Do students have the right to not learn education?

• It’s their decision

Yes, because everyone is their own person. I believe we have our own limits of how to control and change our life. I’m not necessarily trying to say that education is useless, but the only person who can say “no” to your future is you. Your the limit to your own choices, decisions, and answers. I understand many of them will face consequences of not learning anything but they shouldn’t be forced into doing things they don’t like.

• Of course they do!

I mean, it's really obvious that students MUST get the chance to say if they want to go to school or not. Even if their whole life spirals out of control, that's THEIR problem. Education is important, but if students decided that they'd rather be partying out and drinking, that's their decision.

• Education is incredibly important

Education is incredibly important. Education is the key to the doors to the future. Allowing children to be able to choose whether to have education or not can be detrimental to their future. Many children may decide to not go to school so that they can stay or home but in the future, they won't be able to get jobs meaning they won't pay taxes which will contribute to the wellbeing of the country. Most countries don't offer education so children should feel incredibly privileged to be able to go to school and if they decide to not go to school and change their mind later on, it will be too late and they will be left behind. Without any qualifications, they will be sent straight to the bottom of the pile when applying for jobs later on. Also, whilst children aren't at school, they may be out in a world full of murderers and bad influences who may inflict harm upon the child. By being at school, they are in a safe place (most of the time). From a 15 year old.