• If it'll make them safer, yes.

I think that all possible measures should be taken to protect children in public schools so that something like Sandy Hook doesn't ever happen again. If this means police in public schools, then that's what needs to be done. They should stay out of the way for the most part, so as not to scare the students, but their presence in the case of danger is a good idea, I believe.

• These police belong in schools

These police belong in schools because they stop all the drama such as fights,bullies,& drugs the kids do and they are also there to fight the crime in the schools.So these police belong and if parents would treat their kids the right way maybe there would not be police in these schools. Today there is so many people breaking the laws that there are lots of police now and days if people just obeyed the law and were good maybe there wouldn't be so many police now and days.So these police belong and those are the reasons why they belong treat your kids right and maybe they will go away. If it frightens the children keep your children clean and treat them right.

• Sadly it has been politicized.

Not an odd idea, it has merely been politicized. We protect our most valuable asset. There are security guards at banks to protect the money. If you want to walk into a courthouse there will likely be a metal detector and police throughout the building. I believe that I will go uncontested when I say that children are our most important asset, but I figure I will say it anyways. So why not place protection in front of a building with hundreds of our beloved children? There will always be people who want to hurt others, so why leave the most vulnerable among us without any protection when they are densely congregated.

If the argument is that it will place a stigma on the children and make them feel differently about school then let me address that two ways. First, there is security everywhere outside of school (stores, government buildings, police)--even the home can have a security system to protect from wrongdoers, so children are used to this. Second, it is only stigmatizing if you picture the police acting in a stoic and unapproachable way. Many security guards are very friendly, and if they act friendly with the children then I think there would be a bigger psychological effect from a mean teacher than a security guard.

Second, if budget is the issue then our priorities are misaligned to a disgusting level. We have the money to protect a few judges at a courthouse, but not hundreds of children. Seems off to me.

I think the idea has been politicized because those who oppose guns don't want the topic or solution to stray away from gun control. When a different solution is suggested, their support for anti-gun legislation is diluted (I am really not trying to get into that argument, but when you think about it in a non-partisan way, it makes sense.) As a result, many have pushed it off the table of options.

• Police can shoot you with a tazer if you are doing something wrong

People should be good or else there will be a huge punishment like bieng tazered or a small punishment like bieng waced in the head.I i i i i i ii i i i i ii i i i i i i i i i ii i i i i i iii i i ii

• Yes police can help protect

It is not a bad idea to have one or two policemen in public schools. The police are there to serve the community and a public school is part of the community. They can be a good deterant from crime and help to protect the general population in a meaningful way.

• However should not be used in school related offenses.

Police officers have a place in public schools. However, they should not be put in positions by school officials that jeopardize the child or officers. Schools have to understand the place of an officer. Police officers should not be used to enforce schools rules . If used in appropriately as we have seen it can escalated situation, versus de-escalate the situation. Police officers should not be used to remove a student from a class. Schools should have someone in the the building that can relate with that child and have them to comply.

• Q q q q

Q q q q q q q q q q q q q q q q q q q q q q q q q q q q q q q q q q q q q q q q q q q q q q q q q q q q

• Q q q q

• School Police are aggressive with students

Our experience has been that the female officer at
    Sparks High School was acting as if she was dealing with felons. She thought she was there to pick out every little thing. She was not helping by sending more kids to juvenile hall. She was finally embarrassed in court .

• No no no

No jfgdf dfksg fdkfjg fdksjg dskfjg dskfj gsdlkfj gsdlkfj gfsdkfjg sdkfg sdkfjg dskfjg sdkf gjslkdfjgsld gjfslkfgjsldkfjgsldkfjgs lkfjgsdkfg ls glsdfg dlkfjg dkljg dkfg fdk g gjg g gjjg gg g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g !!!!! ! ! ! ! !

• Am writing an opipon paper so imp just writing my poipoin

No because am bad and am to young to die jk because I have a history actually my family does but other wise I say no and I don't want to go to jail and also i have a history a file and this is just an a paper im doing so bye haha

• Police don't belong in the school system

Police in schools was a pipe dream created by the police unions for extra$
    First off not all but probably 90 percent of officers, have that horrible attitude taught in the academy that they are special...Which leads to the God complex most have...Simple fact is they are municipal employees like the teacher or janitor...No more no less none of them were forced or drafted in to their jobs they chose that path...
    They don't belong in schools by any means again they ended up in schools claiming it's a safety issue.....BS it's about money and control.
    Let me assure you , should I ever catch a police person laying a hand on any of my minor children, for any reason...I will pursue them to the ends of the earth, to run them through... Respect police....Please....
    They are criminals with ill perceived authority...

• Schools forget how to discipline.

Our local public school stopped using psychiatric resources to help children with behavioral problems and began calling the school cop. This is an elementary school. The teachers never once considered consistent behavior problems in certain students might be a problem best handled by a licenced therapist or at least a team consisting of teachers, guidance counselors and parents. Discipline problems become police problems. When you have a hammer, all problems look like a nail.