Do school uniforms make school a more effective place to learn?

Asked by: EInSTien
  • Why uniforms are better.

1. School uniforms keep students focused on their education, not their clothes
    - If students wear ordinary clothes, they set more importance on fashion

2. Wearing uniforms enhances school pride, unity, and community spirit
    - Easy to recognize what schools students are from
    - Everyone wears the same clothes so they feel like they are one

3. School uniforms are neat and tidy.

That's all I have to say.

• Concentrating on your studies

In the mornings or even the evening/night before preparing for and getting ready for school deciding your wardrobe and what you will wear takes up alot of time, valuable time which should be used for doing your school and concentrating on your studies. Instead of thinking and worrying what may be thought of you because of your clothing.

• Learn in wise

I think it just not about for dress it just about for the things we learn when all the student learn without any hassitation so the environment is good to learn and explore and the criteria of exploring the facts is being good i support that because it must to everyone

• School uniforms are good

In my opinion to all those people who say school uniforms are uncomfortable you just have to adjust with it. Uniforms make everyone look same.There might be teasing or people will be made fun of for wearing inattractive clothes and personality can be reflected not through our outer appearance but through our talents and values

• Show the standards of schools

Uniforms are better because the people do not worry about their shoes all day and they also will not get dress coded. Uniforms shows the school orgnization and makes the students in their school makes them look better and ready to do their work. And it also makes the community and places around them look good

• Education not clothes

Students spend more time on education rather then their clothes. If students are wearing something that is fringed at the bottom they might be playing with it during class. Or if they have on jeans they might make a rip in it to “be trendy” same with legging. I know when I was wearing my nice shirt to school one day I was foscusing on how to make it look better during a test that I did know we were taking and I flunked it. So if there is a uniform I believe that want happen.

• Schools are safer

There was a shooting at a no uniform school before-- Corning Union Elementary, and freedom of expression and speech are usually "abused" with freedom to wear anything students want. There was a supreme court case when a Vermont student wore an anti-Bush t-shirt with drugs around it. The school didn't ban him from the anti-Bush part, but the drugs. The supreme court ruled that Bush did drugs so he got free.

• They Prevent financial discrimination.

According to my point of view , school uniform helps the student focus more on studies rather than focusing on his outer appearance. It makes the students coming from different classes, castes, religion equal. It acts a symbol of equality. These are the reasons by which school uniforms do help the students in learning. That's all
    Thank You. Hope you like my content.

Thank You. Hope you like my content.

• Shows standard of the school

If everyone of a school wears different clothes ,it shows that the school is not in a good position that is it says that school uniform conform the standard of school.It is school uniform that shows and attract people to the school.If they allowed to wear different clothes there will be discrimination among students.

• Why wear it if it doesn't help?

As a current student it is safe to say that uniforms are not comfortable, at my school we are required to wear ties. Does anyone see that students and teenagers in general are more stressed and depressed for ever? Just imagine a depressed teenager, over with the modern struggles, they're in the school bathroom, and all they have to do to end it all is be in the correct uniform. Would you out your child's life at risk to assist the school in looking respectable and noble?

• The Title of my Argument!

Students may feel more comfortable in their own clothes. At some schools students are required to wear skirts/shorts in summer and pants in winter. This may cause students to overheat in the winter and freeze in the summer. Lots of schools are picky on what type of jeans, pants, shorts and skirts students wear.

• For hygiene reasons

Teenager are recommended to change clothes at least every two days. It is inconvenient to wash clothes at times other then the weekend, and five days in the same clothes is going to put you off learning. How are you meant to concentrate if your sitting beside someone who smells badly. Even if you did have spares of the uniform it costs a crazy amount of money

• Horrible to wear

It makes the school spend way to much money than necessary to make kids wear clothes that will have no effect on their learning or there state of opinion on clothing. It will not make kids more modest about there clothes because out of school most kids will wear regular clothes

• School uniforms aren't good

If anyone thinks that it takes up lots of time and effort to choose what to wear each day if they don't have uniforms, how much time do they spend each weekend or during the holidays picking out what to wear? Also, school uniforms cost a lot of money and they're uncomfortable.

• School Uniforms Don't Affect School performance.

Clothes are clothes. There is no reason that the idea of everyone having the same clothes on would make the school a better place to learn. Why should it? It completely demolishes the idea of freedom of what to look like and what to wear. So no, it wouldn't affect anything.

• As someone with experience in this i know wearing a uniform does not improve concentration or learning

Three reasones 1) school uniforms are not comfortable and I'm always in a state of readjusting instead of wearing comfortable cloths 2) uniforms do nothing for your learning environment the common misconception is that since you don't have the freedom to wear you own cloths no one can make fun of you for wearing "drag" cloths but from my experience people can still make fun of you sometimes kids make fun of their shoes or hair and stupid stuff like that. 3) uniforms don't give kids the ability to express themselves which made me mad and sometimes refused to learn.

• Irrelevant to learning

When children get up in the morning, and get dressed, what they choose to wear reflects their personality, and can be something fun to do. At school, kids can find uniforms annoying and uncomfortable, and therefore that can effect their learning in a negative way. Most children do not like wearing uniforms.