Do the people in the United States need to demand more of their government?

Asked by: doesntmatter1
  • Government is needed and good.

Over the past 30 years or so, there has been a war on government from the conservatives. Ever since Reagan spoke the words "Government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem.", we have cut back on needed investments in our people. What we need to demand from government is major investments in infrastructure, innovation and technology, research and development, clean energy, education and so on. As long as we think government is "bad," we will fail really prosper.

• Yes, that Congress works!

The nonsense that has gone on with the far right in Congress has brought our government to a near standstill, at the expense of all Americans and all concerns. The people have a right to demand that Congress work and work together, and I hope all those on the right get voted out of office for their inabilities and stubbornness at the high cost to all Americans.

• Yes, they do.

Yes, I would have to agree that people in the United States need to demand more of their government. The United States government seem to barely be able to get anything done and appear to be totally incapacitated. The people of the United States deserve better by their government and deserve a working and ideal society.

• Yes, they do.

The people of the US need to demand more of their government. The government is there for the people, and is supposed to represent the people. Despite this they continue to ignore us, or come up with voting systems where our vote only counts if a person decides they want to vote with the majority. Our votes should be the final say, not someone in office.

• Where is this money coming from?

I don't know, maybe I missed the memo that established the major windfall the government just came upon that raised our country out of $16 trillion debt (and that's just government, total is $54 trillion). Could someone please send it to me? Otherwise I'm confused as to why you think anyone should have the right to demand more out of people's wallets in a time when they are struggling to fund everything from research to handouts.