• I say yes

People rely too much on technology and not on each other. People should rely on each other because a person may have a better experience about what you may be saying versus a person giving you the quote on quote correct answer. People should not rely on technology because some people can't even start a conversation, they don't know what to say without texting and abriviatoins, so they lose their communication skills. To prevent this , people should have a day without technology and be with friends and family so they could bring back verbal conversation among themselves

• We're lost without them

In school and at home, I am guilty of heading straight to an electronic device as soon as I can, and my friends are guilty of the same action. Technology "rules" over us, and is oftentimes the motive for many of our actions or ideas. At my school, we rely heavily on technology- to create presentations, write papers, check grades, do research, and more. While these are useful tools, and they make doing these things much easier than having to do them by hand, I'm realizing just how much we depend on technology. If we had a research project where we couldn't use a computer, even to type up our work, I'm pretty sure most of the class would be lost. We're all so reliant on our devices and search engines and resources that are just on the computer that doing something that doesn't involve technology is intimidating. I am guilty of being this way, and I am not at all saying that I'm perfect or don't fit in with this up and coming generation of teenagers, but I don't agree with everything we're doing. There's nothing wrong with using technology, but with moderation is the best form.

• Availability of technology

Computers and technology as a whole is very easily accessible to the entire society. This means that children spend much more time on computers as they will have them within their household. They replace play time with the computer by simply sitting in front of the screen e.g. watching movies.

• Technology has ruined our society.

Our society is breaking down because of technology. Yes it can be good and help us with world problems but people are becoming dummer and dummer because of it. The average person checks their phone 200 to 300 times a day and people only text instead of talking face to face. They play online games instead of making their own games or going over to each other's house.

• Most people nowadays rely on computer too much, some of people do not.

As a international students from China, I think most people, including kids, teenagers and adults, rely on computer too much. In China, many little kids begin to play computer games or video games, like my cousin, he is now 7 years old and played online game sometimes more than 5 times a week, every time lasts at least 1 hour.Now I am in America, some of my classmates and friends play LOL every day,this has already influenced their study in a bad way. Additionally, Many American students use calculators so much that they can not do many simple calculations easily. And programs of computer can do many calculations, even many complex maths operations, so our brains does not to think, what we do is to type the input values and wait for output. Computers and programs do have their benefit, what matters is how and when we use them.

• Yes is true

Without technology people would be lost and confused. Most people can even do simple calculations without the help of a calculator, so without this calculator what would those people do they would just sit there and look at the sums confused not knowing what to do without the calculator and people would struggle with life if google did not exist aswell

• Do kids even have to work anymore?

WE see it occur drastically in children today. Kids don't even find the need to think about anything anymore, because they know they will have the internet to fall back on to help them. Test my philosophy on a highschool student a question that they should know chances are if they don't know the answer the first thing they do is search the internet on their phones. Therefore in my opinion we do and it will only get worse and worse through each generation as technology evolves.

• Because of computers, we have forgotten how to live

Kids don't play outside anymore. They lack an imagination. Why? Because computer games, video games, television, cell phones, etc. shape their minds. They don't know what it's like to problem solve on their own with their own resources. I personally grew up in the 90s knowing both sides. In high school, I did have AIM and a cell phone. I can also say I wasted many hours of my day on the phone and computer as I got older instead of actually meeting up with my friends. People have forgotten how to just spend time with one another. We spend so much time on social media talking about what we want to do instead of just doing it. People are on Instagram "sharing" moments instead of just enjoying moments. I could go on and on. I enjoy leaving the country when I know I am not going to pay for wifi so I can just enjoy life for what it is.

• Many tasks do not need a computer, a common note book would serve as well.

Computers may perhaps reduce our carbon footprint but they are temperamental, complicated to use and subject to fraud. Ultimately the password situation needed for security will become unworkable and for many people information could be as well saved in a pocket diary and by extension a fire proof filing cabinet. Computers are not secure and they never will be, they are subject to virus attacks and lock outs, a filing cabinet is not. Computers are no more fire proof than paper. Note books and Paper provided by sustainable forests are acceptable and a manual filing system with back up is accessible at all times. There is no cost involved in running a filing cabinet and no replacement is necessary except perhaps a new pen now and again. The computer is a new toy, it does have it's uses but we overstate them vastly. I use my computer less and less.

• I say yes

• Availability of technology.

It is not that we rely on technology too much it is that fact that technology is available to us. As we have this availability so more people will constantly use it. There are cases where people do not have availability and thus will not be reliant on technology. It is simply the fact that those who can afford and regularly use technology can continuously use it and benefit from it. However does who do not have funds and availability to technology are not able to use it and therefore find other means as opposed to relying on technology.

• It is not that we "over rely" on them, rather people just take it for granted

While yes we do use them on a daily basis, it is not because we are required to, but rather it does the job quicker, We could waste precious time driving to the bank to get cash out of our accounts, or we could save gas and use a debt or credit card. Same concept, as for kids not playing outside, blame the parents, not the tools the kids use, I know when i was little we had old gaming consoles such as the Super Nintendo, but we never used them unless it was raining because our parents did not let us. Technology is nothing more than a way humans have figured out to make something easier and more efficient. If we over rely on computers, cant the same be said for the hammer that help built our houses, and the welding machines that now build our planes? Once again, we don't over rely on them, we overly take them for granted.

• Technology Is imperative for Human Survival

If all technology was removed from the world, humans would be defenceless owing to their poor physical attributes compared to many predators. Animals have claws, fangs, venom, size and strength whilst humans only have their advanced brains to help them survive. Humans developed technology to make up for this, so in essence, technology use only makes us more human, as it is unique to us and no other animals use it.

• There is no such thing as too much reliance

Humans have relied on technology since the first caveman discovered how to use a club to beat his dinner to death. We've always relied on technology, that's how we create and innovate. Just because that technology increasingly takes place on computers and in lines of computer code instead of clubs or gears or pulleys, doesn't mean that we have an unhealthy reliance on it now.

• We do not rely on computers.

We have lived without computers before so we can do it now only why people get on is because it is faster to look up things or play games but not that many people rely on computers most kids rely on ps3 or xbox360 this is what I think o yea

• The burden exists to show that it is "too much"

We rely a lot on computers. Computers take a significant burden odd of people. Between robotics, AI, and word processing, computers benefit the lives of everyone in the developed world. So how is the view that it is TOO much warranted? Computers are not about to stop being a thing, and even if the world goes to hell in a handbasket, just the existence of the fossils of computers will help us rebuild that much faster and people remain who can survive without.

• About as much as people of the Industrial Revolution relied too much on their new technological advances.

We're just going through a second technological revolution and people who weren't brought up with it are very confused and scared. You have to remember that the same thing happened when the factory system was put into place, and society rapidly changed for those people, and a lot of people said it was bad and it was ruining the family structure, and that it was unnatural. Sounds familiar to you?

• We Don't Rely On Them Too Much

I do not think that people these days rely on computers too much. We are able to do things without computers, it's just that computers are very convenient. People survived without computers in the past and could easily do so now if we had to. The only reason we use computers is because they are quick.