• Sports Definitely Keep Teenagers Occupied

I definitely think sports keep teenagers out of trouble. When I was young, I got into so much trouble because I was just bored.. Had nothing to do, so why not cause a little trouble?
    Once I was placed into sports (basketball, cheerleading, softball) I didn't have the time to run around and create problems, I was busy with school and sports. Although, I must say sports didn't completely get me out of trouble. But they definitely did help! PRO SPORTS!

• Keeping teenagers out of trouble

Sports keeps teenagers out of trouble. They will be at practice more then they will be out on the streets getting in trouble. If they get in trouble they wont be able to play so they try their best to stay out of trouble. Sports teaches trust and leadership. They will meet the right kind of friends that will help them make good choices.

• Yes it does

I am a 18 year old boy and when I was a freshman I got into so much trouble. But than the football couch told him to tryout so he did. He made the team and know he is the Alistair running back. He is going to Oregon
    next year. My boy hasn't looked back its only up for him now.

• Yes of course!!!!

There are countless reasons why teens that do play sports are going to have better benefits than those that do not have anything to do with extracurricular activities. First they have way more exercise and better eating habits than those that sit around eating junk food and what not. But nevertheless teens should participate in sports more often and that will surely help themselves by a lot

• Sports keep kids out of trouble

Being part of a team gives a kid a positive identity and a feeling of acceptance by the teammates and other peers. Teen athletes are held to higher standards as they are easily identifiable by the rest of the student body, especially when representing their teams. Adolescents tend to explore their individuality while being confident within the confines of belonging to a team

• Sports do keep teens out of trouble

Am a teen and am in a sport I believe as a teen sports do keep you out of trouble. Why you ask??? Once i was in freshmen i really didn't care and i use to got in trouble a lot but once i got into sophmore year i got in basketball. Once i made the jv team my coach told the team that we don't need to have bad grades or we won't play. Also we couldn't get in trouble because we will get consequences. So on that moment and on I through that I had to stop fooling around because I want to play. So unit that day and now am still in basketball and it keeps me out trouble and a lot of forces into school.

• Less time for crime

If student are participating in sports/activities they would have less time to horse around. Also there would be less drug use and violence because they would practicing or playing the sport. Sport keep teens to achieve their goals and work hard to become good players.Sports are good for teens because they are organized.

• Sports help those kids to find other activities Sports help teenagers to focus on something other than trouble.

• Yes it does.

Sports keep teenagers out of trouble because if not the have free time on their hands, and free time causes boredom, and boredom leads to the doing stuff... Some that they could possibly regret. Kids who play sports have to stay after school longer which leaves them less time on their hands, by the time they get home they have dinner homework shower bed.

• Sports keep kids out of trouble

• Sports do not keep kids out of trouble.

In fact, they keep kids IN trouble. Ever noticed that the jocks are always the ones who are the bullies?

Sports teach the survival of the fittest. They teach primal instincts, such as judging people for their phyical prowess, and living like a salmon (doing the same thing as everyone else, and living to mate.) As a whole, FB players are more likely to not do their homework, to have underage sex, to establish "cliques" of bullies, and to become unsuccessful individuals later on.

If that's not you, you're the exception, not the rule.

If sports are forced, teens will have something more to worry about. Most already have a load of homework, and some have an instrument. Now they will be judged physically, as well as mentally. Everyone has different abilities. A teen may have a good grade in school, Harvard might want him, but he can barely do a chin-up. On the other hand, a kid who is so-so in school, but excellent at FB, can play FB and get a scholarship. It's a win-win. If students are judged on BOTH brains AND brawn, however, it's a lose-lose, unless you have perfect DNA.