Do we live in a better world than our grandparents?

• Our life is better

Well, look at our time, then look at theirs. We live in nice homes, have nice food and have good education. Sure, there are still diseases and terrorism, but thats nothing to the Korean, VIetnam and for the older ones, WW2. So think again. Did they really have it better than us?

• WE do live in a better world

That transport now is far safer than it was in our grandparent’s day. In 1970 community awareness rose for road safety and created the turnaround in Australia’s road fatality record with the increase in vehicle ownership. For example in 1970 there was 3,798 deaths, more than half the amount of last year’s road toll, 1, 764. There are many major contributions to the turnaround.
    One of them is the improvement to roads; to start with the commonwealth government black spots program is there to get groups and individuals to nominate roads for improvement. Also they have added traffic speed bumps and concrete bollards to keep people from speeding and causing an accident in suburban areas.
    Another addition is that you have to wear seat belts in cars, and helmets on motorcycles, so if there is an accident not much damage can be done. But did our Grandparents have to do that? Of course they didn’t! They could sit on a back tray of a Ute to travel if they wanted to.
    One other improvement is that there is more safety features in cars, from anything like the reversing cameras to blindspot warning systems, and then others like airbags and fog lamps. I could list them on and on, there is that many of them.

• There no bombs here

Now for my first point my first point is that most of our grandparents lived through the war picking up diseases from the bombs and led paint. So they could not have as much clean air from the bombs as we do now and with the led paint it could chip off sending dangerous fumes in the air that could make you really sick so our grandparents could not breath as easily as we can today.

• There no bombs here

• There no bombs here

• Theres no bombs here so thats a step up

• It wasn't a lot safer back then.

In the day, it was bad because there was no seat belts in the car to harness us, babys to had no seat belt they were just left there in a bassinet in the back of the car. So that's how I think that We live in a better world than our grandparents

• It wasn't a lot safer back then.

• We do not live in a better world.

I do agree that we have made ungodly technological advances and great progresses on civil rights. However, I do believe that our current generation has been coddled. We live in a world of political correctness, double standards, and "safe spaces." Life is hard. Children are not held accountable by their parents anymore. Everything is being done for them. If we had another depression, I seriously doubt that even 80% of this current generation would survive it. We have been taught to take the "easy way out" when the hard way is more satisfying. We have no morals, unlike our grandparents, and we are not out for the common good of society.

• There no bombs here

• There no bombs here

• We do not

No, we do not live in a better world. Our world today is certainly different, but it is not better. Too much work stress nowadays, no sense of a tight-knit community like before because most people are strangers (due to globalization and change), too much sitting down, no time for outside or for hobbies, everything is about money, etc etc. The list goes on. This obviously may not be the case for every part of the world, and the question would need to be more specific, but generally this is the case.

• We do not

• Our grandparents definitely did have it best

Our grandparents did not have pollution, they did not have refugee and immigrant problem and they didn't have TRUMP, I am stating my arguments over these true facts so that you can take our side in this debate, so if don't take our side after this, I just don't know where you are in this world

• Life today is much more better than it was in the past.

Technology has made modern-day life much more comfortable. During our grandparents' time, life was hard because all the work was done without any modern tool. They had to do their laundry by hand, walked from one place from another place by feet. Today, thanks to technology, we laundrer our clothes by washing machine, use buses, cars to move around.

• No, we do not live in a better world than our grandparents

I believe that we don't live in a better world than our grandparents. Firstly, kids nowadays are less active than back when our grandparents were growing up. They are all glued to their devices! And this is coming from a kid!!! We are less active and we are a lot lazier. Also, back in the day we didn't have such big of an issue with drugs, stealing or alcohol. You could leave your house unlocked and not worry about anyone robbing you.

• We don't live in a better world

We are getting more addicted to devices and lazier and more obese. The world is in a bad condition and we are not doing anything about it. We are not being as social or getting out enough. Family time is important and nowadays your family is most often working or spending time on devices.