• Yes they do !

I do think video games make people more violent because when some kids see these video games they think they would be cool if they act like in the video games so then they feel tough like adults.I got to say I have seen alot of kids in school act this way and it makes me feel bad for their parents.

• Shooting games encourage violence.

A lot of violent criminals have been known to enjoy violent video games. There is clearly a connection between violent games and violence in real life. Games that portray gratuitous violence are not healthy and should not be played by anyone. Although most people do not end up violent, these games clearly have a strong influence on some people.

• Yes, it does.

Children who are very aggressive often get even more aggressive from shooting games. I know that shooting games are "nice" on a young age but it is very bad when children aren't told, after playing a shooting games, what is right and what is wrong. Shooting games should be FORBIDDEN for children UNDER THE AGE OF 15.

• I believe so

It's all "virtual training" and encouragement, people pick up what they see and learn in video games; from shooting to reloading; to siding and racism, it's obviously not safe - it's rated M for a reason. It doesn't matter if you're on the single player mode or on the online mode, it's all the same: constant arguing, violence, which you like to call amusement? Now that's behavior problems, and I wonder where people pick it up from...

• shooting games are violance

i lot of people that play shooting games are crazy. like my friend briand or sometimes they want to shoot some one in the real life or they cut get out of control and do some wierd thing like stabing someone killing someone or shooting someone that they are just doing it for fun or to play around

• Shooting games encourage violence

People are a product of their environment. Video games, especially mature ones, distort the young individuals perception of reality. They do not directly cause somebody to go out and shoot up a place, at least not usually. However, they do cause a correlation between a society that is fascinated with violence and the games that provide it.

• Yes, young children are easily influenced.

Children have trouble understanding the difference between fantasy and reality and this is more true the younger they are. Video games with shooting and other violence is something that they may want to mimic and may not understand isn't okay if they see it in their games. Children are still developing mentally and shooting games plant ideas and pictures in their heads that may mess with their developmental growth and understanding of right and wrong when it comes to violence.

• People must tell right from wrong

Video games (especially violent video games) have a target audience. Violent video games target more mature buyers while younger gamers are expected to buy less violent games. The mature gamers are expected to be able to differenciate right from wrong. Even when a younger buyer plays any video game, it should be explained to them that what is going on in the game is not real in any way and if they start to commit any violent actions in real life they will be punished harshly.

• Violence has always existed

Whether it is video games or a movie, violence exists. It's existed in the past and it will exist in the future. The factors of what may encourage violence are impossible to put on paper. Alienation could encourage violence. The majority of humans are naturally violent. Would anyone call burning ants with a magnifying glass violence? Swatting a fly or a spider? It is violence even if we dare not admit that it is. Violence does not have to be restricted to being an act against other human beings or animals.

Shooting games are entertainment and a safe ground to express violence. Just as movies and just as sports are.

• Games are an outlet and don't encourage real violence.

People like to blame the most popular trend at the time for real life issues, but shooters are nothing to freak out about. If anything, they are actually good. Would you rather have someone spending their time in a video game, or actually shooting people? Furthermore, many modern shooters have deep messages about why killing is wrong. Only the extremely easily impressionable would be even somewhat encouraged to shoot people in real life after playing a shooter. And these people usually have severe illnesses, meaning shooters play only a minor role in their disturbed mindsets.

• It's a game, that's IT.

Coming from someone that has played "shooting games" for over 4 years, I can say with 100% certainty that Call of Duty has had no effect whatsoever on my views on violence/behavior. What people don't get is that IT IS A GAME. When I play Call of Duty, I'm not consciously thinking about killing people, I'm thinking about getting a good score, winning the game by capturing flags, or just messing around/having fun. If you replaced the game graphics so that the guns were water guns or something, and it was a giant water balloon fight, it'd be the SAME THING. The fact that it contains guns and killing people is irrelevant. At the end of the day, you play it for the competition and for the desire to win, that is all.

• Separating Reality from Fantasy Causes Violence

Video games themselves don't cause violence. Children who have trouble separating reality from fantasy cause violence. That's where parenting comes in. As opposed to bowing to consumer pressure to buy the latest "cool" shoot 'em up game, parents should take the time to make wise choices for video game purchases. There are ratings on games for a reason. It's called maturity!

• No: Underlying Ability to Understand it a game

It is often the case that already violent youths or individuals are drawn to violent games. That is, the game does not change an individual from being non-violent to violent. Individuals have the ability to understand fantasy versus reality. There are many other variables that are often unaccounted for in studies hypothesizing that a correlation exists.

• Just Fun And Friends

No, shooting games do not encourage violence. On the contrary, shooting games probably work off a lot of pressure after a long day at work. Shooting games are supposed to be rated so younger children are not able to purchase and play them. Many teenagers play these games online with groups of friends, competing against one another. The games are a very important social vehicle for many of them, providing competition, friendly rivalry, hours of comparing strategies and camaraderie.

• It's a good way to relax

Whenever I've had a long or bad day, I near enough always sit down and play a couple of games of CoD or CS. The games just help me relax and wind down. Sometimes if my day has been really bad and I play CoD or something, I might snap at my brother accidentally, which us usual for me, but still shows that violent games can be an encouragement for violence for some people. The majority of people that play FPS, myself included, know how to differ from the right and wrong. This is why violent video games can be a good thing.

• No they don't

I think shooter games to the vast majority of people are just a form of entertainment and do not have an effect on their actions, just because some people might play these games and decide to reinact or become influenced by them, the majority DON'T and can distinguish between what they see and do in real life compared to video-games, so don't punish everyone by only accounting for the very few that can't take the games

• Shooting games encourage hunting which in some ways can be awesome.

I think shooting games are fun especially when I get the big guns like transformers war for cybertron and transformers fall of cybertron.When I am shooting it makes me feel really good at every thing.That is why I think there should be more violent and shooting games.Thank you very much