• Total War inevitably leads to total destruction

With the fairly recent development of Weapons of Mass Destruction, having absolutely no limits on their use -- that is, waging Total War with them -- would lead to a completely devastated wasteland for all parties involved. Restrictions in war -- specifically, abiding by Just War theory -- significantly limits both combatant and non-combatant casualties.

• The best they can

Many people believe that everything should go when fighting a war. After all, both sides of the military troops are trying to kill each other off. If there was no war rules, the civilian death would get way out of hand. Of course, many countries still do not follow any war rules. The ones that do, are the ones that keep civilian deaths to a minimum.

• Yes, war rules minimize civilian casualties.

Yes, I definitely think that war rules minimize civilian casualties. I think that a lot of the rules and regulations regarding wars and the war zone help to make sure that as little as civilian lives in certain areas are put in danger as possible. I think that such rules are important

• Yes, I think war rules minimize civilian casualties.

Civilian deaths will happen no matter what during war but with some set established rules that both sides agree to the number of deaths is reduced by these rules, I think we would see much greater death counts and more destruction if the war was a free for all and villages and cities not involved were destroyed.

• Wars bring no good

- About 102 years ago we experienced the World War I in the Balkan City. More than 70 million military personnel, including 60 million Europeans, were mobilized, Over 9 million combatants and 7 million civilians died as a result of the war. One of the most profound effects of World War I was the embrace of fragmentation or disunity that embraced so much of the world outside of the First World War. The war was something where nothing really substantial positive or productive emerged. Europe was completely crippled from the emotional, political, and psychological costs of the War. Each nation was forced to rebuild from virtually nothing. Well I really can’t understand how one can enjoy the victory or freedom when there is nothing actually left for them.

• War rules are ineffective

I do not believe that war rules minimize civilian casualties. Terrorists and tyrants do not have a good track record at following the war rules. We, as Americans, tie our hands behind our backs and yet are still beholden to the rules made by those who would not actually fight.