Do we need to take a gradual approach to allowing women in combat?

• We can't jump right in to this

There are still major concerns with allowing women in combat units. The physical differences have the potential to cause huge issues on the battlefield. It is to late to stop the transition now, but it needs to be taken slow so that any problems that arise can be reconciled before they become major issues. People need to stop focusing on "women power" and start focusing on having the most effective fighting force possible protecting us. The change has already been made to allow women into combat, that should be enough for the activists. Let them take it slow to make sure it is safe before plunging in with tunnel vision and not caring about the potential harm.

• We need to take a gradual approach to allowing women in combat.

We need to take a gradual approach to allowing women in combat in order to build public support. Many people have prejudices against women in the military and especially in combat because of antiquated gender roles. If we work gradually, we can fight these stereotypes to eventually allow women into more positions.

• Change Is Better When Slow

I believe we do need to take a gradual approach to allowing women in combat. Women will first need to be trained to interact properly in these scenarios and they should also need to show competence in this training. I think this alone should slow down the process of putting women in combat zones. Would should not be sending ill prepared people, rather male or female, into combat zones.

• Yes, a gradual approach would be prudent.

Women in frontline combat units will be a new experiment. There are some military occupational specialties that have been closed to women. These will be tricky to see if they are appropriate jobs that women can and will want to fill. I think the approach would be to go slow with the process.

• No, military women are fully prepared for combat

Military women go through the same basic training and extra training as men do. Therefore, they are just as qualified to be in combat as men are. Any training given to men, should also be given to women who wish to serve on a forward line or in a high-risk area.

• No,we should not take a gradual approach to allowing women in combat.

Women should be allowed to participate in combat roles as soon as possible.If the men have a problem with it they will just have to get over it because women are in the military to stay and they can perform virtually every duty that men can in virtually the same manner.

• I don’t think that we need to take a gradual approach to allowing women in combat in the armed forces.

I don’t think that we need to take a gradual approach to
    allowing women in combat in the armed forces.
    It’s about time that women are given the same opportunities that men
    have had for centuries. As long as women
    pass the physical tests to prove that they are fit for combat, they should be
    allowed to fight.

• No, they can serve immediately.

No, we do not need to take a gradual approach to allowing women in combat, because there is no reason that women cannot serve in combat roles immediately. Women need only to be trained for their positions in the same way that men are trained. They are capable of fulfilling their roles immediately and contributing to the common defense.

• No, allowing women in combat would mean trouble

The U.S. military is already the most powerful military in the world and has accomplished incredible things. My main reason for opposing women in combat is that, as of now, females are not required to sign up for the draft when they turn 18, and from what I hear most girls are happy about this. If we allow women in combat, then they would likely also then be required to sign up for the draft, just like boys. I believe this would cause a major uprising among women. Another reason is that it has been stated that women fighting with men might cause the men to take unnecessary and dangerous measures to protect the women while in combat. This is because it is our instinct as males to protect females.

• No - Women are Ready

No, I think that women are ready for combat. All they need is the right training and they will be ready to go. Women have been warriors in the past. I believe that they are more than ready today. If women can spend hours giving birth to babies with no training the first time around, then women can go into combat - with training of course. Women are strong and smart. Whether or not men or women think the above statement is true is not the point. What my point is is that there are many attributes that make women ready for combat. Women have a strong will. Women are incredible athletes and gymnasts. Therefore, I think that women are ready for combat.