• The UN officially recognizes 193 countries ( all of which are organization members ) and a few countries that are categorized as "observer states"...

The UN officially recognizes 193 countries ( all of which are organization members ) and a few countries that are categorized as "observer states", or recognized countries.

Under the UN Charter all recognized states ( along with their borders and demarcated territories ) have a legal right to exist, and any nation that attempts to alter those borders through theft of territory is committing a violation of international law. The United Nations is the world's foremost authority (recognized by 193 member nations) on international law and protocol.

Any nation that has signed on to be UN member by default must recognize the right of all other 192 member nations to exist!

• Of Course They Do.

Weak nations should have the same rights as any other country to exist. Their people should be left in peace, but the bigger, bullying countries just can't have that can they? If I lived in a smaller, weaker nation, I would want to be left alone to live a decently normal life. I don't see why they can't continue on without the fear of a stronger nation taking control. I wish we could all just get along. That may be a childish statement, but I don't think our adult ways of life are always right.

• Can we handle the fallout from wiping them out? Nazis couldn't. And someone powerful may think my nation is weak!?!

Starting from the dawn of human civilization we have managed to increase the number of people inhabiting Earth. That was a consequence of the development of interpersonal relations and economic exchanges that included technology over many generations. This means we generally have no need to go steal something from the neighbor to manage a reasonable life.

When a nation, that is more wealthy than another and presumably more civilized because of better education of the young ones before they become adults, starts acting as the maker or breaker of other nations that it deems inferior, there will inevitably be actions deemed as crimes by the standards of most people of the more powerful nation. Crime leads to hiding what happens and rulers that bask in the power they get from the resources stolen are going to become corrupted by a feeling of absolute power and of being untouchable.

Now let's think a little about a ruler that feels almighty and projects his eyes on his own people after dismantling a foreign nation.

That means that for the good of all the people on this Earth we live on a situation where a live and let live philosophy is applied by everybody is the best course of action.