• Some, but less.

I believe that some amount of homework is necessary. Concepts learned in class should be reinforced as practice problems at home.

However, the current amount of homework, particularly in high schools, is unbearable. Students are often getting over 3 hours of homework a day, which is cutting into their sleep and relaxation time -- which can severely impair their learning ability.

For these reasons, I support some homework, but not too much. 30-60 minutes a night is an ideal amount for reinforcing concepts but not crushing students under a huge workload.

• Yes We Need Homework

In most schools, there is not enough time in the day to get every thing done in class. You can't use a whole class period doing review of topics or writing an entire essay, it will waste time that you can use to introduce more topics or help kids learn more.. Those reasons are why I believe we need homework in schools.

• Yes We Need Homework

• Should schools ban homework

Because homework makes kids cranky and angry and have an aggressive attitude, It should be banned. In the article, “Ten Reasons to Get Rid of Homework (and Five Alternatives.)” the author, John Spencer, claims to be a teacher himself. He states “I don’t assign homework and I haven’t for the last four years. It’s been a slow journey, because it runs against a very powerful ideology within the United States.” The reason he thinks schools should get rid and ban homework is because of seeing other students in class. Students get cranky, bored and angry when they are assigned homework. They also don’t need a repeat of what they just learned. They also may not have time to do homework and others don’t get to have family and play time. Homework de-motivates students. Most homework recreates school within the comfort of your own home. Homework can also keep kids up late. Some students have so much trouble with their homework that it keeps them up late. Sometimes until 12:00. This proves that I think that schools should ban homework.

• No homework should be given

To students. Because it makes them crabby and have bad altitudes and it keeps them up late. It also takes away play time and breaks from their every day life. It can make parents also stay up late helping the child if he needs help. Students also might have something else that has to be done, like chores.

• No this is bad

Clearly you have never been to a school and you are wrong. Homework is taking time away from people who have a life. Some people are involved in sports, or other actives and they are already busy enough, and packing on 3 hours of homework can lead to even more stress. I understand that sports are our choice.

• No this is bad