Do we live in a better world than our grandparents?

• Our life is better

Well, look at our time, then look at theirs. We live in nice homes, have nice food and have good education. Sure, there are still diseases and terrorism, but thats nothing to the Korean, VIetnam and for the older ones, WW2. So think again. Did they really have it better than us?

• WE do live in a better world

That transport now is far safer than it was in our grandparent’s day. In 1970 community awareness rose for road safety and created the turnaround in Australia’s road fatality record with the increase in vehicle ownership. For example in 1970 there was 3,798 deaths, more than half the amount of last year’s road toll, 1, 764. There are many major contributions to the turnaround.
    One of them is the improvement to roads; to start with the commonwealth government black spots program is there to get groups and individuals to nominate roads for improvement. Also they have added traffic speed bumps and concrete bollards to keep people from speeding and causing an accident in suburban areas.
    Another addition is that you have to wear seat belts in cars, and helmets on motorcycles, so if there is an accident not much damage can be done. But did our Grandparents have to do that? Of course they didn’t! They could sit on a back tray of a Ute to travel if they wanted to.
    One other improvement is that there is more safety features in cars, from anything like the reversing cameras to blindspot warning systems, and then others like airbags and fog lamps. I could list them on and on, there is that many of them.

• There no bombs here

Now for my first point my first point is that most of our grandparents lived through the war picking up diseases from the bombs and led paint. So they could not have as much clean air from the bombs as we do now and with the led paint it could chip off sending dangerous fumes in the air that could make you really sick so our grandparents could not breath as easily as we can today.

• There no bombs here

• There no bombs here

• Theres no bombs here so thats a step up

• It wasn't a lot safer back then.

In the day, it was bad because there was no seat belts in the car to harness us, babys to had no seat belt they were just left there in a bassinet in the back of the car. So that's how I think that We live in a better world than our grandparents

• It wasn't a lot safer back then.

• Social Life -

When we talk about social life we think of apps on our phones and texting. Not actually talking to people and being with people in person! Not just texting them. I read a news article stating that socializing helps keep you live longer. But we look to our phone to find friend, boyfriend etc. Not real people.

• Social Life -

• Social Life -

• There were more jobs back then

People are getting soft because there is technology to do our jobs for us and that's why people are losing jobs so if we continue with this, there would be less jobs in the future and we already have a big situation so why continue with it. For example: in factories people would make the supplies and materials but now there are robots to do our jobs for us and this is making us lazy. We are getting so soft in fact the next generation will not know how to do basic life skills and learn skills from jobs because they would have robots and machines doing it for them.

• Better Health and a simpler life

Are only some of the things that our grandparents had when they were our age that is better than our life now. Less stress, more free time and no social media issues fall under the category of simpler life and Healthier diet, more exercise and less obesity fall under the category of better health. So our grandparents definitely had a better lifestyle than us!!!

• Better Health and a simpler life

• We do not live in a better world.

I do agree that we have made ungodly technological advances and great progresses on civil rights. However, I do believe that our current generation has been coddled. We live in a world of political correctness, double standards, and "safe spaces." Life is hard. Children are not held accountable by their parents anymore. Everything is being done for them. If we had another depression, I seriously doubt that even 80% of this current generation would survive it. We have been taught to take the "easy way out" when the hard way is more satisfying. We have no morals, unlike our grandparents, and we are not out for the common good of society.

• There no bombs here

• There no bombs here