Do the benefits of the domestic surveillance of the NSA outweigh the harms?

• Yes.. It defnitely outweighs the harm

According to the statistics and research done by pew research center, public says that investigate terrorism even though it intrudes personal privacy. And these programs are continued to be in force only because people support it and it is worth sacrificing privacy for safety and these programs are only concerned for the safety of the people

• The NSA is well managed.

The NSA is judicially supervised. The FBI has to get the court's permission to extract the data, unlike the Bush administration, which used to extract the data unilaterally. The Obama administration changed that. The court has modified the rules several times so that it is ethical. Thanks for listening to my ridiculous argument.

• NSA has public support.

The NSA has led to stopping terror attacks. Even critics don't doubt it. Plus, the public wants to be protected from terrorism. The NSA was created to protect the public, and it has succeeded over 50 times. Some examples are the JFK incident and Najibullah Zazi, an Islamic extremist. We need the NSA.

• The NSA is good!

THE NSA IS GOOD! I ii i i i i i ii i i i i i i i i i ii i i ii ii i i i i ii i i i i i i i i i i ii i i i i i i ii i i

• Yes. We need the NSA

If you have nothing to hide you have nothing to worry about. Do you REALLY want ANOTHER 9/11?!? 2753 people were killed, 343 firefighters and paramedics were killed, 1609 people lost their spouses, and 3051 kids lost their parents. A a a a a n n n n n n.

• It is better to be safe than sorry!

If you have have nothing to hide, you have nothing to fear! It is true. With the NSA, you should not have a single thing to worry about if you are innocent. If you are not innocent, that is why the NSA is there. They will stop you from planning your terrorist attack. This way, the NSA makes the world a better place. The NSA is mainly an agency where they track everything an American does. The things that they track are things such as websites visited, phone calls, emails, and text messages. There are many reasons of why the benefits of domestic surveillance outweigh the harms. One reason is that it follows the Patriot Act. Another reason is that it keeps us safe.

My first reason was that the NSA follows the Patriot Act.According to the Department of Justice, the NSA follows the Patriot Act. Also, the Department of Justice says that the Patriot Act is preserving lives and liberty. The Patriot Act is an act that allows investigators to use tools to investigate organized crime and drug trafficking. The Patriot Act had expired on June 1st this year. It was renewed till 2019. This way, the NSA can definitely do what the agency was made to do.

My second reason was that it keeps us safe. According to the Foreign Policy Journal, President Barack Obama likes the NSA and is DEFENDING it. He has secretly expanded it! If Obama is defending the NSA and expanding it, why is it bad? After all, he is our president. To become president, he had to get elected. To get elected, he had to be a great leader. To be a leader, he had to be smart and make good decisions.
    In conclusion, I affirm that the benefits of domestic surveillance outweigh the harms. My first reason was that NSA follows the Patriot Act. My second reason is that it keeps us safe. The NSA is made for our safety, not for everybody to say it is really bad. Remember, it is better to be safe than sorry!

• In today's world surveillance is a necessary evil

Yes, I believe that the benefits of domestic surveillance greatly out weight the harms. Yes, we all want our privacy, but in the end, National Security should come first. Many of our attacks and security issues are coming from within; they are inside threats. If a camera will stop things like 911 from happening, then it should be executed appropriately.

• Yes I think it is worthwile

I do think the benefits of domestic surveillance outweigh the harms. If it wasn't leaked we wouldn't even know it was going on, yet it has likely saved a lot of possible issues from happening. They are going to spy whether we like it or not so I say let them be open about it so we at least know and go on with life.

• Privacy is a necessary human right

Privacy is a necessary human right, and cannot be outweighed by the idiotic excuse of "national security". The NSA are clueless and have no idea how to stop terrorism. If people can take away our right to privacy, what stops them from taking away our rights to free speech, or due process, or even voting?

• NSA is wrong!

The nsa is doing the wrong thing! They are interfering with our personal lives and can find out about our bank accounts, phone numbers, and even our own address! We will suffer from hacking for the rest of our lives. NSA will cause suffering and misery throughout the land! So do not support N!.... S!....... A!.....

• People have their rights

Hotdog kitty cat i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i am awesome

• No. I do not believe the benefits of domestic surveillance of the NSA outweighs the harms.

No. I do not believe the benefits of domestic surveillance of the NSA outweighs the harms, because it is a violation of our second amendment rights. It should not be tolerated in any capacity. It is a shame that we as Americans have to endure such a blatant violation of our rights.

• No they don't.

I do not believe the benefits of the domestic surveillance of the NSA outweigh the harms. We really don't know if their is any benefit at all from the NSA surveillance because none of their data is known to us. Having all Americans spied on to prevent the harm a few would cause is not justifiable.

• There Are No Benefits

I do not believe the benefits of the domestic surveillance programs from the NSA, outweigh the harms. These programs have not once, stopped a terrorist attack, which is suppose to the biggest benefit to this system. It clearly doesn't fulfill it's purpose, but it does make a mockery of every ones privacy, which is far more harmful.

• The right to privacy trumps all

Americans and citizens around the world deserve the right to privacy. The NSA spying program went far outside the reaches of a normal investigation. The program was reckless and illegal. People should be arrested for the NSA spy program. Federal court even a great that the NSA spying program was illegal.