• Yes, It Is Still Needed

Daylight saving time was instituted during World War Two in order to help conserve fuel. More light means less electricity used in homes. While World War Two has ended a long, long time ago, the ability to conserve energy and reduce fuel consumption is still very important. So, initial reason for it has changed, but it's still needed.

Posted by: rpr
  • Yes ,Yes, Yes

Wake up Qld, line us up with the other states, for sake of our businesses and for a little extra sleep in the morning without the sun beating in the window at 4am. Don't keep on being the odd state out, get in line, we need daylight saving more than any other state.

• It is extra sleep

Yes we need it to get more sleep. More sleep means more focusing on learning. We need as much sleep as we can get.... ... .. . . . . . . . . . . . . ... . . .. . . . . . . . .

• It is extra sleep

• It is extra sleep

• Yes, this is because...

I think that we should keep daylight savings time because I feel like people are making a big deal out of it. Losing 1 hour of sleep a year because of it isn't going to kill you. Also, it does in fact help most places, such as Michigan, we get to spend longer outside and see more daylight, which to me is a good thing. I don't want to wake up at like 7 and have it already bright out and have already missed some of the daylight. Another thing that I have realized is that we have gotten along fine without it for awhile, why stop now? Some places can keep it if they want to but they don't have to. This is why I believe we should keep daylight savings time.

• Yes, this is because...

• Kkkhkj jkhhkj jkhb

Kj j j j jj j j j j j j jj j jj j jjjjjjjjjjj j j jj n n n n nn n n nnn n n n n n nn n n nn n n n n n n nn n n n n n n n n

• Sah dudes .

Its gucci i don't want to go to school at seven and wake up at 6 because I'm s o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o tired.

• So I don't have to go to school early at 6 o clock

Its peanut butter jelly time woooooooooooooooo oo ov ooo o o o o o o o o o o o o oo o o o o o o o oo o o o o o o o oo o o o o o o oo o o o o o

• It makes it harder to get up in the morning

I think this way because it kids who go to school will have to wake up 1 hour earlier. Some people might say that saved fuel in WW2. This doesn't work because it would keep the Fighter awake and kess energized for battle. This was originally made be Ben Franklin bet now it is useless.

• No to Daylight saving time

Who gives humans the right to keep changing time. It's 2017 and it's about time we stopped messing with time, Russia stopped in 2014 so the whole world needs to stop and be grateful with the time we have. The days are short enough as it is without taking an hour off, leave it at GMT/ UST. STOP IT NOW.

• Please stop the insanity!

Besides, it doesn't work! We still have the same amount of daylight no matter what your clock says! Now I am back to having headlights in my rear view mirror on the way to work again! Really was nice the couple weeks I could use my sunglasses driving to work...I know it will be light enough to do that in a month, but really...Why the insanity?

• It gets light naturally/neighbors/kids out making noise later

We are no longer in the era of WWII. It is no longer needed as it once was. Neighbors/kids out making noise later, which makes it hard for working people who need to go to bed early to get sleep. I have wanted this to stop for a long time.

• No logic in it

It gets darker an hour earlier which everybody hates. If we didn't turn it back in the fall, we would earn one hour in the evening and lost one hour in the morning which would be better than losing one hour of light in the evening! So, for example, today the Sun goes down at 4:48 pm instead of 5:48 and rises at 7 am instead of 8. It's the same thing! We lose one hour of light either way! I don't find it logical...

• Once served a purpose

Used to conserve fuel in war time. No longer necessary. The cows don't know it's DST. The politicians can change it at any time. In Canada it's decided by province; Saskatchewan never changes. NL once had DOUBLE DST! Disrupted business with other provinces & in people body circadian rhythms .

• Serves No Purpose

The arguments for agriculture, energy savings, and just about any other is out of date and just a piece of history that no longer makes sense. Its a manipulation of nature that does not need to be. No place in the world other than the US practices this. It just confuses everyone and makes it miserable for those of us that have interests in other countries of the world.

• Stop daylight savings time it messes with your sleep schedule which for many is already a problem

I hate driving home in the dark...The darkness depletes your energy. I always feel like I should be home in bed. It's so difficult especially driving from East to West to have the sun setting in your face, seriously it is blinding. If your heading home around 4Pm it can really inhibit your driving. I like the extra evening hours in the spring but again going West to East causes the same problems. God gave us a plan for good reason Dst was not His idea.

• I live in a state that doesn't observe DST and life is great.

Games and website based in states with daylight savings time irritate me.
    It was to conserve fuel so more could go to the war and keep the country out of so much debt. Well light sensors and power efficient lighting has changed the the fuel consumption part and the country is in debt from war any way.
    The only reason I can see it exists in the US is to irritate the citizens and visitors and cause a disruption to the regular pattern of daily life.