• We need rights in schools!

I do beleive students deserve more rights in schools. I am not even allowed to sit where i want in lunch. I thought once I got to middle school teachers would stop babying us students. On the "school food chain" kids are at rock bottom and no one can change that. Students can't go to the bathroom without permission, we get walked down to luch and get picked up, supervised by an adult. The only thing kids have control of is the locker they obtain. It is a dictatorship and students have no army to defend themselves. That is why students need more rights in schools.

• Students should be treated with respect.

Yes, students should have the right to be treated with respect instead of like inferior beings. They should not be talked down to. Teachers should not treat students as if they were their own children. Perhaps if we set a good example by according students more rights and respecting them, they would learn to emulate us.

• Yes They Do

I believe students to deserve more rights in schools. Schools generally have a student council or government in place, but they usually nullify it by not allowing them any power. I think if these bodies were used more effectively students could participate in a democratic process and receive more freedom. I think this would be extremely beneficial both at the middle school and high school levels.

• Yes, I think students deserve more rights in schools.

I think everyone should be treated with respect and have sufficient and full rights regardless of where they are, I think students should be treated with respect and have a agreed upon amount of rights and privileges that allow them to feel like they are being treated fairly and respectfully.

• We should get to do what we want in class as long as we pay attention

Teachers get to be on their phones, eat, and chew gum in class but students can't do any o that if they are in Elementary School. We should be able to eat in class and not only eat in lunch, we should also be allowed on out phones and chew gum if we wanted to as long as we are paying attention in School when the teachers are teaching

• Students DESERVE MORE RIGHTS!

I believe that students deserve more rights!
    I believe that us-students need more privacy with conversations because the teachers listen to our conversations and if they are "inappropriate" we get in trouble and screamed at. We students have every right to talk about what we want because they do as well, just because they are adults they are still human beings same as us.

• Students need BASIC human rights!

I am currently in high school. The other day, my phone fell out of my pocket and my teacher told me to put it away which I did. Less than three minutes later, the teacher came up to me with an envelope and told me to put my phone in. I refused because that is my PERSONAL property and in the 5th amendment it says "A person may not be deprived of property without “due process of law,” or fair procedures. My phone is now sitting in the office and how am i supposed to know if they lock it up? Or make sure that my property is taken care of? They are violating our rights as human beings! People have huge debates on whether or not fetuses deserve rights, yet we are young adults and almost fully independent citizens who deserve rights.

• Students need BASIC human rights!

• Students need BASIC human rights!

• Students are shoved into a world where they are expected to survive independently after being controlled for almost their entire lives.

High schoolers still have to ask to go to the bathroom, when in a month they'll be making critical decisions that impact their entire lives. We need more freedoms and rights-right now, we are so numb to being bossed around and dictated, with our words, thoughts, and voices being held in the grip of those with questionable responsibility, that once we are finally allowed to do what we want, we have no other option but to crumble. School has allowed feelings of dictation and stress for generations, and when we have such a dependency on that structure, we'll be crippled when we are actually out in the real world which lacks guidelines.

• Easy to think yes, but good reasons for saying no!

The school administration is 100% responsible for their students, therefore giving them 100% control over their students. It's really that simple and no further explanation should be required. However, I will continue....

Young kids have very little self discipline. They can't be trusted to do the right thing, to be on time, to make correct decisions. If given an inch, they take a mile. At that age it's all about testing the system, rebelling, trying to do their own thing and be their own person. Well, that doesn't work in a school. Schools are about uniformity in order to teach efficiently. If every student was doing their own thing, it would be chaos. You can't teach among chaos. It's in their best interest to learn at a young age that the world does not revolve around them and that the society requires a certain level of conformity in order for everyone to get along and work properly. There is no reason to have more freedom in school when it's about structure, discipline, and learning.

• They have the right to learn, that's all they need.

No, students do not deserve more rights in schools. They have the right to sit down, shut up, and learn for a few years. They don't have to support themselves while doing it. They just have to be present and turn in homework. That's all the rights they should need or want until they become adults.

• Students do not deserve more rights

It is my opinion that students do not deserve more rights in schools because they are currently given rights and privileges that are adequate enough for them to be properly educated. If students had more rights in schools then the teachers would be less likely to be able to educate them to the best of their abilities.