one less thing for them to worry about in their already stressful lives.
    Most importantly, school uniforms will save money. Parents will no longer have to spend a fortune on school clothes because they will only need to buy a few uniforms. Of course, parents will still have to buy their kids clothes for weekends, but the quantity of clothes that they buy will be lowered.
    While most students will disagree, every school should introduce uniforms into its policy. Students should go to school to learn and not have to worry about being judged by the clothes they are wearing. Uniforms will not only improve the atmosphere of the school, but will also raise the self-esteem of most students and save money for most parents.

• No, teachers and parents do

The school my kids go to in Britain has no uniform, but will do from Sep onwards for all the ridiculous reasons mentioned. The school has an outstanding Ofsted report , is considered one of the best primary schools. It is a combination of factors that is behind this success, and a uniform has not contributed to it.
    In my home country The Netherlands there is no such thing as a school uniform. Do all YES saying parents think that all Dutch schools are unorganised, Dutch teachers are struggling to keep discipline and the atmosphere in Dutch schools is bad. That Dutch children spend hours shopping, only value eachother if they wear cool clothes, and spend their days checking eachother out instead of studying. That they bully or exclude eachother more then uniformed British kids do. That Dutch kids don't feel a sense of belonging, that they are not proud of their school. That Dutch kids have no or a very low self esteem. That Dutch parents get up earlier then Britisch parents to dress their children, and have major battles every morning. That Dutch schools under-perform because the whole class is filled with multi coloured individuals? That Dutch parents spend on average more then British parents on their child's wardrobe. What nonsense, stop repeating what the government and the system is feeding you.
    I think you will find that some of the best performing educational systems in the world are uniform free. That quite a few countries without a school uniform rank high in child happiness. Britain is performing poorly for a modern western society when it comes to childhood happiness , general well being and educational levels.
    When it comes to taking away stress to impress your peer group with what you wear, this will only function when all children are obliged to wear exactly the same clothes in exactly the same fit, colour and quality and have exactly the same haircut. Otherwise there is no point.
    People are different, no uniform will ever change that. Bullies will bully no matter what. And they are not the naturally popular children who are popular because they are kind and generous, or the gentle calm ones. The bullies are often the very competitive children who want to be better, stronger, faster or more popular then everyone else or some slightly insecure children who can not stand the idea of being left behind and will work their way up over the backs of others. No uniform will prevent this, those kids will be there no matter what.
    The saving money part is a very one sided argument, as with you saving your money, people on the other side of the world slave away in factories to make those cheap clothes. Their environment gets destroyed because of all the treatments the clothes undergo, so you do not have to iron the shirts and skirts, can get stains out easily, and those pleats do not stay in without a chemical treatment.

• Nahh, screw uniforms

While I believe school uniforms may help slightly i do not believe they fully encourage discipline as mush broader background is needed in order to encourage discipline. Discipline cannot be simply put on the issue of school uniforms as it is up to not only the teachers but the parents of the students who truly encourage discipline. 80 PERCENT OF KIDS HATE SCHOOLS UNIFORMS

• No no no

No Coming from a school that switched to uniforms my junior year, I do not believe so at all. In fact, there were MORE kids who got in trouble for not wearing the uniform correctly (wrong shade, no belt, more than one button undone, ect) than there ever was before. It's oppressing.

• Student may act more rebellious

I am a high school fresh man at a school with uniforms. I can tell you first-hand that my school is always having fights and kids skipping class. Why? Because when kids feel tied down, they want to rebel, hence the phrase, " rules are meant to be broken". Kids just don't like rules, and feel like they have to break them to fit in.

• No discipline on the continent?

As a Dutchman it has always surprised me to hear people try and link uniform and discipline. I have worked in a few English schools where uniform very clearly didn't seem to have a noticeably positive effect on discipline. I also know that the vast majority of Dutch schools do not have discipline issues to the same extent as many English schools. The Dutch don't like uniforms and any attempt to introduce this ban on individualism into our school system would simply not be taken seriously.

• Used for uniformity

Uniforms are not there for discipline, but rather uniformity. At Quite a few jobs these days, people, such as nurses, wear uniforms and it keeps them looking neat and, in uniform! Im agine nurses without their uniforms on, now that would look a bit funny, wouldnt it? In conclusion, i really dont think uniforms are there for discipline and rather are there to "show off" the school.

• I hate uniforms

Once at secondary school the uniforms got even worse. Previously, we'd been allowed to wear any coat we wished, but now we had to wear plain black coats. As before, we also had to wear ties and this school was stricter on how they should be. In registration we often had tie inspections (not that this stopped most people altering them once we left the classroom, but certain teachers would often force students to redo them while others didn't mind so long as you did the work).

• They do not change behavior.

Discipline is not about the outfit, it is about the behavior of the kids. Uniforms do not have any effect on that; it just makes kids angry and out because of having to wear them. It does not make kids happy to wear uniforms and it doesn't improve any sort of discipline.

• No I do not think that school uniforms encourage discipline.

This may just create an outburst in the students causing anything BUT discipline. School uniforms are a really insignificant. If you have uniforms it could just create a rebellion! It is outrageous to think students cannot have their own decision of what clothing to wear. Their outfits express who they are, and if school cant respect that, I don't know who will. I thought school was a place of learning and understanding! Not a place to be secluded to someone else's opinions on what they should wear! This is my opinion, and I'm going to stand by it. Thank you.

• No I don't think school uniforms encourage discipline

But rather they ask for rebellion instead. Forcing kids into uniforms they really don't want to wear, just creates animosity between them, the school and the teachers. It creates an environment where if they can find any way to revolt or cause trouble they will do so. So no I don't think school uniforms encourage discipline, quite the opposite, they encourage problems and misbehavior.