• Too Many Laws:

I believe that our country has more laws than are necessary. For example: There is a law that prohibits that certain foods are sold during school hours. As a result, parents have less of a responsibility to teach their children about nutrition, and making good decisions because the government has it under control. Another unnecessary law is the law requiring all insurances to provide/ pay for birth control. This law is unnecessary and immoral, because it requires institutions that are against birth control to pay for it. Both laws seize individual rights and responsibilities, turning them to the government. The laws are unnecessary because they cover topics that an individual can manage without intervention.

• Why do we have unnecessary laws?

I believe that we have too many laws. I feel that so many unnecessary laws have been made they distract us from what is really wrong with our society. There's a law in Ohio that prohibits you from selling colored chickens. Another useless Law in Ohio is its illegal to fish for whales on Sunday. After a while of us making unnecessary laws, the laws start becoming point less then no one would follow them at all to the point of complete chaos. Laws are for safety not for stupidity, its common sense.

• Too many laws: Alex Eatrides

Yes, I believe that our nation has too many laws. In America, there are laws for everything and anything, even some ridiculous laws that are comedic in some states. But I believe that the laws against gay marriage should be abolished. Their personal lives don't affect mine, and saying that, why should I determine what they do with their lives. Also, moving on to the topic about abortion, I believe that there should never be laws against that because I am pro- abortion. I believe that a woman can choose to do what she wants with her body, as long as she makes her decision before a heart beat is detected. I think the law about the time frame in which they can abort a child is necessary but in all, this nation has too many laws that dictate many peoples lives.

• Absolutely Too Many Laws

We live in a society where we have so many laws that even with written codes the people cannot possibly keep track of, learn or understand all the laws. In addition to the state laws there are also a plethora of federal and local ordinances we re all supposed to "just know." Oddly enough more than once I have seen a judge have to go grab a law code book because even they cannot remember or keep track of all our laws. We also have the highest rate of prisoners compared to our population in the world, and the most non violent offenders incarcerated which can only be explained by too many laws, and too much violation of the Constitution.

• The land of the happily enslaved fools

Today the amount of laws we have is mind boggling there are so many that we break without even knowing would be surprising we are being led into the days predicted by Ayn Rands supposed fiction of Atlas Shrugged... Lets ask ourselves what is the purpose of so many laws? We break them all the time but so what right? Something is coming and the government wants to be absolutely sure they have a way of making the honest man a criminal and what better way than outlawing an honest life?

"the only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws"
    ~Ayn Rand

today people go to jail for so many things as well it seems absurd.... Because it is we have no freedom in this country we have had the wool pulled over our eyes our entire system is broken and we go about our day as nothing is happening and when something does happen we are led to believe whatever we are told by the news media because "if it comes from the tv its got to be true" people wake up the government is corrupt and the more numerous the laws the more corrupt. Something must be done we are morphing into a socialist state the rules of becoming one are simple There are 8 levels of control that must be obtained before you are able to create a social state.

The first is the most important.

1) Healthcare — Control healthcare and you control the people

2) Poverty — Increase the Poverty level as high as possible, poor people are easier to control and will not fight back if you are providing everything for them to live.

3) Debt — Increase the debt to an unsustainable level. That way you are able to increase taxes, and this will produce more poverty.

4) Gun Control — Remove the ability to defend themselves from the Government. That way you are able to create a police state.

5) Welfare — Take control of every aspect of their lives (Food, Housing, and Income).

6) Education — Take control of what people read and listen to — take control of what children learn in school.

7) Religion — Remove the belief in the God from the Government and schools.

8) Class Warfare — Divide the people into the wealthy and the poor. This will cause more discontent and it will be easier to take (Tax) the wealthy with the support of the poor.

Now, think ...

Does any of this sound like what is happening to the United States?

• The United States of America is to strict!

The United States is so dumb and makes no sense! If I can get drafted for war, sign up for the military, become a porn star, smoke cigarettes, vote for the country, and be trialed as an adult why can't i have a glass of alcohol! Why can't i become a prostitute its my body, you can't tell me what to do with it!

• Unknown Large Meaningless

Yes, I think we do have too many laws. And that is a big problem. Firstly, with so many laws the efficiency of the country gets weakened. Second, people don t know the laws. There are some laws that just don t make any sense. With the meaningless laws there are always groups that have the authority to represent them. The country then must spend money that it doesn t have on things it doesn t need

• Laws never expire

Laws should always have a time limit. When a law is no longer needed or perhaps unsupported. It should be allowed to expire. Amendments and the constitution should be the only exception.

If antiquated revenue motivated laws on zoning and building codes were allowed to expire people wouldn't have such a high cost of living and be forced to live in tiny houses just to avoid the permitting process.

• Laws for laws

Look up your representative and see how many bills he or she supports. Read a few. They are trying to pass too many laws and avoid the major issues in this country. I feel THEY believe they need to pass laws to make things better, but in my opinion it is hurting us by limiting too much.

• To many laws

Yes we do have to many laws like the tax law. One day the price of food is going to sky rocket and we wont have enought money to pay for it. That is very bad because if we cant by food we can not live in the world today.

• We Do Not Have Too Many Laws

As nations advance and things change, new laws always have to occur. It's just the way that it goes. We can never have too many laws if it helps the people. I do agree that there are a lot of laws but you can never have too many laws since we need it.

• Laws are for chumps

There are too many laws, who needs laws, why not just cause chaos? The government doesn't understand this, and tires to limit our freedom, but if we protest, we will get the anarchy we deserve. Crap, I need more words. The rest is just nonsense to fill in the words I have left to write, oh I already passed the amount I needed, I can Finnaly stop typing, that's much better, I finnaly don't have to extend this paragraph any longer than it needs to be.

• Not too many laws

I believe we do not have too many laws because if we didn't have all these laws we would be very unsafe and people would think that they can do whatever they want even if it was obviously wrong. Although not all rules are written down we still know that certain things are not morally right.

• No we don't have too many rules.

Because if we had fewer laws then we would be getting hurt and could even die. And we could be getting bullied and all that stuff and the government cant to anything about it because there was no laws to say that we cant punch and bully other people and it wouldn't be fair.

hribick says2014-09-04T01:56:06.080
Yes, there is way to many laws in America today. It is severely hurting our econemy notice most of the factories that used to be operating in America are now over in Europe and Asia. The reason they are over there and some have even said it is that there is so many laws that they can't do business. Also it is harming people who struggle in school to. Years ago even without a high school diploma you could make a decent living working in a factory. You could even quit school and go to work years ago. So I think that some of those laws need to be removed. However I think the American people need to speak up and protest aganst some of the laws to because the laws will never change if the people don't do anything about it!