• Some teachers give too much

While most teachers are reasonable, I have had quite a few college professors that seemed to work under the assumption that since we were only in their class about 5 hours per week, we had nothing to do the other 163 hours. Some decided to pile on homework for things like Thanksgiving break when we were already rushing around to visit family, often several hours away, for the weekend. Nothing says quality time with the family quite like writing a research paper at the dinner table.

It's important to remember that students are juggling other classes, part-time jobs, and personal lives, all of which are important. There's no educational value in intentionally creating a more stressful environment. If anything it's detrimental as students pull all-nighters or skip meals in their struggle to keep up.

• Way too much!

I've heard many teachers say that they don't want us to be stressed out with homework, and that they understand we have other things going on in our lives. Despite this, they persist in giving us hours of homework (I do about 3 hours worth each night) . This is not good for our mental and emotional health. I've had no time to do things that I want to do. Even worse than that is that over Christmas break I have hours of homework that needs to be done. It's quite stressful.

• No They Don't

Stop whining all the time. Teachers only give homework just to put you under pressure and work. Stop fussing, HONESTLY! Maybe you should plan your time effectively and then you would have time for homework. If you had loads of homework then nobody in your classes would ever hand it in!

• To much homework and to much stuff!!

This is it I had to much to do this coming week there is more and more homework that is being sent home with us its to much to do. Plus spring brake is coming up and we only had one snow day and they are giving us only one week come on give us a brake.

• It takes too much time

Sometimes my teachers will give an hour or more of homework and say "You have an hour in your day to do homework.", but what they don't realize is that we have other classes. If I have six classes a day, and an hour of homework for each, that would be six hours. I don't get home until around 2:40, so that would mean I would be done at 8:40 if I did nothing but work for six hours straight. There's no time for dinner, showering, jobs, or after school activities if you want to get enough sleep. So most kids still do these things and stay up until later hours to get their work done, and since they already wake up so early for school, students are being very sleep deprived which is very bad for their health. Do you really expect kids to give up everything and do nothing but go to school and do homework until they graduate?

• I have other classes too!

Being a massive perfectionist I despise when I feel like I've half-assed an assignment, but when I'm given multiple assignments in every class I get extremely depressed, and eventually stop actually learning anything. Teachers need to understand that students are allowed to have a life outside of school (or more often their class) it is simply more difficult to do thirty assignments than to grade them. Case closed.

• It is not required

Teachers give too much homework to us students. The people who argue against us have no valid argument other than we need it. We may need it, but if this is how we are expected to spend our time then how can we apply what we have gained outside of such a controlled setting. This may make us smarter, but if it is that important then it should be a part of the school day. I should not have to stay up until midnight to do vocabulary in social studies. This is just not needed or useful after a certain time.

• I cant do it all

I sincerly think teachers dont think we have any other classes to do homework for and thats why they give us a crapload of stuff to do. Yet they want me to participate in sports and clubs and volunter in my community and get 8 hours of sleep like there isnt enought time in a day to do all of these things. Like i already go to school for 7 hours why do I need to do MORE work at home. I never get time to spend with my family or friends. I want to have a life but i literally cant because there is no time to do anything besides homework. I would honestly go to school from 7-3:30/4 if i didnt have any homework. Teachers need to chill with the homework

• Some set way too much

Whilst most of my AS level teachers are fair with the amount of homework they set, there are some who seem to be setting homework every lesson. I have had 9 history lessons since returning from Christmas, and 9 homework's have been set. English is no better. Whilst the teacher says it's only a 10 minute job, the reality is it isn't. Even if it was we still have plenty of other work to get done too!

• Too much homework!

So, I'm currently in 8th grade right now, and I feel I'm getting way too much homework. I haven't gone a single week without getting ambushed my a test or a major assignment. My teacher gives four hours of homework every single day. Yes, I'm not lying. Four hours everyday. The problem with teacher is that she thinks we have plenty of time everyday, and predicts all we do is sit on our couch and play games. Everyday is the same:
    1. I'm tired and sleepy in the morning, and I'm losing attention to learning.
    2. The teachers get mad at me for being tired.
    3. Once school is over, she assigns us at least 2 hours of homework
    4. I start working on it
    5. I sleep late around 1:00 A.M.
    6. Next morning I'm tired again.
    7. Repeat.

• No homework is not an issue

Where i come from homework can be a pain in the neck, but just suck it up buttercup. Every day I only have like an hour of homework and thats not even every day. One day it might even be 5 mins. Another day it might be a half hour. U JUST NEED TO SUCK IT UP BUTTERCUP!

• No teachers don't assign too much homework

Homework helps us study and review the skills we learned in school. Homework helps parents to. When us kids are running around like we are crazy we could be getting the help we need . I should know teachers give out a lot of h.W .So we need h.W .

• Not even close.

Let's face it- our kids in America are at the bottom of the heap among developed nations in the world. Part of that reason is because our students spend far less time in the classroom- shorter school days and much shorter school years than other nations. Teachers must give homework to ensure that a student has retained the information taught, and are capable of applying it; it is also necessary to determine what areas a particular class might have grasped and which might need more class time spent on them. With shorter days and schoolyears to cram in the basics, teachers have no choice but to assign outside course work as well.

• No They Don't

Teachers do not give too much homework. The purpose of one's school years is to learn how function in society. Part of that is social and physical skills learned by playing and interacting with others, but part of it is gaining knowledge and an understanding of the world. Unless the workload is so great that it keeps the child from eating, sleeping or performing other necessary tasks, I don't see how it can be classified as too much.

• I Agree Not Even Close

Where i come from, i have nine subjects per day, and about six assignments after a day. We don't complain because we know that these assignments are meant to help us understand what we learnt in class and make things clear and easy for us. Without assignments, we won't be able to know what to do especially individually.

• No they don't

Without homework, students would never really grasp the material. The whole purpose of homework is to see how well the student understands the material when they are alone. It is one thing for a student to understand the material when it is being gone over or taught in class but it shows that there is a true understanding when the student can do the work on his or her own.

• It is necessary

Teachers do not give out too much homework. I think the homework that they distribute is the homework necessary needed to improve and learn more in that subject. However, sometimes I think that teachers give out homework that is not needed because their class already knows the things, but I don't believe that they give out too much homework, more than what is needed.

• No teachers do not give too much HW

Homework can help children create study skills, make children use time more wisely, and make children work more independently. Without being independent and not using your time wisely, when your children grow up how are they going to survive if they are not independent. Also, if they cant use their time wisely there future is going to be horrible.

• Yes way to much homework

Home work is dog shit nobody likes it. And teachers are hoes to give homework. Like today my teacher told me I have to do my homework after class I look at my buddy d**** and said ''this bitch really thinks im ganna do this shit teachers are a botch of pwant monkeys

• No they don't

Teachers don't give a lot of homework. It seems huge to us just because we don't like to study. Homework is given because teachers think that students don't do self study, which is important to understand the topics taught. If the homework given is done on time then its beneficial to students as it would just help to make the concept clear in the mind.