• Yes, It Is Still Needed

Daylight saving time was instituted during World War Two in order to help conserve fuel. More light means less electricity used in homes. While World War Two has ended a long, long time ago, the ability to conserve energy and reduce fuel consumption is still very important. So, initial reason for it has changed, but it's still needed.

Posted by: rpr
  • Yes we should

It helps people in the morning so cars can see them like kids at the bus stop so they are safe. It can help you focus on work because we get more sleep so you are not as tired at school or at work. You can get your work done.

• Yes, yes, YES

I think we still need daylight savings time because sunlight is nice and you don't need to worry about skunks. We also need daylight savings time because a lot of people like walking their dog when there is daylight. I and some other people like taking a walk when their is daylight.

• Yes we need daylight saving time because,

We need more daylight so we don't have to waste any lights in the house. Also what we can do is work more and get more money for phone bills and other bills like house bills mostly so we can pay for food and other things we need like Ham , Meat , and all that other good foods out their in the world and one more thing is so we can get stuff for our house or get stuff that we can do

• We need daylight savings time.

If we don't have day light savings time we will half to go to school and work at night. If we think it is night out we will think it is time to sleep. If we sleep we will fail. If we fail we will wont get a good grade so we wont get a good job.

• People need sleep so they can do more work

People need sleep so they can pay attention in school or do more work in there job. They can do much more with more sleep. They also can learn more in school, college and work. With that they can do a lot more then they can do with out sleep

• Yes all because

You can use the extra time to do work, build something you wanted to make, have time to pack up for school, to play, clean your room or house, help people, bake things like cake, cookies, or brownies, exercise, do homework, save time, read, draw, imagine great thing, and be kind to others.

• Yes ,Yes, Yes

Wake up Qld, line us up with the other states, for sake of our businesses and for a little extra sleep in the morning without the sun beating in the window at 4am. Don't keep on being the odd state out, get in line, we need daylight saving more than any other state.

• It is extra sleep

Yes we need it to get more sleep. More sleep means more focusing on learning. We need as much sleep as we can get.... ... .. . . . . . . . . . . . . ... . . .. . . . . . . . .

• What is the point?

The natural daylight gets longer in the months DST encompasses anyway--so, why move clocks? Living in the USA south, prolonging afternoon hours in the summer months makes "away from work" time is miserable (as the late afternoon is the hottest part of the day). Moreover, for office workers and students, DST makes the start of your day "in the dark". Completely idiotic and confusing. Get rid of it!

• Yf, g g h h h hj

Outdated Philosophy. More Serious Cons Than Positive Pros. Studies show more serious cons, including health problems and car accidents. Not proven to save energy. It would be healthier for people to start their day earlier and end their day earlier. DST is an artificial time, not true time. The sun should be directly or close to above in the sky at 1200 hours not at 1300 hours.
    Report Post
    Like Reply00
    Absolutely not required. Makes no sense at all these days...Logistics work all around the day regardless of daylight (I don't even understand the fuel saving argument, I'm guessing people mean power plants), A/C works almost all around the clock , and incandescent lights have been replaced by LED lighting in a lot of households/commercial buildings/street lighting/industry (still spreading fast), putting lighting much lower on the consumption list (LED fixtures are at least 5-6 times more efficient, and that's very pessimistic, try more like 10 these days). In the winter it'll be dark when you get off work if its 4 or 5 PM, doesn't matter, in the summer most people get off work well before sunset even if not on DST...Not to mention the confusion the change can cause especially with the date being different for various regions in the world, plus the disruption of the sleep cycle...There are far more practical and better ways of saving energy than DST (smart grids, the gradual shift to LED lighting, better heat insulation for homes (this is actually a hugely important aspect), etc..). It's just outdated and should be phased out...
    Report Post
    Like Reply00
    No daylight saving time Daylight savings is stupid. Ever since daylight savings began I’ve been tired at school. I need it dark to sleep and so do a lot of other people. People say it’s good to have more daylight so Kids don’t sit down and play video games. But,I think this is wrong because because if you don’t get enough sleep, you can get sick.

I
    Report Post
    Like Reply00
    I say no to daylight savings Because it is no healthy at all. We can not get enough sleep if we have daylight savings. We will cause accidents and not be able to concentrate at school or at work. We will be tired all day long. So I say NO NO NO NO TO DAYLIGHT SAVINGS
    Report Post
    Like Reply00
    DST is so forking retarded DST is so forking retarded because there is no point of it just makes an annoyance and someone i know will probably be tail gated! And on that very retarded note we don't forking need it any more because it doesn't matter.DST is so forking retarded because there is no point of it just makes an annoyance and someone i know will probably be tail gated! And on that very retarded note we don't forking need it any more because it doesn't matter.

• Outdated Philosophy. More Serious Cons Than Positive Pros.

Studies show more serious cons, including health problems and car accidents. Not proven to save energy. It would be healthier for people to start their day earlier and end their day earlier. DST is an artificial time, not true time. The sun should be directly or close to above in the sky at 1200 hours not at 1300 hours.

• Absolutely not required.

Makes no sense at all these days...Logistics work all around the day regardless of daylight (I don't even understand the fuel saving argument, I'm guessing people mean power plants), A/C works almost all around the clock , and incandescent lights have been replaced by LED lighting in a lot of households/commercial buildings/street lighting/industry (still spreading fast), putting lighting much lower on the consumption list (LED fixtures are at least 5-6 times more efficient, and that's very pessimistic, try more like 10 these days). In the winter it'll be dark when you get off work if its 4 or 5 PM, doesn't matter, in the summer most people get off work well before sunset even if not on DST...Not to mention the confusion the change can cause especially with the date being different for various regions in the world, plus the disruption of the sleep cycle...There are far more practical and better ways of saving energy than DST (smart grids, the gradual shift to LED lighting, better heat insulation for homes (this is actually a hugely important aspect), etc..). It's just outdated and should be phased out...

• No daylight saving time

Daylight savings is stupid. Ever since daylight savings began I’ve been tired at school. I need it dark to sleep and so do a lot of other people. People say it’s good to have more daylight so Kids don’t sit down and play video games. But,I think this is wrong because because if you don’t get enough sleep, you can get sick.

I

• I say no to daylight savings

Because it is no healthy at all. We can not get enough sleep if we have daylight savings. We will cause accidents and not be able to concentrate at school or at work. We will be tired all day long. So I say NO NO NO NO TO DAYLIGHT SAVINGS

• DST is so forking retarded

DST is so forking retarded because there is no point of it just makes an annoyance and someone i know will probably be tail gated! And on that very retarded note we don't forking need it any more because it doesn't matter.DST is so forking retarded because there is no point of it just makes an annoyance and someone i know will probably be tail gated! And on that very retarded note we don't forking need it any more because it doesn't matter.

• Why don't we all just spring forward and stay there.

We should just stay in are normal time. I really don't understand why people need to steal an hour of our sleep if their just going to give it back to us in the fall. It always falls on a Sunday and so it makes us more grumpy on Monday. Let us keep are sleep.

• Stupid daylight savings

I don't think we need DST. It is messing up our environment and our world. I think that we should just leave it alone. The days are fine as is. By changing the time you are messing every bodies day up. There was a time change on march 11 and the first two days were really hard for me and my family to get up. And that is why i forking hate DST!

On Sunday, March 11, most people will set their clocks forward an hour and on sunday, november 4 people set it back an hour for daylight savings. The days start to get longer as Earth moves from the winter season to spring and summer, with the longest day of the year on the summer solstice