• Yes, women and men have equal rights in the USA.

Yes, both men and women have the same rights in the United States, and both sexes have the same opportunities to excel in today's society. New legislation passed by Congress continues to make sure that everyone from employers to agencies cannot discriminate against men or women, which helps with the equal rights.

• Sometimes women have more rights.

Yes, many say we aren't paid as well and so on. Think of it this way, a man who is a single dad. What happens when he has to chase down child support? Calls the police because his wife is striking him yet is viewed as a wimp for it -but gets thrown in jail if he touches her? Take a child on a play date? Men are obligated to fight on the front lines of war. As I woman, I often get a choice to do so. I am able to choose to abort a child without consulting the father. My rights to gain child custody are usually paramount over the father's right even if I don't have employment. I've seen men ridiculed for having wives who make more money. Never a woman ridiculed for it. I've seen them ridiculed for choosing to stay at home. Not women. The rights of men come with heavy public perceptions so to compare the two based solely on job earnings doesn't seem right. Men are often asked to do more physically than we are and are often sent into business situations that women are not safe to be in. I get paid less at my job because I can't handle the same contracts as my partner. For example, Muslim nations refuse to do business with me because I'm a woman. So doesn't India and often China. I'm of Dominican decent and often my Haitian contacts refuse to work with me over it. My partners traveling schedule therefore eclipses mine and he's a family man. We have the same job title but had to shuffle contracts because he is a man and with his role comes perception. Outside influences do play apart in equality not just male or white male american perceptions. Sometimes a company doesn't explain this clearly enough. I will tell you that I feel women have more rights especially in the workplace then men do. Many are in fear of dealing with us in fear that we might view it as sexual harassment, workplace hostility, or discrimination. So, keep your equal rights law stuff away and just allow us to acquire it openly and honestly. It will be done once we learn to trust and if the global world ever accepts women as equals.

• Naysayers seem confused.

"Rights" are a matter of law. Period. Yet almost every "no" comment I've seen at the time of this writing admits that's women ARE equal under the law, but then go on to talk about how they're not equal in practice. The naysayers seem confused between "rights" and "norms". The question is not about society or culture. If you put the comments in the proper section, then almost everybody agrees that women ARE equal under the law. There doesn't seem to be a strong debate on this point, only misunderstanding of what the point actually is.

• Yes, but there is still discrimination.

As with discrimination against people of color, sex discrimination is not legal and that makes things quite a bit better because lawsuits can be brought. But in the same way there is still undercover discrimination and stereotyping that keeps some people from attaining the success or the freedom of other people.

• Yes, America is the most fair country.

Yes, women and men in the USA have equal rights, even if they are not always applied equally. In the United States today, women can vote, own property, work, and all of the things that men can do. Even though not every citizen or resident is free of sexism or discrimination, there is not institutionalized sexual discrimination in the United States.

• Yes. i believe women and men in the USA have equal rights.

Yes. I believe women and men in the USA have equal rights. I believe all people in America have equal rights. If you go to school get an education your opportunities in America are unlimited. In America you will never be denied something if you are qualified, it doesn't matter if your male or female.

• In theory men and women have equal rights

Yes, it can be said that women and men have equal rights. Whether or not they are always respected is a different story altogether. In reality we should be treated as equals, but sometimes women are paid less for the same work, promoted below their male peers, and are overlooked for assignment due to being female.

• I like pussayyyyyy

Dsfhkgjhfsdhgjhfujgshsdfbgfhbnfghngjhfnghndfbhtrgdbncghncgh nchnmmjjnmhmgdmhggjdmkhjhn fgjbhjg jgbbff gfg fgfd gf gr gf f f ghf gf gf dg dshg h gsfhg fh gfs h g hg s fdgh hhgd hg g g g g g gjh j df jg j gf j g f jg j gfd jg fj gf jh fgh gd hg h gdhm nghsnn hgvhsgfngvnmsdfb vgnmg ,bsdfgbsb fh vfhf bg fg v svfbgfbgbag sgb fhb vs fsh

• I like pussayyyyyy

• Dick ass pussy

Ss xx s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s

• They don't ☺

And it's bad. It's really bad. So bad. Awfully bad. I'm disgusted by how bad it is. Terribly bad. Sooooo bad. I just can't stand how bad it is. It's super bad. Surprisingly bad. Jeez, it sure is bad. Baaaaaad. It's just sooooooooo bad. Ugh, it's really bad. Too bad.

• Hold up, hold up, hold up

Hold up, hold up... Are some of you really saying that women have more rights cause of trivial things like clubbing? That's just cause those guys are fucking disgusting. Anyway, i wanted to add to my previous comment. There are more places besides wage. Yes, women are often given favor in court, but that has to do with inequality too. Women are seen as too weak to harm this man so a court sides with her. She's too weak to not have her child so the court sides with her. Or she's too frail to have a job that pays enough so the court sides with her. My sisters and brothers don't side with this either. Equal rights, equal fights, in all aspects. Is it an advantage? Yes. But there shouldn't be one. Society is still stuck in this Men > women state because the people raised believing that from 1940-1970 are running society.

And these societal barriers impact women in so many other ways. This includes business, where a male is seen as dominant if he loud or angry in a board room, but those same emotions are considered bitching out for a female. They are more inclined to listen to the male, but not the female. But if the woman is nice and calm, the other workers won't take her seriously and try to walk over her.

The military is a bitch to women too. The men think they're more rational and better at solving problems. If you look at any disagreement between two men and two women, the two women (not ghetto/ratchet shit, I mean like out and about) you see the disagreement escalating much slower. The only thing men are innately better at in the military is being physically strong, but brawn doesn't always beat brain. On top of all the physical training this woman probably did before entering, she may have an advantage if our egos and prejudice just got out of the way. Shame on my side of the human race, shame.

• No They Do Not

Under law, yes they do. But are these laws practiced? No. Yes they have equal rights but are still not treated as equals. In some instances, there are reasons for this. Such as certain foreign affairs with businesses from other countries who view women as inferior/subservient. But this should not be seen in our own country. Generally, women should be seen as equal to men. While things are getting better, there is still a lot of work to be done. A lot of times companies weasel out of the 14th Amendment regarding pay by making excuses that this man needs more than this woman because [insert probable bullshit here]. One shouldn't be paid more or less for the same job regardless of their circumstance. If I were inexperienced but still got the same job as you, I shouldn't be paid any less. If you are given a raise maybe because of how long you worked there or give quality work, that's fine. But every man shouldn't get this and I don't because I'm a woman (I'm not but let's just pretend here). Anyone who believes these laws are actually practiced by most companies need to wake up and see that America isn't the shining beacon of equality it claims to be. Why do you think that the "First Female" anything is still a big deal?

• Nigggggerrrs suck dick

Niggers don't have same rights so fuck the police they are are are are are are are fjdkkdkdkd ok I I I j I j j j j ik j I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I niggers. Cunt ass and dick munch

• Clubbing 3 for 1 all night?

If a guy and a girl are going to a club in groups they give the girls 3-1 and sometimes depending on how they dress they may even be let in for free. On the male side of the story absolutely nothing is free, drinks entrance and everything else is at full price. No discount at all.

• Why do girls have to wear bras?

Both boys and girls have nipples and just because the girls grow they need a bra? There are men that even have more breasts than some women but there is no problem with them not wearing a bra but a woman always has to wear a bra no matter what?

• The law applies to men and women differently.

The courts apply an intermediate test to cases to any cases involving a woman or women's issues. This is opposite to the strict scrutiny test applied to protected classes such as race. This creates inherent inequality and inability for jurists and states to be uniform in how they apply the law to women. Because of this the constitution, which does not have the wording men and women equal under the law is interpreted too broadly. This creates inequality in the law and a necessity for an constitutional amendment.

• Sometimes women have more rights.

• Not in the PAST, nor the PRESENT, and maybe not even in the FUTURE.

In the United States, you would not find equality for both genders. There will always be something that people will discriminate against, whether it is your race, disability, skin color, gender attraction, or for just being you. America is supposed to be a melting pot, in which people come mostly come for the opportunities and better life styles. Why would people want to go to a place, that has more discrimination than their own home?1?!?!?!

• Men are not treated justly in US justice system

Women get money and child care and men go to jail. Men are regularly abused by women and no one cares. Judge take away the custodial right of men, take away money and wealth. Men are women are not equal. Men are treated as a piece of crap. I feel white middle class men is hit by the law hardest.