Do video games really cause bad behavior in children?

Asked by: Rabia1997
  • Yes they do

As myself being a 15 year old,i can clearly tell that when i get too much involved in games i dont care of time,food,people!As this time of my life is most crucial im wasting it in games!Specially the ones such as gta which promote death and drugs!Surely as being a teen i myself i have seen it,experienced it!There is a noticeable change in the behavior,but i think its better if u get outta it before u get too deep in it!But other games which dont have such addictive story lines and stuff like sex and drugs are good :D but kids are driven away to the violent and sex games more!

• Yes they can

Video games contain a lot of violence, our children are being desensitised to this violence, many dont react to death, fighting and killing because they do it all day in their video games.

Also excessive video game playing means they lose time they could be doing other important developmental activities such as playing outside. Exersize, interacting with others and so on.

• Yes they do

As myself being a 11 year old i play lots of video games, and i have had a change is my behavior. I started to get a real bad mouth. Children at a young age are not able to see the different between reality and fiction. When i started playing i didnt care for anything but the video game.

• Well,of course they do!!!

I can see the effects of video games on my friends,classmates and,although I hate to admit it,me...

We have gotten more violent and vulgar,spouting profanities and getting aggressive over minor matters,such as even LOSING TO THE OTHER TEAM IN SOCCER!!So,obviously video games cause bad behavior.If you want to disagree,you better have a VERY GOOD argument.

• Video games are bad for their eyes

A research which had been done by a scientist from Malaysia,Ahmad Anan tells that 89% of children's eyes are effected by the video games and from here we know that video games are bad for children.I think there must be a new law which is, whoever are playing video games should be punished.

• Do not knw

The games cause the bad behavior in a few. Bad behavior may come from many causes. It may be a trait already within you. Probably something that just flows through the family. It can also be the violent video games that kids get attracted to. When the games have a lot of violence for example shooting, killing, and stealing, it can interest many teens out there. When it interests them, they can play on for hours with all the excitement they have, but when they get interested too far, they can go a little over the border. Some kids may want to probably try how it feels to do violence, or others may take it as a fun things to do. There are many reasons why video games, can lead to violence.

• Bad behavior in children really cause bad behavior in children

As myself has been 12 year old i can easily tell that when i get too much involved in games ! I really donot care about food time and as whell as people !As this time of my life is most crucial and i am wasting it in games children cause bad behavior because they copy the beahvioer that they have seen vidio games give option tooo bahave poorly because they see the voilence and belive how the people behave so i do really belive that viedio game really cause bad behavior in children well i do not have .........Any proof the blame place on viedio games or tv is truly discusting for me !!!!!!!! I think that bad behavior caused by bad parenting

• Yes it really causes

Well I don't have any .. Proof.
    But I've read stories in newspapers and on TV, about teenagers going into their school with a gun, and killed .. I don't know. Several People
    Have you watched a documentary made by Mandy Moore ? I think it was him.
    He made a documentary about how many people are killed by guns in America.
    And it was a sick number compared to all other countries.
    You should watch it, it was good :)
    But yeah, there have been episodes of school shootings, and I have to say that often in because of serious bullying, but I also heard that video games can have a serious affect on children.
    And I saw another documentary, a danish one.
    The doctors had two groups of children (9 - 12 years old maybe)
    In each group there were about 15 children.
    They all got a thing tapped onto their shirts (I don't know what it was, a heartbeat thing)
    Group 1 should sit and play a violent video game, while group 2 were asked to read a children's book.
    After 20 minutes they were all asked to watch a violent episode on the news.
    Then the doctors compared the difference in the heart beats from when they played the game/read the book - to the violent episode on the screen.
    And there were results showing, that the group reading books were really surprised and their heartbeats clearly changed.
    While the group playing the games were not so surprised by the violent news.
    I don't know if that proves anything, but I don't think that children should be getting used to watching violent scenes. That is not healthy for a child.
    Also they made another test.
    They took a group of children who played video games very often, and then they took another group with children who were not used to playing video games. Girls and boys were included in both groups.
    Then they should go into an office, we're they would meat a man, whom they were told was a teacher. But he was really an actor.
    The teacher would ask them a few questions, and 'accidentally' dropped a box full of pencils in it.
    The group with children who were not used to play video games, they all helped the teacher to find all the pencils and clean up the office.
    While only 2 out of 20 from the group who were used to play video games helped the teacher.
    I think that proves enough to me, but I understand if you don't think that's evidence :)

• They definatly cause bad behaviour

Well I don't have any .. Proof.
    You should watch it, it was good :)
    Also they made another test.
    I think that proves enough to me, but I understand if you don't think thats evidence :)

• The games cause the bad behavior in a few.

Bad behavior may come from many causes. It may be a trait already within you. Probably something that just flows through the family. It can also be the violent video games that kids get attracted to. When the games have a lot of violence for example shooting, killing, and stealing, it can interest many teens out there. When it interests them, they can play on for hours with all the excitement they have, but when they get interested too far, they can go a little over the border. Some kids may want to probably try how it feels to do violence, or others may take it as a fun things to do. There are many reasons why video games, can lead to violence.

• Depends on the situation

Now however "bad behavior" is defined here, I'd say they can cause it, but that doesn't mean they actually do.
    It depends on the situation. If let a 10-year old play games with excessive violence and questionable morals actions, surely that is going to have a rather negative impact. But if you give the kid a game that is appropriate for its age, then this won't cause any harm. Considered you also make sure it doesn't spent too much time playing video games.
    You can't just say video games, by there nature, cause bad behavior.
    You have to make sure the kids play only for a limited time and only games they can understand. There is a reason video games have an age rating and a parental advisory sticker.
    So you can't blame the games or their developers, but rather the parents that let it happen and don't care what they're kids are doing. Now, of course there are ways for the children to get the games via internet or from friends without the parents knowing about it, and I don't say you should spy on your kids, but if you actually care about how much time your kids spent in front of the PC/ gaming console, that usually prevents the worst.
    To sum it up, excessive and inappropriate playing of video games can and likely will have a negative impact on behavior, as almost any other activity has, too, but if you do it in a healthy way, then it won't cause any harm.

• There exist two extremes on this issue.

One extreme is people who pretend that there is absolutely nothing wrong with games and that they don't contribute to any bad behaviors. The other extreme? Well, those people manage to really take the cake in absolutely destroying every little bit of their credibility. The last time we had this topic a rather gigantic proportion of people arguing that they did cause bad behavior in children weren't so much arguing that video games can cause some legitimate behavior problems, but that they cause people to commit murder. We can't just have an actual dialogue about video games and their issues, no, we have to fly right off the handle and accuse them of playing a part in people being killed.

You know, here's a little lesson on thinking critically: You can't just randomly list off something someone did as a hobby before they commited the murder and assume that it had any relevance. 'Oh no, mister Jim murdered some guy and he was playing a video game before hand!'

Complete gibberish. I'm pretty sure he did a great number of things besides playing video games before he murdered someone. Like, maybe he had sex, maybe he baked some muffins, maybe he had lucky charms for breakfast, or maybe he even listened to some pop music. What, would you ever blame Lucky Charms for him committing an act of homicide/murder if he just so have happened to eat it before hand? No, you wouldn't. Because that logic is absolutely absurd.

And you know, I've heard this song before. Really, I am no stranger. The media loves their sensationalist trash and they've always been using some art form or hobby as a scape goat. Heavy metal causes people to commit suicide! DND causes people to become delusional and murder people! Rock and Roll is the music of the devil! Derp Derp Derp Dee Derp.

If there is one issue video games do bring, it would be that they haven't done our attention spans or our patience any favors. But, I would be willing to argue that games alone aren't at fault in this. Computers too are like this. When your brain gets stimulation or when an action gets instantaneous input, then of course we have higher standards in how quickly we can receive information. A teacher goes on and on about a subject for an hour versus a video game or the internet being straight on point in a matter of minutes.

Society just doesn't have the patience it used to have. T.V, internet, and video games have all played their fault, and we simply cannot blame one of them.

• No, probably not.

There's no evidence suggesting that video games cause children to become violent. It's just...There are so many people who play violent games that there is a high probability that at least one person will have a predisposition to violence. Saying video games cause people to become violent is akin to saying driving a car turns people into drunk drivers who kill people.

• ,nj uhb b yu

J j h h h hh h h h hh hh h h hh jh j j h h jj hn h j h j h j b h h hh h hj j j j j j j jj j j jj j jj j j j jj j

• It depends if your'e talking about a ten year old playing a violent game versus an eighteen year old playing violent games.

I personally think that ten year olds(until your'e sixteen or something around that age) should not play GTA until required age. I also have noticed that parents who have divorced give the kid video games to cope. I understand that to cope they need something that they can get REALLY in-depth with but don't give them 17+ games. Eighteen year olds and seventeen year olds are mature enough to have those games because they've learned by then.

• No no no

No no no no no no no nnon on non no non nnf ln nvn scjhj adknk cxnkcschi ikxj kc jsf dj j a s dsd d ff hg f a sd f fg g g g g g fiofjop df dd df dd s df f ff ff f

• No no no

• It's not true!

I'm one of those people who just happens to have a mother who puts absolutely every bad aspect of my behavior down to "too much video games" for example I say a sarcastic remark. I fully disagree. It is merely coincidental that certain game-players have bad behavior and anyone who thinks otherwise really isn't that bright.

• Don't cause anything

A a a a a a a a a A's a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a A's a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a

• I think that videogames are not better!

I think that there are kids who have negative behavior from the video games because what else would be the reason of this effect.Video games have to put some effects on kids the kids dont just walk around commiting harmful affects.AM I CORRECT OR NOT!I HAVE REALLY STRONG FEELINGS FOR VIDEO GAMES!