• Shame on some of you!

Are all of you people, claiming more security is a waste, insane?! For one, if it was your child and your school, you wouldn't be saying such things. You would be demanding answers of why your child wasn't more protected. Two, people don't just walk into police stations armed and out for blood. Why you ask, because they'd have little chance to accomplish anything.
    Why in the world would anyone with children say no to ANY idea for even a chance of better protecting them when they are away from us? You use tax dollars as a rebuttal? Wow; just WOW! Not sure about you, but I am willing to pay whatever it would take to keep my babies safe!
    You are right on one thing. There really is no guarantee of their safety, even with those measures. Granted, not only do I and many others see it as worth taking that chance and will be happy to do whatever it takes to help! I would rather say that we did EVERYTHING possible to ensure their safety, than not, and have to live with myself, like you will. Shame on all of you!
    Our children are not only my future, but yours and possibly many others. They are tr he ones who will run this country after we leave it. They will be the ones to better or worsen the world we inhabit.
    Before I leave this be, I want to comment on the "prisoners" statement also. Let me just say, my children always feel like they are in prison. They stay grounded for days and weeks at a time, to their room, wirh only bathroom and dinner breaks. Being in a school, with metal detectors at every entrance and armed security / police on the grounds, will not worry them at all! Proof, oh yes. My daughter's school has a sheriff's deputy who not only runs the pick up and drop of of students, but also stays most of the day, walking around the school, dealing with children who are disobedient, checking school safety, all the way down to citing tickets to cars that are parked illegally. None of the children at her school has complained! Not once!
    In fact, they love him and talk to him regularly. He had gotten to know many of them personally and greets each individual walking or driving onto school grounds.
    So, any one of you who think that it would be like prison I'm schools with more security measures, show me you proof! And maybe, just maybe you can rationalize your argument, but I still call bull. It is you and only you who feels this way, and seeming as our government hasn't set this as a law, and probably won't, you all get to live with yourselves when/if this happens in your community.

• Yes, schools need better security.

Recent events involving the death of children at an elementary school clearly indicate that school security should be much more advanced. School faculty should be very careful not to let potentially unsafe individuals onto school grounds. Police are also needed to patrol the building constantly and ensure that the children, teachers and staff are kept safe any time they are on school property.

• Clearly, they do.

Schools do need more security. Not all tragedies can be avoided, but there are measures that can be taken to help prevent such tragedies as the Connecticut shooting. Metal detectors, security guards, locked outer doors can all be beneficial in keeping our children safe. Schools would benefit from reinforced doors. There is a school district in my state who is coming under fire for not having doors for their classrooms. This is clearly not acceptable, now that we have seen how easy it was for a gunman to shoot his way into a school. My children are my life and I think all parents feel that way. There is no reason not to provide schools with better security.

• Hi hj ju

Jiiiiiiiiiii j j k j k jk jk k jjkhh u jg“This is a societal problem, it’s not a school problem,” “This is a societal problem, it’s not a school problem,”“This is a societal problem, it’s not a school problem,”“This is a societal problem, it’s not a school problem,”“This is a societal problem, it’s not a school problem,”“This is a societal problem, it’s not a school problem,”

• Fyuit ygyugi ygfigvuipg hy8t9y9-

B b b b b b b b ; kiohihiu ih hu ii jk hb kbbbbbbbbbbbkhhhh hhhhhh h h h h h hu ii I jio jiojio iouio I I I I I io ioi io io io io o oop op op p[p [p [ [[[ [ [[ [

• Fyuit ygyugi ygfigvuipg hy8t9y9-

• Stop killing students that are in school.

Did you know a lot of people have been dying in school mass shooting. It really hurts seeing the students that couldn't finish their education or graduate from college or high school just because they were killed. Many elementary students has been killed. Adding security's and police officers will make the world a happier place and will make me a happier person. They will prevent the mass shootings by being there and stopping the suspect. Another way is they need to add securities in ever block of the school buildings so they can check everyone's ID and make sure the students are safe.

• Terrorism bulling neglected

Children need better security while Isis is still out we need to protect these children or we will lose a future generation of people that is needed to make the world a better place . . . . . . ... . . . . . ...... . . . .

• Nosd sdsasd qaw rdw erref

Efffffffffffffff ffffffffffff ffffffffffffffff ffffffffffffffff ffffffffff ffffffffff ffffffff ffffffff ffff ffff fffffff ffffffffff fffff fffffffff fffffff fffffff ffffffffffffff ffffffffffff ffffff efffffffffffffff mm m mm mm m m m m mm m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m

• Aye squad hi

This is not kaydon whiteside wit a 5 head eiugergfuyergufygeufgr7fgewufg7gfergfuiewgfuiergf5ygirfe ei euey d d f f f e ef f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f ff

• Nothing anyone can do

The recent shooting in Connecticut has incited fear into everyone's perspective on school security. This is a normal feeling to have, but isn't the real discourse people should be having. The shooter in CT shot his way in ... what better security could there be? What would truthfully keep a determined gunman out? Steel reinforced doors? No windows? Jersey barriers? Anybody could come in concealing a weapon, so do we need metal detectors in every school? Who would pay for it all? The school in question dud everything right, and stricter security would not have saved lives. The real discussion should be the guns in society, their accessibility, legality, and the society which celebrates them so.

• It doesn't really matter.

No matter what we do, people will find a way around the security and find a way to kill people. Schools don't need to have better security. A ban of guns is what we need! Some schools have the best security, yet kids and adults still manage to come in with guns secretly.

• Dont vote trump

Trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

• Bad, stupid and terrible administrators and trump should know that high school teens and colleges should not have it illegal

It disrupted my learning, hard to concentrate on my test , and dumb A S S security using cameras to monitor us its still illegal we need privacy or else they be like a prison , we need education not cameras and yes this cameras are threat to students :(

• Do you even know how many Shootings actually happen?

Have you even looked up how many school shootings have happened? No I don't mean all that other BS but actually shootings where someone has gone into a school looking to kill someone. I did my research and while the government and other sources say around 74 shootings in 2 years it's not actually true. There has only been around 30 actually school shootings where somebody was looking to murder people in a school during it's operating hours. Also most shootings actually happen at Universities and collages, not at schools grade jk to 12. I think we should stop trying to control people and control the effect of the actually problem. Our society. Look at everything around us. It's all about killing, game, movies, tv shows, internet, no wonder people want to kill kids in schools. It's all they see. I guess what im trying to say we are focusing on the wrong side of the entire issue. We should be pooling our resources into helping people who have this kind of mental illness and help them with any mental issues. That's all I have to say. Thanks for listening. I encourage any reply's on the matter.

Cheers

• No, definitely not

What kind of message are you putting into a child's head if you lock them down and make them feel like prisoners. School is the chance for kids to escape, have fun, and worry about marks and their future, NOT crime and danger lost in constant fear. Some schools may need it but it is definitely not for all.

• No, definitely not

• Death shall come

It doesn't really matter for security. Kids get smarter everyday and will always find a way to break the rules.People who have school security should get rid of it. In the Washington paper online it says that only 1 % of taxes go to school. They should save money not waste it

• No not really.

Having too much security at a school will not help the kids feel safe because than they are thinking if we need this much security than obviously they are expecting something to go wrong. It really depends on the schools background and how often it has issues though. Some schools might need it, others dont.

• Don't go overboard

No matter what you do if a person is that determined they will be successful. Also for the sake of the kids, being monitored, having metal detectors, cameras, Ect, will make the environment more like a prison, when you put kids in a prison they wont act like students. They'll act like prisoners. It encourages they too act out. You can take measures to ensure safety just don't go overboard.