Do teachers have the right to search students' lockers?

• You bet they do.

The locker does not belong to the student.

The Fourth Amendment does not stop all searches, just unreasonable searches. For the safety of schools and the fact that the school owns and provides the lockers, there should be no expectation of privacy and therefore no violation.

The student knows going in that the lockers can be search and that itself negates the expectation of privacy. It is no different than my desk at work or my computer, both of which my employer supply for my use. I don't own it and if I want something hidden, I sure should not put it into a location that is owned and controlled by someone else.

• Yes they should

Because they should. Tetherball god says yes every day. Its theirs bro. Dont do drugs. Be cool stay in school. Be ice man. Hail to the redskins. Be so ice. Yeti bro says so. All day every day. Never ever ever ever do drugs. The end thank you cuz bro.

• Teachers should check students locker.

My opinion of this is yes, because what if another student is hiding drugs or weapons? Teachers and other staff need to check up on there following students. I'm not saying that all lockers need to be checked, I'm saying that if the teacher[s] get suspicious, they have the right to check.

• To keep the kids safe

While at school, teachers and administrators are responsible for the safety of students. These kids are not yet fully formed adults, they have not yet reached the age where they can fully appreciate the weight of their actions. Locker searches can save lives if the teachers find things like weapons or drugs stowed in there.

• Your 4th amendamnet

You have the right to privacy and an attorney if they are searching you they read you your rights or it wont matter. You have the right to an attorney even if you cant afford one in illegal searches and illegal stops of your own property even if you are on theirs.

• Your 4th amendamnet

• The 4th amendment

The 4th amendment states that unreasonable searches are prohibited by any and all authorities without a search warrant. Ex. You are walking down the hall when you see your teachers going through your locker and when you ask why they state that a computer was stolen and since you use the computers alot then they think it's you. They have no proof or reason to believe you're the thief other than the fact that you use the computers a lot.

• Its really dumb

The fourth amendment clearly states unreasonable search and seizure without a search warrant. So the school is breaking the rules of the constitution. But people say "your rights don't apply in school" so apparently you're forced to go to school and have none of the constitutional rights you were given. It's absolutely ridiculous that they can just search your locker without probable cause.