• Yes because studies have shown if you play violent video games you have bad behavior.

I agree with this because every time you play a violent video game, you change. You keep talking about and don't stop. At school your education grades will fall because you keep wanting to play it and don't bother paying attention. The graphics are so real that it seems you are there and holding the remote like a real gun. Also you get points when you kill a person on COD and then you might want to get real life points. You get so much into the game that you want to play it so much to you will do anything to try and shoot a real gun.

• Here are some examples

•A 13-year old boy jumped from the building’s 24th floor and committed suicide after playing Warcraft III for 36 hours straight.
    •A teenager went on a rampage and killed three men, two of them police officers, after months of playing Grand Theft Auto.
    •A 17-year-old male killed his mother and wounded his father after they took Halo 3 away from him.
    •A 15-year old ran away from home after his parents took his Xbox console away. His dead body was found almost a month after.
    •Two kids murdered 13 and wounded 23 before turning the gun on themselves acting out their own version Doom.

• I believe that violent video games do cause behavior problems.

Kids go crazy when they lose especially when you need to kill someone, so if you die on games like Black Ops kids say DIE DIE DIE! Other games that are not violent, kids do not say DIE. They think like humans and think problems through. Smart kids don't play violent video games.

• Yes, Violent video games are bad for behavior.

While people are playing video games, you're putting them in a violent and brutal environment. If you take video game statistics and put them into real life, it's pretty scary.
    For example,

• The lastest Black Ops game has had over 916 million hours played which is a little more than 104,000 years
    • 83,000 people die every minute in the game which means in six days, there would be no one left in the world.
    • There has been over 106 billion deaths in Black Ops 2 that’s equivlent to 98% of humans that have ever exsisted.
    • In the comparison that the United States pays 300 million dollars a day in the war in Iraq and Afghanistan, one hour of play on Black Ops 2 costs 1,362,086,600 dollars.
    • The Us Army uses 1.5 billion rounds every year and Black Ops 2 uses 1.5 billion rounds in 17 hours.
    While people are playing video games they are not thinking about the damage they are causing, and their behavior totally changes. People defend violent video games and identify them as "stress relievers". They are not stress relievers at all. If people are so into the game they are playing, they will feel like it is real life. I have seen my cousins played violent video games and if they ever lost they freaked out. They also think of the main characters as role models and want to be just like them. And its's pethetic

• some people can be so stupid!!

Do people not even watch the news?!?!?!? I mean come on look at the suspect who killed all of those little kids at Sandy Hook Elementary!!! That suspect might even of played violent games!! I have a little brother and before he started playing violent video games he was the sweetest brother.. But now that he has played those types of games.. He has begun to slap people in the face, kick them, and many other things. He is only 11 years old and he is playing 17 and older games!!!! YOU CANNOT TELL ME THAT VIOLENT GAMES DO NOT CAUSE BEHAVIOR PROBLEMS!!!!! TRY ME!!!!

• Yes they do cause behavior problems, and I'll provide examples.

Here are some examples

•A 13-year old boy jumped from the building’s 24th floor and committed suicide after playing Warcraft III for 36 hours straight. •A teenager went on a rampage and killed three men, two of them police officers, after months of playing Grand Theft Auto. •A 17-year-old male killed his mother and wounded his father after they took Halo 3 away from him. •A 15-year old ran away from home after his parents took his Xbox console away. His dead body was found almost a month after. •Two kids murdered 13 and wounded 23 before turning the gun on themselves acting out their own version Doom.

• School shootings for example.

Yes, school shootings are most likely from video games, it has been proven that the people who open fire are gamers or are addicted to playing violent games. It fuels their minds and urges or gives them the idea telling the mind that it is okay to do things like that. If you have all that exposure to computerized violence and they go on rampages thinking "If I see this on TV, it's okay for ME to do as a person". It is exactly how that mind works.

• Death caused by this.

Video games do have a huge effect on many unsuspecting kids. The power a character possesses makes him super strong and he starts killing people. The poor little kid will envy his power and try to be like him/her. Therefore, the little kid ending up killing someone or hurting someone badly.

• I know they do from personal experience.

One of my clients played a Game called Driver 3. This caused her to become more violent to her family. Ditching school and going out smoking were also behaviors that started after playing this game. I do think games can cause a difference in a child's behavior, and I think there needs to be some regulations put in place.

• They are detrimental to teens' minds and society.

Are the murders of innocent committed because some kids play games? Teenagers should not be permitted to buy violent video games due to the fact that it corrupts their minds and causes them to act out in negative ways. Many depressing incidents have happened in the past, and to stop them from happening in the future, we must take action.

Teenagers spend their free time playing violent video games. Research shows that boys play 13 hours of them a week and girls tend to play 5. Even if we may not realize it, it is detrimental to their minds and society. Since they were little, kids have been exposed to aggressive behavior in the games that they play. When this sadistic image of life is placed in their minds over and over again, it desensitizes them.

When these kids become teenagers, they are not sensitive to the world around them. Their minds are corrupted by the rubbish that they used to occupy themselves in when they were younger. In the Sandy Hook Elementary School Shooting, about two dozen innocent children were mercilessly murdered by a young man in his twenties. Why? Because the shooter’s mind had been corrupted so much that his psychology had been negatively affected.

We should put an end to this damaging behavior. By letting our children play violent video games, we are destroying their minds. We should protect them, and protect our society. By banning the sale of aggressive games, we are helping our world.

• I play video games and I am smart.

I am 18 I have been playing call of duty for 10 years and I am in the honor roll in my school. I have won 3 spelling bees and have been MVP on my soccer team for 2 months straight. I have friends, no enemies, and I am not a violent person. Never have been, never will be.

• People be stupid.

I play violent video games all the time so do my friends and we don't go around shooting people! If you think violent video games cause violent crimes then you are more stupid than you may have thought. Just because a person plays violent video games doesn't make them a psychopath. If a person wants to murder someone then they will!

• Video games do not make people violent.

If video games have a impact on our behavior, then do singing games make us better singers? Why doesn't Mario make us eat mushrooms and destroy blocks to make magic coins appear and shoot fire from our hands? Do cooking games make our cooking better? My result - video games have a small chance of making you violent.

• We are not a nation of killers

Violent video games do NOT cause behaviour problems. You don't need to conduct a scientific study to figure that out, because the answer is as plain as the sun in the sky. If violent video games DID cause behaviour problems, then we'd have a world filled with uncontrollable criminals running amok, destroying property and causing harm to people. Since we have not descended into anarchy as a result of the existence of violent video games, the answer is clearly NO.

• I have played many violent games and have not acted violently.

I have been playing Grand Theft Auto since San Andreas was released and I haven't killed anyone! I'm not thinking about killing anyone either! Shooting someone in a video game will not make you want to shoot someone in real life. If that logic worked, then would that mean that if I played an NFL video game, I would become a professional NFL player?

• Parents are to blame.

People think violent video games affect their children, but did they discipline their child correctly? Did they show little or no love to their children? Did they teach their children what is right and what is wrong? If you taught your child correctly, then there won't be these problems. Thank you.

• My entire life.

Being a 16 year old boy, I have heard these issues multiple times, whether they be on the news or this website. I have been playing violent games,including GTA, since I was 5 and admittedly got into fights when I was younger (grades 3-5) but I have no criminal record and am honestly the biggest wimp I know, sadly, and would not hurt anyone so when I read these I find it hard to believe that violent video games in particular cause violence.

• Video Games do way more good than bad

Videos games are pretty much stress releivers to the world. Anything thats wrong with someone, namely violence, Is the PARENTS fault not video games Parents who complain about their kids being violent probably aren't very good parents looking for an easy excuse like the video games they bought for their kids.

• I disagree

I am a 16 year old gamer and i have been playing tekken, mortal kombat, and other violent games since i was 5 and yet i have not had a single behavior problem. video games are stress relievers to many gamers that have problems irl now if you still argue with fact then start a debate im down for one

• No; in my experience, video games do not increase violence.

My brother, my friends and I play Call of Duty all the time. We are just the same as we used to be. I'm only 14 and I don't think these kind of games affect any of us kids. You can actually learn a lot about war or the history of things. So no, video games are not violent, unless you are playing Grand Theft Auto. Stealing cars and killing people for no reason could make you very violent.

Anonymous says2013-02-26T20:28:04.333
It depends who playing the games sometime people with mental problems it maybe change their behavior but normal people it shouldn't effect them
Anonymous says2013-03-06T17:54:57.743
That's like saying that people just shouldn't play video games at all, if you're saying that they shouldn't play "violent" video games. Most games nowadays contain some sort of character violence. Yes, even those Mario games you may have used to play on your Nintendo 64, or currently, Wii U. For instance, those blue shell powerup/items in certain versions of Mario Kart can be used to "hurt" one's target, and also slow them down (it never killed them).

And anyway, I don't think we can blame video games on what sorts of things happen, like the Sandy Hook shooting, or the Aurora Theater shooting. Just as I believe that taking away guns completely won't benefit anyone. Keep in mind that some of the people behind theses things are more than likely mentally ill.
Anonymous says2013-03-22T13:30:29.363
too much information!
Anonymous says2013-04-10T23:49:36.527
It cant be the kids fault for playing these games its the parents fault for letting them play it in the first place
Anonymous says2013-04-12T02:24:18.527
Why do people think thats it bad violonce causing peoples behaviour? Couldn't help eye cordinations or even improve their grades?
Anonymous says2013-05-20T15:48:18.597
There is no such thing as normal..Parenting has everything to do with the parents and how they are teaching their children if they are even teaching them anything, like wrong from right, good from bad. If the children that are isolated start playing these violent games then they could also learn from those violent behaviors in the games because their parents havnt talked to them about it. Or if they even have those type of games in their home, they could go to friends houses and play violent games and come home with a bad attitude and violent behavior because they think its alright because their friends are acting that way, so it must be okay right? No, not at all. I think that all these violent video games affect the teenage brain to do so as they play.
Anonymous says2013-05-21T19:29:45.450
I am 16 years of age, I have been playing GTA and Call Of Duty for a while, I am a kind and loving person and I always will be. I side with no because I have known my friends before and after they have been playing these games, they are perfectly fine. We also have a TAG Program (Talented and Gifted) And can you guess what I have observed? All the kids in that program (That are guys) play these games for hours on end. (there is also this one kid who gets mad really easily, but that's only because he has a very short fuse and his parents are the same way) Video games aren't to blame. The parents that raise the kids are.
Anonymous says2013-06-04T15:29:13.443
I've been playing violent games since the age of 5. I have never gotten into a fight, never got into drugs, never even had detention. I graduate college, got a career in software engineering, and I'm fiscally responsible. I still play violent games to this day.
Quan says2013-06-05T18:47:12.937
I think it's less about video games causing behavioural problems and more about existing behavioural problems being reflected in our choice of entertainment. Though even that may be going out on a limb. Virtually every one under 30 is regularly exposed to this kind of entertainment without exhibiting any unusually violent tendencies.
Anonymous says2013-06-10T09:54:15.097
I feel that it depends on the child and whether they can distinguish between what is right and real and what is wrong and fake. If they can, then they can play all the horrible games and still understand that games are not reality, and not become aggressive.They may distance their mind from the emotions and thoughts they have when they play the games when they don't play them.
Anonymous says2013-09-06T08:13:50.603
It depends on who is playing and the maturity of the child i know that many young children at my school are sensible enough to handle the violence of some games. However it also depends on how long the child is playing if they are addicted and the way they seem to behave in general.
Josh_b says2013-12-21T03:39:43.157
Nobody want to hear that what they are doing is bad. Especially if the thing that they are doing is giving them encouragement. Gamers are winning achievements all the time, racking up mass points and honing their thumb skills. Big companies certainly enjoy people using their products and talking about them time and time again. Then there are still these huge amounts of people saying, "Hey, the behavior in that game is not right. Kids are acting more like the characters in the game- violent and disrespectful."

Well, who would want to listen that? Big time gamers say things like "Max Payne gives me achievements, I'll do what he wants me to do, I know where to draw the line, so he doesn't control my whole life. I can differentiate what he believes from what I believe." The next thing you know, the power of suggestion has kicked in and the old belief system is intermingled with the unwanted belief system and the brain can no longer differentiate whose beliefs are whose and the player personifies all of the beliefs in his daily life. People on the outside aren't affected by the abnormal belief systems, they just recognize the behavioral shifts of the players. Occums Razor teaches us to find the simplest cause and deem it the most likely. Parents notice this change happens consistently when certain video games are played, and they quit letting their kids play those games. That should be enough right? Parent intervention. But what about the kids who don't have parents that are controlling and dominating in their life? What happens to them? Do they just have to grow up and blame society because that's what society taught them?

If you are one of those people who say, "I'm not affected by it," I encourage you to take a poll from your close friends concerning your behavior. Alcoholics are identified by their peers long before they are willing to admit it themselves. Please, keep that in mind when you ask your friends and take what they say seriously. It could change your life, but if they say your fine, well congratulations it really doesn't affect you.
spiderman12345 says2014-01-29T19:04:05.270
Omg stop believing in the news the news just blames video games