Do school uniforms help students resist peer pressure?

• So this is

On 3/10/2016, at 4:10 PM, Ryan_rocz wrote:
    > I like it staight up the wazoo

> I like it staight up the wazoo

> I like it staight up the wazoo

> I like it staight up the wazoo

> I like it staight up the wazoo

> I like it staight up the wazoo

> I like it staight up the wazoo

> I like it staight up the wazoo

> I like it staight up the wazoo

> I like it staight up the wazoo

> I like it staight up the wazoo

> I like it staight up the wazoo

> I like it staight up the wazoo

• So this is

> I like it staight up the wazoo

> I like it staight up the wazoo

> I like it staight up the wazoo

> I like it staight up the wazoo

> I like it staight up the wazoo

> I like it staight up the wazoo

> I like it staight up the wazoo

> I like it staight up the wazoo

> I like it staight up the wazoo

> I like it staight up the wazoo

> I like it staight up the wazoo

> I like it staight up the wazoo

> I like it staight up the wazoo

• On 3/10/2016, at 4:10 PM, Ryan_rocz wrote: > I like it staight up the wazoo

> I like it staight up the wazoo

> I like it staight up the wazoo

> I like it staight up the wazoo

> I like it staight up the wazoo

> I like it staight up the wazoo

> I like it staight up the wazoo

> I like it staight up the wazoo

> I like it staight up the wazoo

> I like it staight up the wazoo

> I like it staight up the wazoo

• Of course, they do!!!!!

F f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f

• They DEFINITELY do!!!

In a survey by the NAESP and Land's End, 86% of students surveyed said that they thought school uniforms reduced peer pressure, and 64% said that they reduce bullying. Plus, my school has school uniforms, and with school uniforms, my friends and I don't even have to worry that our clothes aren't as trendy as other teens, as our clothes are all the same.

• True this indeed works

Having a uniform would actually decrease the size of bullying and peer pressure. As a person who has been bullies for what i wear i know that if we all wore uniforms no one would say anything to anyone because if they did their making fun of their own outfit too.

• True this indeed works

• It helps a lot

Y y y y y y y y y y y e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s

• It helps so much

Y y y y y y y y y y y y y y y y y y y y y y y e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e s s s s s s s s s s s s s s

• You will commit suicide.

If you are bulled because of what you are wearing to school because there is no uniform then you may get depressed and the bullying wont stop because they think its funny when you get bullied and what goes through your mind when you get bellied you think the only way to end it is to commit suicide and its usually by drugs.

• True this indeed works

• Abso fruitly not

Are you stupid? Kids still have school vacations and weekends
    are you stupid? Kids still have school vacations and weekends

• They cause problems instead of fixing them

I have students opinions on them and a lot of them say that they are causing problems instead of fixing them like the way students react to the uniforms. The cost of them for the parents to pay most students are refusing to do their work and teachers are losing money

• Uniforms will cover up bigger problems

While uniforms may hide things that would make people believe they are all part of a gang, there are other things that are being covered up. Uniforms may deter someone from joining a group but in the end, kids will be friends with whoever they want. One thing people need to think about is when a child has something bad going on in their lives such as physical and mental abuse, or sexual abuse, they often express this by their clothing. It is a big factor that makes teachers take a second look and worry about their student. With these uniforms they could hide life threatening factors of the students.

• monkeys

I do not think President Obama was trying to win votes by stating there should be no delay in responding to the victims of Hurricane Sandy. President Obama is a humanitarian. For example, he generally cares about human welfare and suffering. As President of the U.S.A., it is his job to provide help and service to the people in times of disasters. The country and his people in times of need look towards their leader for help. Some people might have opposing views because they feel that helping the needy financially will raise their taxes. In addition, the states where the disasters occurred in should be the sole responsibility of that state and the insurance companies. The country deficit will also increase. The Hurricane Sandy disaster did not affect my family, but my family could have easily been among the ones affected. Everyone needs a hand now and then.

• School uniforms will not help students resist peer pressure

School uniforms can be a positive move forward in the educational system, but they will not help students resist peer pressure. School uniforms and peer pressure aren't connected, in my opinion. Peer pressure has existed for many, many years, and there is no real way to ever resolve the issue.

• Wearing uniforms has nothing to do with peer pressure.

No, I believe that regardless of what a child wears to school there will be peer pressure. Kids will pressure each other for a variety of reasons, not just their clothes. It is up to parents to foster good self esteem within their children. A confident child will be able to stand up against pressure from their peers.