• If it'll make them safer, yes.

I think that all possible measures should be taken to protect children in public schools so that something like Sandy Hook doesn't ever happen again. If this means police in public schools, then that's what needs to be done. They should stay out of the way for the most part, so as not to scare the students, but their presence in the case of danger is a good idea, I believe.

• These police belong in schools

These police belong in schools because they stop all the drama such as fights,bullies,& drugs the kids do and they are also there to fight the crime in the schools.So these police belong and if parents would treat their kids the right way maybe there would not be police in these schools. Today there is so many people breaking the laws that there are lots of police now and days if people just obeyed the law and were good maybe there wouldn't be so many police now and days.So these police belong and those are the reasons why they belong treat your kids right and maybe they will go away. If it frightens the children keep your children clean and treat them right.

• Sadly it has been politicized.

Not an odd idea, it has merely been politicized. We protect our most valuable asset. There are security guards at banks to protect the money. If you want to walk into a courthouse there will likely be a metal detector and police throughout the building. I believe that I will go uncontested when I say that children are our most important asset, but I figure I will say it anyways. So why not place protection in front of a building with hundreds of our beloved children? There will always be people who want to hurt others, so why leave the most vulnerable among us without any protection when they are densely congregated.

If the argument is that it will place a stigma on the children and make them feel differently about school then let me address that two ways. First, there is security everywhere outside of school (stores, government buildings, police)--even the home can have a security system to protect from wrongdoers, so children are used to this. Second, it is only stigmatizing if you picture the police acting in a stoic and unapproachable way. Many security guards are very friendly, and if they act friendly with the children then I think there would be a bigger psychological effect from a mean teacher than a security guard.

Second, if budget is the issue then our priorities are misaligned to a disgusting level. We have the money to protect a few judges at a courthouse, but not hundreds of children. Seems off to me.

I think the idea has been politicized because those who oppose guns don't want the topic or solution to stray away from gun control. When a different solution is suggested, their support for anti-gun legislation is diluted (I am really not trying to get into that argument, but when you think about it in a non-partisan way, it makes sense.) As a result, many have pushed it off the table of options.

• Police can shoot you with a tazer if you are doing something wrong

People should be good or else there will be a huge punishment like bieng tazered or a small punishment like bieng waced in the head.I i i i i i ii i i i i ii i i i i i i i i i ii i i i i i iii i i ii

• Yes police can help protect

It is not a bad idea to have one or two policemen in public schools. The police are there to serve the community and a public school is part of the community. They can be a good deterant from crime and help to protect the general population in a meaningful way.

• Hkhjsdas bnm ashdkjmsab a

Do the police belong in public schools?
    57% Say Yes
    43% Say No
    If it'll make them safer, yes. I think that all possible measures should be taken to protect children in public schools so that something like Sandy Hook doesn't ever happen again. If this means police in public schools, then that's what needs to be done. They should stay out of the way for the most part, so as not to scare the students, but their presence in the case of danger is a good idea, I believe.
    Report Post
    Like Reply13
    These police belong in schools These police belong in schools because they stop all the drama such as fights,bullies,& drugs the kids do and they are also there to fight the crime in the schools.So these police belong and if parents would treat their kids the right way maybe there would not be police in these schools. Today there is so many people breaking the laws that there are lots of police now and days if people just obeyed the law and were good maybe there wouldn't be so many police now and days.So these police belong and those are the reasons why they belong treat your kids right and maybe they will go away. If it frightens the children keep your children clean and treat them right.
    Posted by: chriscoffey Report Post
    Like Reply Challenge22
    Sadly it has been politicized. Not an odd idea, it has merely been politicized. We protect our most valuable asset. There are security guards at banks to protect the money. If you want to walk into a courthouse there will likely be a metal detector and police throughout the building. I believe that I will go uncontested when I say that children are our most important asset, but I figure I will say it anyways. So why not place protection in front of a building with hundreds of our beloved children? There will always be people who want to hurt others, so why leave the most vulnerable among us without any protection when they are densely congregated.

I think the idea has been politicized because those who oppose guns

• Hkhjsdas bnm ashdkjmsab a

Do the police belong in public schools?
    57% Say Yes
    43% Say No
    Report Post
    Like Reply13
    Posted by: chriscoffey Report Post
    Like Reply Challenge22

• Hkhjsdas bnm ashdkjmsab a

Do the police belong in public schools?
    57% Say Yes
    43% Say No
    Report Post
    Like Reply13
    Posted by: chriscoffey Report Post
    Like Reply Challenge22

• School Police are aggressive with students

Our experience has been that the female officer at
    Sparks High School was acting as if she was dealing with felons. She thought she was there to pick out every little thing. She was not helping by sending more kids to juvenile hall. She was finally embarrassed in court .

• I think that they should not

I think that they should not because that would make students that belong in school feel uncomfortable and the school would be such a boring place that kids cant learn right and they cant make friends like their supposed to and so on thing that students need wont get that completly.

• We don't know what they could or would do to us

If they were bad cops, we would be in danger of being abused, shot or anything they make do when we don't know what will happen if we don't do as they say. The unknown factor generates fear and in some cases leads to people not getting their proper education because they are too afraid of the police

• No no no

No jfgdf dfksg fdkfjg fdksjg dskfjg dskfj gsdlkfj gsdlkfj gfsdkfjg sdkfg sdkfjg dskfjg sdkf gjslkdfjgsld gjfslkfgjsldkfjgsldkfjgs lkfjgsdkfg ls glsdfg dlkfjg dkljg dkfg fdk g gjg g gjjg gg g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g !!!!! ! ! ! ! !

• Am writing an opipon paper so imp just writing my poipoin

No because am bad and am to young to die jk because I have a history actually my family does but other wise I say no and I don't want to go to jail and also i have a history a file and this is just an a paper im doing so bye haha