Do shows like "Celebrity Rehab With Dr. Drew" help (yes) or harm (no) celebrity drug addicts?

• They raise awareness.

I think that shows like Celebrity Rehab with Dr. Drew help celebrity drug addicts, because it is a way for them to get help. Many celebrities who are addicts would not seek help if there were not a fame element to it. If that is the only way to get them help it is worth it.

• Shows like "Celebrity Rehab with Dr. Drew" help celebrity drug addicts.

Shows like "Celebrity Rehab with Dr. Drew" help celebrity drug addicts. Although not all celebrities get cured form the celebrity drug rehab shows, the shows do help celebrity drug addicts by offering them professional health with their problems of drug addiction. A good percentage of celebrities that participate on the rehab shows do successfully rehabiltate themselves.

• Celebrity rehab shows are harmful

The treatment ideas put forward on celebrity rehab shows like Dr. Drew are only harming our perceptions of what it means to be addicted in the first place, as well as what it means to seek treatment for our addictions. We should be aware that these shows are produced for entertainment value.

• I Think They Can Help

I believe shows like, Celebrity Rehab with Dr. Drew, can help celebrities who have problems with drugs. One of the main points of recovery is to talk about your problems. When these people do it out in the open they are opening themselves up to a vast amount of people and helping to create a sober lifestyle outside of their rehab period. Recovery is not easy and it is not something that all are successful with. I honestly have my doubts these shows harm their recovery.