Do war toys and games make children violent and aggressive?

• Violent games make kids violent.

This is definitely true! So many people in America go on "killing sprees" and kill dozens of people. All these killers were influenced by violent videos games. The facts prove it.
    Sure, if a child is brought up in a good environment, they may not feel the need to be aggressive but what if children are not always brought up this way?? They WILL become aggressive, there is no doubt about it.

• Yes, war toys and games make children violent and aggressive.

I believe that war toys and games make children violent and aggressive. I think violent videos and violent video games especially make kids aggressive. Children can easily kill people or blow up buildings by passively operating a remote control. And to make matters worse they think all the blood, guts and gore are really cool. They are totally removed from the fact that they are taking human lives all in the name of fun.

• Yes, absolutely. They are very dangerous!

I have been doing research on this argument. It was actually my homework for school. And I have been looking at the evidences I have. Well and if I combine all of my evidences it proves that it does. It just doesn't affect you, it affects other people, too. When you get violent, you can cause fights and make other people be violent by fighting back with you. Thank you for reading. Wish you like my opinion. They are just a little game thing but on the future you won't like it. You will all blame it on the violent games you have played.

• Yes, war toys and games make children violent and aggressive

Yes, I think that war toys and games make the youngster violent and aggressive. The war video games like vice city, call of duty, street fighter or any other video games snippt its image on children mind and minor effect on there behavior. A gun toys make toys more aggressive. My personal point of view that you should prefer to play those toys and games which help him to encourage his knowledge, power like kids learning laptop, Rubik's cube, puzzle games.

• Are you saying we should ban Nerf Guns

I am a sister and I have great fun with my brothers outside having Nerf wars. Parents can put a limit on things like this too for example: below the waist and 10 metres away to shoot. I have so much fun and do not believe that ALL children go ballistic as adults because of these toys. They have mental problems or family issues it is not always the toys that make them aggressive.

• Does not make kids violent!

Video games are simply games and not reality. My teen has been playing violent video games for years and has never had any violent tendency what so ever. It is up to the parent to make sure the children understand what real weapons can do and that these are not to be used against people as a way to release anger.

• They don't , they just improve their cognition

I can say this from my experience.When I was a child, I played a lot with toy pistols and I have never experienced any violent tendencies developing in me ever. It is just a propaganda tool to say so that war toys and games are making children violent and aggressive.

• No it does not

It actually does not, as there are a few studies that show that it actually does the exact opposite, and decreases their violence and aggressiveness. Because it appeals to their instincts, and can help them vent in a somewhat healthy way. It also decreases violence due to the fact that they can help release any negative emotions, without harming others, and not to mention the fact that it is normal for aggressiveness to occur with children.

• No, they only tap into a child's natural inclination.

It is normal for toys and games to turn aggressive with children at times because children's play reflects society and even what is seen in the home, or around them, and children don't grow up in bubbles, so they mimic what they see. But war toys and games in and of themselves don't turn children violent.

• War toys and games do not make children violent.

While I as a mother, don't allow my children to have play guns, I don't think they necessarily promote violence. Children are smarter than we give them credit for. If they are taught correctly, they will have well rounded lives and not go out and kill or abuse people. They are a product of their environment.