• Respect comes from Respect

Many adults expect teens to just respect them, without showing the same courtesy. I have seen multiple displays of ignorance coming from those older than me, who believe that because of their age, respect should only be given to them and not vice versa. It's sad but true. If adults were to treat teens more respectfully and trustfully, things could be different. However, in most situations, it's just not the case.

• Teenagers would respect authority if they felt they were treated their age.

I am a teenager myself, and in a debate I know I should not be reffering to personal matters, but the only reason i have to disrespect people is if they disrespect me, or treat me like I am inferior. I strongly believe that if people knew how teenagers wanted to be treated they would understand. I know this is impossible as teenagers needs change continuously but it would improve the way we treated other people.