• Yes They Do

I believe tariffs, to a degree, do protect a country's workers. Tariffs often mean that domestically a product is more valuable within the country and therefore the domestic producer is favored. If America increased tariffs on Chinese products, then the products from China would be more expensive. This would protect American workers in manufacturing because companies will avoid the tariff, if all else is equal.

• There is less economy.

No, tariffs do not protect a country's workers, because there are more problems when there are higher prices for good in a country. When a price is artificially high because of a tariff, everyone must spend more for that good. Spending more, we have less money to spend on other things, and it makes everyone worse off.

• No, tariffs do not protect a country's workers

I do not believe that tariffs protect a country workers. I think
    that tariffs do more to protect the company or business than the workers
    for said company and business. I think that the policies and principles
    of a tariff were never meant to benefit an employee or a worker.

• They penalize another's

A tariff does not directly protect a country's workers, they just penalize the businesses of another country. There may be indirect benefits, but even tariffs may not be enough to offset the cost of business such that inside businesses get much advantage. They must be combined with other policies for benefits.

• No, tariffs do not protect a country's workers.

I do not believe that tariffs protect a country workers. I think that tariffs do more to protect the company or business than the workers for said company and business. I think that the policies and principles of a tariff were never meant to benefit an employee or a worker.