• 100% yes yes yes

I have been going to a boys school for 3 years now. At the beginning of my time at school, I was straight as you can be. I would often play with the girls in primary school, I even had a girlfriend. All the girls thought I was cute and I thought they were hot. One week ago, I went on pornhub for the first time. I watched a few lesbian videos, but they did nothing except make my heart beat fast. My penis didn't grow much, and it took 30 minutes to ejaculate. The next day, I experimented with straight videos. They were hot, but I found my eyes inadvertently scrolling to the guys dick and ass and arms. I still got turned on by the woman but I got turned on by the man too!!!! I think I am bisexual now and I am scared I will turn gay. I have had a crush on this guy as well. I never would have dreamed of this in primary school! I feel disgusted as now I have to come out as bi one day! So yes, single sex schools need to be burned!!

• Y e s

I used to go to an all boys school and during my second year there, I started to develop feelings for someone there. Me and that guy and dating right now and I am a gay. So, I would say yes. ( I apparently need 9 more words so... )

• It is sadly a yes.

My mom was hesistant to send me to an all girl school because she was afraid I would turn "gay". As offensive as it sounded, I didn't listen to her. After four years, I have to say, indeed, I did develop feelings for girls. Strong, intense feelings. Even now, when I'm finally in university, I'm trying to cope with an enviromenf of both males and females, I still find it very hard to have any attraction toward the opposite sex. It's like my brain is programmed to like the same sex... :(... I'm still very confused about my sexuality...

• As a first hand victim, yes they absolutely do.

After my first year of highschool, we moved countries, and I moved into an all boys school. At first I didn't think this would have any impact on me or my sexuality, but after about half a year there were definitely noticeable differences in my attraction toward the opposite gender. Slowly my sexual desire for girls was stamped out of me by this stupid and cruel educational system, as I was denied any interaction with them in this period. Besides anything, learning to interact with the opposite gender is, in a way, an even more fundamental skill than any academic one.

• 110% it does

I went to an academically selective high school all boys school and there were many boys who tried to make moves on me some subtly because it was a homophobic place but yet they always have gay behaviour and acts and touch each other and even teachers hear them talking about gay sex. Some were so bold they sent me gay porn. All the people mean to me were because I rejected them and usually they were ugly creepy nerdy sad thus got insecure and also insecure about their sexuality.

• Yes it does

I am doing a debate on single-sex schooling, and I believe that when you are around the same sex during the time period of where your hormones are spiking, and you only have your own gender around you, you will begin to experiment. You only have one thing to experiment with. So yes, I think it does promote homosexuality.

• No Girls/boys to stare at!!!

It makes people start to stare at the same sex, thus creating homosexuality! ! ! ! ! I wouldn't want a guy staring at me in Science class... THAT WOULD MAKE ME SCARED FOR MY LIFE! SAME THING FOR MOST STUDENTS IN THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA! GROSS!!! EWWWW! GET RID OF SINGLE-SEX CLASSROOMS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Yes The Scene Is Set.

Two men I dated in their 20s graduated from all boys prep schools in CT in late 60s/early 70s. Both had fathers absent from their pre-teen years through death/divorce; strong maternal figures. Both had issues relating to females sexually/emotionally tending toward sexual stereotypes and an arrested emotional bonding. Both had a strong close male friend, also single, with which I often felt in a strange competition, and were not particularly nice to me-- bottom line. Both boyfriends eventually married (women) in late 30s/early 40s. No children. In agreement that first sexual experiences can't be underestimated as the definitive identity, The temptation to experiment in a same sex environment when teen hormones rage is the pivotal factor to those with a compromised or missing paternal relationship-- BUT it is my belief that if any person wants to change ANYTHING, if the will to change is all-encompassing-- any change-- can be permanently accomplished through the help and relationship with the Higher Power.

• Yes yes yes

I do not like how a bunch of girls are in the same school. Of course this is going to show them how to talk to the opposite sex? Like come on we don't need same sex schools here. Like get on the ball people lets do something to stop this.

• Yes yes yes

If you say no youve clearly never gone to an all girls school all your life. Highly hormonal teenage girls with no access to members of the opposite sex find themselves unexpectedly, inexplicably attracted to girls, whether they consider themselves homosexual or not. I have known many situations where people who believe they are straight suddenly turn around and start engaging in sexual activities with gay female friends. They then reach the summer, meet some boys and realise it was all a phase. When youre in an environment with so much close physical contact and sharing of feelings, hormones change your outlook on things.

• On the contrary I think it makes the boys and girls think more about the opposite sex because they aren't available.

I think homosexuality is something you are born with and so going to a single sex school wouldn't make any difference at all in promoting it.

Posted by: Bratzky
  • Single sex schools have nothing to do with promoting homosexuality.

Single sex schools do not promote or encourage any sort of homosexuality. Although a student who may be homosexual might find it more comfortable in coming out in such an environment the institution they attend does not push the issue upon them. A person's sexuality is predetermined by nature and not taught by a school.

Posted by: WillowsErv
  • Single-sex schools do not promote homosexuality because they have a stricter focus on academics.

Single-sex schools do not promote homosexuality. Just because someone goes to a school with the same gender does not mean they will become gay or lesbian. Often these schools have "sister" or "brother" schools that allow students to socialize with the opposite gender. Homosexuality is not something that is influenced at all by environment.

Posted by: WardGrad
  • Just because you have all boys or all girls in a school, there is no reason to assume that homosexuality is being promoted, because they spend the majority of time around their own sex anyway.

Most children spend the majority of their time playing with friends of the same sex. Girls play with girls, and boys play with boys. That's the way it is now, and that's the way it has been for a long time. This way of life has not promoted homosexuality, and will continue to not promote homosexuality. Therefore, having all boys or all girls in your school will also not have the effect of promoting or prompting homosexuality.

Posted by: MariaR
  • Single-sex schools do not promote homosexuality because it's scientifically proven that single-sex classes improve academic performance.

Scientists have proven that boys and girls learn in different ways. Being in classes with your own gender makes you feel more relaxed because you're not worrying about being judged for what you say, so students usually perform better in single-sex situations. In no way do single-sex schools promote homosexuality.

Posted by: AJermaine
  • No, because being around members of the same sex exclusively does not promote homosexuality in any circumstance.

The idea that homosexuality is promoted, or otherwise a result of situational factors or influence, is ridiculous. Homosexuality is not a choice, and the only decision that is affected by outward influences, including same sex schools, is the decision to hide homosexuality, and to attempt to live as a heterosexual.

Posted by: TownNoam
  • Single-sex schools do not promote homosexuality, just as other single-sex environments do not promote homosexuality.

Single-sex schools provide an environment for fraternizing and better understanding oneself and other members of one's gender. They do not promote homosexuality any more than co-ed schools promote heterosexuality. Other single-sex environments, such as a summer camp cabin, Girl and Boy scout troops, or even a nunnery are not considered to promote homosexuality, so why should another single-sex environment which focuses on education be considered as promoting homosexuality.

Posted by: HilN3il
  • Not at all.

I understand many people here might be talking from personal experience and concluding you are somehow pulled towards a certain sexual orientation in these schools. Let’s appeal to science. Sexual orientation and human sexuality are each a very wide field, and they haven’t been completely covered. In fact, we don’t know much about them. What we do know is that you are not quite born homosexual (or bisexual or asexual) but neither do you choose to be, and that sexual orientation is something you simply discover throughout your life and (I don’t mean to hurt anyone with this) it can’t be changed voluntarily. We also don’t know exactly what determines it, but we know that indeed it’s a lot of interacting biological, psychological, social and personal factors, some of which you can’t control. So it’s not like just spending time with certain people or performing certain actions will determine wether you are gay or not, it’s way more complex and we don’t understand it completely yet. Therefore, we have to settle with accepting our orientation and integrating it into our identity (which psychologically speaking is the healthy choice) rather than seeing it as a foul thing, trying to blame someone or something for it, or harming ourselves seeking to modify it willingly.

• They just make it easier to be yourself.

I am gay. I’ve always known this so when my parents suggested sending me to an all girls high school I didn’t hesitate to agree. The school didn’t turn me gay or influence me , it just made it easier to be myself as there were other girls like me there too.

• Bull shit complete bull

Children should not be gay because same sex schools hate it they absaloutkey hate it it does not promote it and I don't think anyone should promote it it is evil and catholic schools have absaloutley none of it seriously if you have sense listen to me now. Drama happens with different sexes