• Yes, because the government is one cause of poverty.

The government has a hand in causing poverty by giving tax benefits and such to wealthy individuals and corporations who curry favor with money and lobbying. So those who are barely making it need to be given help also and be assisted in making a living and doing better in life or at least in eating and getting medical care.

• I think that we need the government to control poverty.

I think that we need the government to control poverty. If we leave the problem of poverty to be
    handled by donations from volunteers, we’ll be waiting forever. We need everyone to help if we truly want to
    reduce poverty. Only the government can
    come in and make sure that everyone does their part.

• We need government to control poverty.

We need government to control poverty. Any help from the government would be beneficial to the individuals facing crisis. Instead of cutting benefits for the public, I think they should be doing more to help get rid of poverty. Again, anything they can do to help is better than no assistance at all.

• Yes, we need the government to control poverty.

Poverty is a very severe issue that cannot be solved by one individual or group. It needs a collective effort lead by the government. The government has the funding and the ability to greatly reduce poverty. If we were to try and control poverty without the government, it is likely that more people would be poverty struck.

• You Can't Control Poverty

I do not believe we need the government to control poverty. I don't even know how a government would go about controlling poverty since there are a lot of ways for people to become impoverished. Should the poverty stricken expect assistance from their government? Yes, I believe so. This is an idea that is doable.