• I am proof of it

I remember when I was a lot younger, I got cod modern warfare 2. I thought it was the best thing since sliced bread. However, after we got the game, my brother and I got into at least five times the amount of fights than we had before. We both played it. After a while, we stopped playing it, regarding the violence. After about a week, we stopped fighting. Coincidence? No, definitely not. I believe that the voting is about subtle hints of more anger than usual, not like other people on this site that say that they dont feel like going out and shooting someone. This isnt about the extreme.

• I am proof of it

• They should not

This is crazy! Parents shouldn't be buying these kids these games in the first place. First of all, violent video games were made for adults who want to get away from reality and play a violent fantasy. Secondly, children's minds are really open and their imagination can't handle such concepts and it causes them to turn violent and react the way the video game reacts. Finally, children play games a lot so by playing these games, the more the game will control their mind and they will act on it. And then they do it

• The violent video games seem to get kids away from life.

It seems like the kids think it gets them away into their own little world but it doesn't. These video games actually seem to slow them down from school. I actually go to school in the eighth grade doing a report and their is a lot of students who play more video games than worry about school. Kids don't realize that it is one of the main reasons that they flunk the grade.

• Changing your kid?

When your kid watches or plays video games it makes them so connected that they want to be like that character. This can change your kid by making them negatively behaved and can change a sweet kid into a violent kid. Try to give them wrestling games instead if they want to see fighting so it can give him/her some kind of sport.

• This is crazy!

Parents shouldn't be buying these kids these games in the first place. First of all, violent video games were made for adults who want to get away from reality and play a violent fantasy. Secondly, children's minds are really open and their imagination can't handle such concepts and it causes them to turn violent and react the way the video game reacts. Finally, children play games a lot so by playing these games, the more the game will control their mind and they will act on it.

• I isn't just video games it is who they hang out with that sets the example for them to follow.

I play violent video games all of the time and they haven't effected me. Like i said before it is the people they hang out with that sets the example for them to do in the future. So say they hang out with drug users than they will be a drug user because they got pulled into it

• Violent video games does not effect child behavior

The thought that video games does something like effect child behavior is pretty absurd. Adults think that because kids are shown something violent that they will act that way. The truth is that kids behave the way they do because they make those choices themselves. If adults are worried about showing their kid violent games then they should be paying attention to the ratings of the games, which they neglect most of the time.

• I play violent games all the time.

I have been playing video games of the violent nature for the majority of my life, I would say since I was 5 or so years old. I am 16 now. I have exhibited no excessive violent behavior above the norm, and have never connected the games to reality. I have always, even as a 5 year old, understood that video games are not reality and that it is morally wrong to do many of the things I might so in games in real life. The reason I knew the difference? My parents taught me the difference BEFORE they let me ever play the games, that way they knew I could handle the difference. The issue is normally not with the games, but with the parenting style, most parents just see games as a babysitter, and not as a simple form of entertainment.

• That is not right

I have played violent video games for years now. They do not want to make me jump off a building into a haystack or go into outer space and kill aliens. This is just absurd. I think that the kids' parents should have the right to choose whether or not their kids can play violent video games.