Do schools brainwash kids by using curriculum?

Asked by: Rightwing15
  • It is all centered on Atheism, so the school system is corrupt.

At school, they say that all religions should be treated with respect. That is like saying that all theism is correct, but because all theisms contradict each other at some degree, it is like NO theisms are correct, therefore pointing toward atheism. If you ever have any questions regarding Christianity, please contact me.

• In Texas, definitely.

The Texas Education Agency writes our curriculum, and it turns out very strange indeed. Quite often it seems that they don't want us to learn anything at all. Even though we're in the South, they are anti-religion to the point that in social studies, ALL of the religions are made fun of. When I was in elementary school, I would get in trouble for just talking about religion, even though an atheist friend was asking me about it.
    A major part of my education has been to always comply and to never fight the system. In the many times that I have tried to argue an unfair policy with the administration, my pleas are ignored at best. At worst, I am told to not get into things that don't concern me and get in trouble for trying to improve my school.
    When staff members don't conform in my school district, they tend to get fired. Did I say fired? I meant "suggested to resign." My favorite teacher last year was a tad too liberal for some of the conservative parents, so they told the administration that he was corrupting us. A few weeks later, he stopped coming to school and we never saw him again, no matter how hard we petitioned to get him back.

• Yes but is it a bad thing?

I would say yes you go to school from a young age the school tells you what to do how to think about your country and try's to teach you what they feel is right or wrong but this really is not a bad thing I believe some form of brainwashing is required to keep a country of are size alive but I'm just a 16 year old teen so what do I know

• Absolutely ! No question a about it!

The illuminati is in complete control of the public school system. They control what students are taught. They manipulate the books . Students are no more than dead brained zomies , and are taught to NOT think for themselves . Therefore, the students are programmed to be stupid. Very sad ..

• Absolutely ! No question a about it!

• Education is "re-education"

Obey authority without question. Conform to social standards. Complete your tasks, think nothing of it. You will enter into the middle class. You will marry, have children, buy a house, and sprnd years paying off debt. Eventually, you will retire. Your voice was not heard, nor shall it ever be heard. Your position in society was nothing more than a mere placeholder for a simple job which needed to be done. In no way did you stimulate humanity through innovation or creativity. You were a mere puppet bound by the strings of your education.

• Schools do brainwash children

I am still in the American education system, I see it all of the time. All if not most of the history books only talk about the American perspective and how great it is, not considering that we could have been the enemy. We are forced to attend, conform, and do what we are told with very little say in what we do. Do you think that they want you to strive, only the gifted have a real chance, while the rest of us graduate and fill in the jobs of those who have passed. If you think that education, I'm am only speaking for American Education, is not brain washing, go back and look at topics you were taught, some are very different.

• Notes from a student

In school, they will only teach us what they deem that we NEED to know, nothing more. They are only telling us the government's side on things, and nothing more. They try to change how we see the world. We only learn about certain countries, certain math topics, certain reading skills, and certain sciences. Nothing more.

• Of course, and I'll tell you why,

Raising is, in it's own way, a for of brainwashing. Bending a child's mind to see the world in a certain way. In school we tell them to do this, and think that, morally and factually. We tell them how to think. Were we to encourage personal self guided development this may not be so, but as it stands we enforce and encourage only right answers as specified by the current leaders of our society. This method in and of itself exploits a child's vulnerable and quizzical mind to implant the desired thoughts of our society.

• We're all learning the same things.

Considering the fact that in most countries everyone learns similar things, and is examined under exactly the same conditions with the same questions e.T.C, we can assume that the spectrum of education is very narrow. Add to that the fact that not many children/teenagers/adults reach out for any additional education outside the ones that they are offered in school/work, then the idea of brainwashed kids is relatively plausible.

• My Current Schooling

To say that brainwashing occurs in the education system is a tad bit silly. In most lower level schools ie elementary school you are told what to think but at that age its acceptable because you can't think on your own. However at the high school level in almost any class you have the ability to argue against ideas and beliefs. In my experience this challenging of established ideas is appreciated and encouraged by teachers and the school itself. Once you have the ability to cultivate your own ideas that becomes a major part of what you do.
    However, the curriculum may shape how the think and influence them ultimately the schools don't brainwash children.

• Harm of brainwashing

I have 2 reasons why school should not brainwash kids by using curriculum. First, brainwashing makes young children confused. Some of them can't think whether its right or not. Therefore, it seems easy to believe something is not true. Second, we had better give kids more wider education so that they can have many choices. Brainwashing is no better than limit of education. It narrows kids vision.

• Evolution towards skills-based curriculum

Education as a whole has been evolving towards emphasizing learning skills over content. A prominent justification for this is the ubiquity of information, or content, via the Internet. Therefore, education as expressed through modern curricula is focusing on independent, critical, and creative thought. A skills-based approach to curricular design is the antithesis of "brainwashing", which is defined as systematically pressuring someone to accept a radical belief system NOT individuals thinking for themselves.

• Schools brainwashing kids??? No, no, no

I don't believe there is any brainwashing going on in the schools. I read an argument above in the "yes" section that said that schools tell the students to treat all religions with respect. Well, yes they do. But it's mostly so that no one gets offended. The schools don't even want to be seen as teaching one religion over the other. They are offering the students the right to choose when the time comes. I believe that this question, though, goes a little beyond religion, but I don't believe the schools brainwash the students in any way. I don't agree with the school system. I think more needs to be taught in order for kids to be prepared for the life ahead of them, instead of teaching more things that they may never use in life. But that is beside the point. No, schools are not brainwashing kids through curriculum.