• Yes, they're just animals.

Humans are so much more evolved than other animals that I think it's fair to consider human life as distinct from lesser animals. Relatively, human life is more valuable than animal life and deserves certain, unalienable rights. Humans are capable of reason and spirituality; they have the only mind which is aware of itself; they can feel emotions. Animals, in contrast, lack all of those things. We should not make equal what Nature has made unequal.

• How about a pet?

Pets are animals - When we buy a pet, it is our responsibility to look after them. By looking after them, we provide food, shelter, comfort and happiness. A pet is a living thing to keep company and to have fun with. Pets are our companion and they are loyal to us. Why should we treat them badly?

• Hell Yes We Do

Contrary to what people say and think, animals are not our equal. We shouldn't care about their well-being any more than they care about our well-being. Do you think that when a lion is hunting a gazelle that it is concerned about the life of that gazelle? Hell No! It's simply thinking "i'm hungry and there's a delicious-ass gazelle right there." The lion is superior to the gazelle just as humans are superior to animals. We have complete dominion over them.

• Hell Yes We Do

• Hell Yes We Do

• Dogs cow horse

They don't live as long as they do each dog is different now because most people mix . Cow get killed by a machine every sec we not gonna have any cows left. Horses there start killing we are not gonna have any for horse racing . . . .

• People care far too much

Humanity's only moral obligation is the betterment of humanity. This desire to protect animals only hinders development and wastes our limited resources. I would feel much better if my taxes went to fixing the issues in our society than on prosecuting animal abusers. Furthermore, the argument that we wouldn't survive without animals is invalid; of course one species won't survive without all the others, but no species would survive if all the others were removed. Yelling "It's murder!" is not a valid argument, what constitutes murder is subjective, same for cruelty. All the pro-caring-for-animals arguments are blinded by the fact that they already care for animals. Saying "it's cruel" is not a valid reason for me caring, I would only consider it cruel if I already cared, you are not telling me why I should consider it cruel.

• Yes we do

Sitting in McDonald's, I ask my friend this question. She replies yes and starts a full on rant about the welfare of animals whilst holding a chicken burger in her hand. Oh the irony. Sowhat I'm trying to say is, before you protest for animal rights, I guess a look at your own life is pretty necessary.

• We are obsessed with animals.

I love my dog, and I will protect and care for him always. However, if someone held a gun to my head and asked me to choose between my dog and a human life, I would sadly say goodbye to him. Because we are human, and while animals are a fascinating and wonderful addition to our lives, humans should be our first concern.
    My biggest problem in this question is that people donate SO much more money to animal causes than to saving the CHILDREN in our world. Very screwed priorities.

• Yes, we do.

I support animal welfare, but giving them rights without any responsibility is just plain discriminatory towards humans. If an animal can't handle the responsibilities that come with their rights, then there is none for them.
    Welfare is another thing. We must care about the well being of the animals we use, but not to the point of not being allowed to employ animals. Everyone suffers, even us.

Posted by: Rafe
  • Definitely not. Animals aren't just dogs, people!!!!

People think that they're caring about animals when they do really little things like reporting one stray and then deciding that that is their good deed of the day. Reporting strays DOES help, but, that 'good deed of the day' is cancelled out when you go home to a big steak dinner made out of animals who've never seen grass in their life.
    In fact, with the horrific conditions on meat and dairy farms, I'm surprised that people say we care too much about animals.

Become an animal rights advocate. Go vegetarian/vegan, foster a shelter animal. And volunteer for the local shelter and then you can say you care about animals

• We don't care enough.

Yes sure there are many animals that we care about and welcome into our homes even, the cats and the dogs. But we don't even bat an eyelid and hundreds upon thousands of animals that are slaughtered, so we can have an unnecessary extra to our meal or a new handbag.

• We don't care enough about animals

Is it enough to say that whilst we humans have a universal declaration of human rights to protect our rights, animals don't have any actual rights, officially. WHY??? Because we do not care enough about them, they are equally capable of intelligent tasks. And none of them have caused countless species to become extinct, pretty much caused global warming and go around hating on each other. SERIOUSLY!!!!!!!!!!!

• We don't care enough about animals

Statistics prove that too many animals get slaughtered each year. 900 million animals killed with cruelty in total in the UK itself so far and more in the further. This is around 2.5 million a day, 100,000 an hour, 1,700 a minute and 30 per second. In fact, on average human eats 2000 animals a year. This shows how selfish a human being can be in the name of eating for ‘taste’ and ‘health’ when there are other alternatives than meat in the market. It portrays the insensitivity in human nature.

• We don't care enough about animals

Statistics prove that too many animals get slaughtered each year. 900 million animals killed with cruelty in total in the UK itself so far and more in the further. This is around 2.5 million a day, 100,000 an hour, 1,700 a minute and 30 per second. In fact, on average human eats 2000 animals a year. This shows how selfish a human being can be in the name of eating for ‘taste’ and ‘health’ when there are other alternatives than meat in the market.

• They deserve a lot more love and attention

Humans can look after themselves, humans can speak for themselves, but animals don't have a say in the matter. Animals can feel as much as the next man; elephants can suffer from loneliness and depression, cows have best friends and become sad when their friends pass, dogs are the most loyal creatures and will love you forever, etc. Humans have the problem in which they think we're better than anything because we're more complex, but it's actually quite the contrary. Humans have destroyed the Earth and drive animals out of their own homes because humans feel like they own everything they step on. Animals should be entitled to a life of freedom and happiness. Although there are more animal rights activists around (I, being one my self), we can't ignore the fact that animals are treated poorly at slaughterhouses so you can have your cheeseburger. Without them, there's no us. If you feel like money or your home is more important than the welfare of animals, than you aren't thinking properly. Animals can live without humans, and would probably be better off, but we would be no where without them.

• We don't care enough

The very fact that animals are still being slaughtered inhumanely by so called civilised countries shows that we do not. The fact that humankind is causing the extinction of certain species shows that we do not. The fact that pets are being abused all over the world by owners that are supposed to care for them shows that we do not. We need animals to exist in the world. We should do more to protect them.

• We are all animals

Animals have a conscience. They are BEINGS and ALIVE. Why, because they are slightly less intelligent, should we not care for them like we care for ourselves. We ensure that humans have the best welfare as possible. Because we have the intelligence and the design to do just that. Animals do not. This is not their fault; that they do not have the thought process to know where to move, they do not have our hands and feet to build, that they do not have our mouths and tongues to speak. It is our duty to look after them. We have a responsibility that comes with our unique abilities. Animals are made to be wild and free so no perhaps we should not coddle them with luxuries they would not receive in their habitats. However, it is OUR fault as a human race that many of them need to be saved and cared for. All our wars, pollution and buildings are the reason that we are having this vote and discussion today. Therefore, if we started the problem, shouldn't we be the ones to fix it?

• No, we do not care for animals to much.

The reason we don't care about animals too much is because if we did, then we would stop eating them and their families. People say they are the monsters, But I feel like I'm the only one who has looked in the mirror. They hunt for survival. We hunt for sport. They attack because they feel threatened or they are protecting. We attack to get rid of a grudge. We are a parasite. We must spread to live. We consume and devastate. We are the destruction of Earth itself, and yet no one sees this. We make an animal almost go extinct. Then we bring it back to lower the number of something else. Then it gets rid of to much and we try to get rid of it again. Why am I the only one who sees through my eyes?

• We need to care more for animals

I think and most people think the same as me, we need to worry more, animals are getting slaughtered around my area people are killing dogs, I think that Is terrible, anyone agree? But I think we need to worry a lot more than what we are now! We need to make a stand and make people worry more and to stop the violence against animals. Its cruel and they shouldn't be used like this!! Its murder!!