• Yes it is

My 6 yr old is stressed out, she crys herself to sleep most nights and now she has about 3 sheets of homework plus reading a night and they've even extended it to weekends, I think it's appalling!!!!
    At Laurences Primary School....You need to stand upto the goverment, ASAP. A distressed Parent.

• Si, too much Busywork

It is all busy work. I get 5 hours a night, and I learn nothing. It is cutting into my personal life, sleep life, health life, and just life in general. I believe we need a culture reform in America, and around the world. Homework doesn't have a correlation to grades.

• Teachers give A crap ton of homework, and it is for the worst

I am currently a student, and I get way to much homework nightly: 3-5 hours per night, 3-5 hours on the weekend. I Have no time to do anything else, even sleep deprivation is occurring. I have extra curricular activities, so I have to do more one day to make up for the next. And the major punch in the gut is that it is 95% busy work, not actual learning.

• Yes, teacher give too much homework to their students.

Students have to learn about 13 subjects at school and if with each subject they have to do much exercises, they will not know what to do first. They also will not do them carefully. Consequently, students will copy their friend's exercises without understanding the lesson. Moreover, students have to spend much time doing homework and don't have enough time to do other activities such as playing sport, chatting with friends or taking part in outdoor activities. They really need time to relax after a hard-working day at school

• Teachers give students a lot of homework!

Kids don't have time to do the things that they love. On top of that they have 7 classes a day. They need some fun/relax/and resting time. Without it kids will go nuts. Kids feel that teachers can be rude or disrespectful with all the homework given. But really they just want to rest!

• I think that we as children are burdened with to much work !

I think that the teachers are and arent at fault and why iam saying that is because they also are told that they have to give homework by their boss as in the headteacher.But they are also at fault because they tend to give us more homework so that they get payed more.

• 3rd grade daughter is overloaded with homework

I feel so sorry for my 3rd grade daughter! Her tremendous amount of homework every night is not only effecting her but the rest of our family as well. I don't mind teaching my daughter anything or helping her with any of her homework but this is just getting way too ridiculous and out of hand. She loves school but this year in third grade with all this homework she's becoming discouraged. This poor girl doesn't even have time to watch t.V., or get any physical activity. She goes to bed every night extremely tired and lucky if she gets a shower in. I definitely have no free time between her homework, and my sons kindergarten homework. That's our whole night every night. I can't even get the dinner dishes washed on many nights, or spend more time with my son teaching him things because we are so caught up with her ridiculous amount of homework. I can see it in her face many nights like her brain is just frying. Our country has got to come up with a better plan in the education system of teaching our kids without stressing our kids out, stressing the families out, and keeping our kids from being able to even be kids. With all this homework...There is no TV time, exercise time, play time, or time for anything else for that matter. Something's gotta change and I really wish I had a solution!!!!

• Too much busywork

Speaking from personal experience. Too much of the homework I got was busywork. It didn't help me get smarter in any way. It was just stuff I had to get done. I definitely spent more time doing homework than living my life, doing teenager things. An assignment's merit should be found in itself, not in the grade given for its completion. So if the homework was more creative projects, and exploratory activities, then I'd say that students don't have enough homework. However, it's not, so I say they have too much.

• They shouldn't give homework unless needed

Teacher should not give out homework unless students need it. Children spend 8 hours at school everyday. All work should be done at school. The only work that should be sent home is work that is not finished or if the child needs extra help on it. Children don't want to come home to do more work if they have been doing work all day at school. My nephew in the 3rd grade comes home with so much homework! He doesn't even have any free time when he comes home from school. Children need rest too.

• Yes, children are overworked.

Yes, for the most part, teachers give children far too much homework, because children are, for the most part, exhausted. Children run ragged trying to do hours of homework every night, as well as keep up with their extracurricular activities. Teachers are not at all sympathetic to the plight of students who are overworked.

• No, I think teacher should not give students much homework.

I believe that much homework is not necessary because they need to spend time gathering with their families. They are still young and need the attention of their parent. In addition, many families rely on their older children to help out at home. They have to take care of the younger children and help with the housework. If they have too much homework, they wil not have time for their family

• No,teachers do not give children too much alcohol.

No,teachers do not give too much homework.Students need to learn the lessons they can get from homework.They need to be able to reinforce the classroom lessons they learn in school.They can also learn life lessons like taking initiative and completing a project and reaping the rewards of a job well done.

• Some may, but it isn't all bad

Even though I have had some teacher in the past that gave out A LOT of homework, and of course I couldn't stand doing it; looking back on it, I think it was only to benefit the students. It made them more familiar with the material and prepared them for tests.

• Most public school homework has set limits

Most teachers don't give too much homework. In many public schools, the amout of homework given is based on a minutes per age ratio. For example, a 1st grader should have no more than 20 minutes per night of homework. The amount rises as a child ages. However in practice, elementary school homework tends to take 5-10 minutes per night, which does not prepare a child for middle or high school when the homework actually takes significant time to do.

• Homework Tests Student's Time Management Skills

Until kids graduate from high school, their main job is to get an education. As such, homework is part of kids' education from elementary school until they are done in 12th grade. Assignments at home test a student's ability to think away from teachers and hones their time management skills.