• Sports Definitely Keep Teenagers Occupied

I definitely think sports keep teenagers out of trouble. When I was young, I got into so much trouble because I was just bored.. Had nothing to do, so why not cause a little trouble?
    Once I was placed into sports (basketball, cheerleading, softball) I didn't have the time to run around and create problems, I was busy with school and sports. Although, I must say sports didn't completely get me out of trouble. But they definitely did help! PRO SPORTS!

• Keeping teenagers out of trouble

Sports keeps teenagers out of trouble. They will be at practice more then they will be out on the streets getting in trouble. If they get in trouble they wont be able to play so they try their best to stay out of trouble. Sports teaches trust and leadership. They will meet the right kind of friends that will help them make good choices.

• Sports are Good

Any extra cirricular activity, including sports, are helpful to keep kids out of trouble. Number one, sports give kids an activity in which to participate after school, so instead of hanging out and causing trouble they have something to do. Second, sports help kids to focus on goals to become successful.

• Sports help those kids to find other activities

Sports help tenagers to focus on something other than trouble. It gives them character development and helps them to build friendships with other people if playing a cooperative sport. Plus, sports helps them to play by the rules, as you have to follow directions, and work hard in sports to become a good player.

• Boredom causes trouble

The majority of the time you see a teen getting in trouble is because he had nothing better to do that didnt have to deal with cleaning. They have to occupy themselves with something and sports is a good candidate since it keeps them healthy and social. It's also exciting and stimulating so they would have fun doing it. Its the same with video games and clubs.

• Sports do not keep kids out of trouble.

In fact, they keep kids IN trouble. Ever noticed that the jocks are always the ones who are the bullies?

Sports teach the survival of the fittest. They teach primal instincts, such as judging people for their phyical prowess, and living like a salmon (doing the same thing as everyone else, and living to mate.) As a whole, FB players are more likely to not do their homework, to have underage sex, to establish "cliques" of bullies, and to become unsuccessful individuals later on.

If that's not you, you're the exception, not the rule.

If sports are forced, teens will have something more to worry about. Most already have a load of homework, and some have an instrument. Now they will be judged physically, as well as mentally. Everyone has different abilities. A teen may have a good grade in school, Harvard might want him, but he can barely do a chin-up. On the other hand, a kid who is so-so in school, but excellent at FB, can play FB and get a scholarship. It's a win-win. If students are judged on BOTH brains AND brawn, however, it's a lose-lose, unless you have perfect DNA.