Do violent video games contribute to youth violence?

• Violent video games contribute to youth violence.

It has been shown that violent video games can encourage young people to act violently. Children are immature and they cannot always tell the difference between real life and the fantasy world they see in video games. Many kids unconsciously become violent after repeatedly seeing violence on the video games screen.

• Mirror neurons Working

Mirror neurons are brain cells that act for peoples' empathy to other. In video games, people have a chance to kill people or other creatures within feeling empathy to those who are killed. If people play video games a lot, it desentizes their mirror neurons and people think killing's fine.

• Yes, they do contribute to youth violence.

Have you ever watched a child play violent video games? If so, you probably know that after a while of playing they start to think they are actually in the game and sometimes they almost lose their sanity, example: DIE! DIE! DIE! Something you would usually hear them say. I believe that killing is wrong, and therefore they should put a higher age rating on violent video games

• Children lose their sense of reality vs. Fiction

As a parent who recently removed rated M games from our home due to aggressive behaviors in our 8 year old, I believe that his obsession with Call of Duty, Modern Warfare, and other first person shooter games did in fact contribute to his aggression towards his family. Most importantly, himself and his 3 yr old brother. I believe that his lack of reality-based cognisance led him to make decisions to lash out not understanding that this is real life.

• Omg the ignorance

There have been tests upon tests done with the result being no, video games do not make kids more violent. If the game is poorly coded, or unfair, then possibly, but that is beside the point. I wish the ignorant new how to educate themselves on this matter, so annoying.

• Yes they do

If you play violent video games you start following the behaviours of the people in the game. Is it because you think you'll be cool?
    58% of the people enow said that video games don't make you more aggressive but research has proven that your theory is false!
    Thank you!

• Yes they do

Thank you!

• Would You Kindly...?

All media has influence, and while the majority of young gamers are not obviously affected by violence in gaming, direct exposure to "rated-M" material can yield devastating results when introduced to an emotionally disturbed or imbalanced child.

Parents should use careful discretion when deciding whether or not to allow violent games for their children, taking both maturity of the child and level of violence into consideration.

• Yes it does.

Kids who play the violent games are pretty violent they talk about shooting people and guns also killing people. I have heard people a.K.A young kids talk about killing shooting and other violent things. I think that violent games can contribute to youth violence and kids can be more violent.

• Indeed videos are one source that contribute

I work for LAUSD with middle school. I work with a bunch of boys right now and most of them love playing video games where there is a lot of killing and violence. One of the first things that comes out of their mouths is how easy it is for them to kill, shoot or beat someone up. Some of them even pretend like they are holding guns, and they point them as if they are shooting at a target. Please do not tell me that violent video games do not have some kind of negative effect on them. Everything has some kind of effect on a person and because video games are what is consuming their little brains right now and for a long time to come then that's what is going to contribute to their behaviors good or bad. I truly doubt if it will be good though.

• No They Don't

The idea that violent games create violence is the opposite of my theory. I believe that violence is vented on violent video games when played; to play these games lets anger out and for me at least replaces any violence and anger with just a fun happy mood which both i my brother and most of my friends agree.

• Video Games Dont Kill! Lag Does!

I play violent videogames And I Dont Want to Repeat anything I see, Nor do the games Put in a Crazy or Grumpy Mood. But What does get Me and Other People Mad Or Angry Is the Thing called "Lag" Where the game Slows Because of certain Reasons. Thats what is Making Our country violent.

• Video games create "rage" not acts of violence.

As a gamer myself and someone whos listened in on others get killed in various violent game titles. I can honestly say games make players rage (being mad at themselves for failing, the "slow" internet connection, their team mates for not doing their job, or at the game itself for being broken). I have NEVER seen someone play Grand theft auto and then later go outside to commit the same crimes they just did in game. I love grand theft auto but i would never even consider killing someone just for cash.

• Violent Video Games Are Awesome!

Violent Video Games do NOT Contribute to youth violence. Every little boy already loves to fight....They all love rough and tumble play. In my opinion, violent video games take the place of physical violence . Also, if all violent video games make your child violent, then all sport video games make your child great athletes!

• I am perfectly fine.

I play violent video games all the time, I am not violent at all. I never bully, I always act appropriately. There is nothing wrong with me, I am not affected by violent video games at all. I play first-person-shooters and I never get tempted to attack people at all.

• No They Don't!

I'm a 15 year old and I've played some of the most gruesome and brutal games like Mortal Kombat, The Evil Within, The Last of Us as well as GTA V and I've never wanted to repeat any of the things that I've seen. Violent video games actually made me less violent. It's not really violent video games that make young people violent it's their behavior as well as their mental stability.

• Video games do not cause violence, kids cause violence.

The kid should know not to go and beat someone up. The violence on video games are virtual. It is simply fantasy violence. Also if the kids are not mature enough to know that, then why do parents buy it for them? It simply relies on the maturity of the child , and the responsibility of the parent.

• Mirror neurons Working

• Omg the ignorance

• No, Violent Video games have nothing to do with Youth Violence

Most parents let their kids play violent video games, and that is okay because they make sure their kids know it is only a simulation and that real violence is unacceptable. Also all video games at least have some violence in them, even Mario Kart! So if it was a problem, almost no video games would be able to be played by kids. The people that believe it does make kids violent are over exaggerating, kids aren't stupid enough to bring a gun to school because of a video game.