Do Third World countries manipulate droughts for political purposes?

• Droughts can not be manipulated

Third world countries can not manipulate droughts. The leaders of many third world countries are dictators and are corrupt. They will do what they can to funnel aid and help to their country to themselves and for personal gain. Droughts can not be faked are mislead by even the corrupt dictators.

• That is asinine

Third world countries are struggling to meet the needs of their populations, provide food water and shelter. To think that they are simply using droughts for political purposes and not for basic needs is thinking way too much about the problem. The only issue is the people need help, and they need water.

• no, I do not.

I think people over exaggerate the amount of corruption that takes place within most third world countries. In fact, most third world countries are growing economically as we speak, and are gaining quality of life. This drought questions sounds like something dreamed up by a conspiracy theorist who is bored.

• No, I don't think Third World countries manipulate droughts for political purposes.

I do not think that Third World countries manipulate droughts for political purposes. I think that such a tactic isn't really even necessary. It doesn't matter if there is a drought or not, most Third World countries just do not have the basic resources and infrastructure to have their own agriculture industry.

• Third World countries do not manipulate droughts for political purposes.

Third World countries do not manipulate droughts for political purposes. It is not possible to manipulate a weather pattern, much less for political purposes. Droughts are natural occurrences that are most frequently prevalent in arid countries. The most arid countries exist in parts of Africa. These are Third World countries that fall victim to droughts which are out of the control of man.