• Yes, it supports our freedoms.

I think that we really do need more hacking in the form of activism, if we as a people are going to survive. Such actions keep the large corporations honest, and holds them accountable to the rest of us. There really is nothing to lose by working in this manner.

• Yes, And There Needs To Be More Transparency

There needs to be more public transparency and less secrecy in the United States of America. Unfortunately, it is not going to come easy, and people like Aaron Swartz need to step forward and further the cause. Only, I hope the next person does not meet the same tragic end.

Posted by: rpr
  • I Believe So!

The more people that speak up for what is right, the better the United States will become! Aaron Swartz used the internet just like civil rights activists use some kind of civil disobedience. I believe that if more people do what they believe in instead of fear the government, then this country would be a better place.

• We do not.

While the message that Aaron Swartz was trying to get across was a good one, the way in which he delivered said message was a very poor one. We are a nation of laws, and we expect our citizens to abide by them. Hacking to spread your thoughts is a bad practice.

AnonyFeline says2013-08-15T07:42:59.783
We definitely need more individuals willing to dedicate their lives to the free and open sharing of all scholastic and academic research data.